Must Be... Love
|Must Be... Love|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Dado Lumibao|
|Music by||Jessie Lasaten|
|Edited by||Marya Ignacio|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|Box office||₱76.9 million|
Must Be... Love is a 2013 Filipino coming-of-age romantic comedy film directed by Dado Lumibao, starring Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla. The film was shot in many locations in Cebu and Laguna in the Philippines. The film was produced by Star Cinema and was released nationwide on March 13, 2013.
"Must Be... Love" follows the love story of Patricia (Kathryn Bernardo), who is better known as "Patchot or Patch", and her childhood best friend, Ivan (Daniel Padilla). But what will Patchot do if she starts falling in love with her best friend? And what if Ivan only sees her as a 'best friend'? This problem will develop when another girl enters Ivan's life. Unfortunately for Patchot, it's her cousin Angel (Liza Soberano). Will Ivan fall in love with "Patchot" or will they remain as best friends forever?
- John Estrada as King Espinosa
- Liza Soberano as Angel Gomez
- Arlene Muhlach as Gwen Martinez
- John Lapus as Tita Baby
- Cacai Bautista as Dolly
- Janus Del Prado as Gordo
- Paul Salas as Jake
- Sharlene San Pedro as Lavinia
- Ramon Christopher as Tito Conde
- Kit Thompson as Nicco
- Alan Paule as Mang Badong
- Miguel Morales as Bok
- Cris Gabriel Queg as Bibap
- G. Toengi as Patchot's Mother
- Enrique Gil as Dave (uncredited)
- Sofia Milla as young Patchot Espinosa
- Kyle Banzon as young Ivan Martinez
"Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat", an entry in the 2013 songwriting competition Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs originally recorded by Daniel Padilla, was used as the film's theme song. A mid-tempo version of the song was recorded by Sam Milby, which it was used in the trailer of the film and was also played in the film.
The film was graded "B" by the Cinema Evaluation Board, and it received G rating by the MTRCB.
Jennifer Dugena of Philippine Entertainment Portal said Must Be.. Love was a recommended "perfect teen movie" and finished the review wrote , "Must Be Love is a rare film that is cute and light as much as it is serious and heavy, content-wise."
The film earned ₱113 million after almost 3 weeks of showing. With total gross $1,741,780, the movie rank 34 on the 2013 Philippines Yearly Box Office.
- "Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo in Star Cinema's "Must Be Love"". Archived from the original on February 25, 2013. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- "Must Be... Love". March 20–24, 2013.
- "Must Be Love Full Trailer". YouTube. February 27, 2014. Retrieved March 1, 2014.
- Dugena, Jennifer (18 March 2013). "REVIEW: KathNiel movie gives valuable lessons to teens". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Archived from the original on October 12, 2013.
- "2013 Philippines Yearly Box Office.". Box Office Mojo.