|Council president of the Casablanca-Settat region|
Assumed office |
14 September 2015
|Preceded by||Position established|
20 December 1964|
|Political party||Authenticity and Modernity Party|
|Occupation||Businessman, civil servant, engineer, politician|
Mustapha Bakkoury (Arabic: مصطفى البكوري; born 20 December 1964, Mohammedia, Morocco) is a Moroccan businessman, engineer and politician. He is chairman of the board of the Moroccan Solar Energy Agency and the council president of the Casablanca-Settat region. He was born in Mohammedia, but is a native of Taounate.
Origins and studies
From 1989 to 1991, he was the head of junior projects at BNP Paribas in the department of large international projects. He was also senior project manager at the BNP Intercontinentale in the department of Financial Engineering. By the end of 1991, he was responsible for their financial activities, and then from 1993 to 1995, was responsible for the clientele of large companies within the BMCI, a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. From 1995 to 1998, he was responsible for the development and financing of the activities of the National Society for Municipal Planning (SONADAC), a mixed company, he was responsible for major development projects in the metropolis of Casablanca. From 1998 to 2001, he was in charge of the business banking division at BMCI.
From 2001 to 13 June 2009, he was appointed by the king of Morocco Mohammed VI to be the General Manager of the Caisse de dépôt et de gestion. On 30 December 2009, King Mohammed VI appointed him as chairman of the board of the Moroccan Solar Energy Agency.
Bakkoury's first steps into politics came in 2007 when he joined the Movement of All Democrats founded by Fouad Ali El Himma, which later became the Authenticity and Modernity Party. On 19 February 2012, he was elected Secretary General of the Authenticity and Modernity Party. During the communal and regional elections of 2015, he presented himself in Mohammedia and his party won 8 out of 47 seats.
- President of the Moroccan Federation of Insurance and Reinsurance Companies.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Mohammed V Foundation
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Mohammed VI Foundation for Education.
Notes and references
- It is mentioned in the directory of the French engineers (see www.cnisf.org)
- "Maroc : Qui dirige votre région ?". Challenge Maroc (in French). 14 September 2015.
- "Mais encore avec Mustapha Bakkoury" (in French). 2m.ma. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Mustapha Bakkoury - Président du Directoire de Masen". 2014.
- "UNE NOUVELLE CARTE POLITIQUE APRÈS LE SCRUTIN DU 4 SEPTEMBRE". La Nouvelle Tribune. 4 September 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Mustapha Bakkoury élu président du Conseil de la région Casablanca-Settat". La Nouvelle Tribune. 14 September 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Moncef Belkhayat justifie son vote pour le PAM". Telquel.ma. 15 September 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2017.