|Headquarters||Essex, United Kingdom|
|Owner||Musto family & Peter Byrom|
Musto is a clothing brand based in England. The brand was established in 1965 by Keith Musto, a British Olympic sailor and engineer. Musto sells sailing clothes, equestrian clothing, shooting apparel and lifestyle outdoor clothing.
In 1979 Musto developed the first three layer clothing system for sailors. In 1987 the Duke of Edinburgh presented Keith Musto with the British Design Council Award for his Ocean Clothing. In 1989 Musto became the supplier to the RNLI for its offshore lifeboat crews.
In 2010 the company was granted two Royal Warrants from Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh.
It worked closely with Zara Phillips to launch a jointly designed equestrian clothing range named ZP176.
Musto has sponsored British sailor Ellen MacArthur since 1994. They also sponsor the Vestas Sailrocket and Pete Goss and his crew on Spirit of Mystery. Musto are also the title sponsor of the Musto Performance Skiff. In equestrianism, they sponsor Zara Phillips, William Fox-Pitt, Kristina Cook and Matthew Wright. They also sponsor British sports shooter Charlotte Kerwood.
- Hall, James (4 December 2005). "It's the Musto have brand". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- Musto timeline
- Musto granted Royal warrant[permanent dead link]
- ZP176 Range launch video Archived 2011-10-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Ellen MacArthur Trust and Musto
- Zara Phillips to design own range of Musto clothing Archived 2010-01-04 at the Wayback Machine.
|This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|