|Population||495 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1.2159/km2 (3.149/sq mi)|
|Elevation||480 m (1,575 ft)|
|Area||407.1 km2 (157.2 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|Location||98 km (61 mi) SW of Cairns|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Mareeba|
Mutchilba is on the Atherton Tableland, 98 kilometres (61 mi) south-west of Cairns via the Captain Cook Highway, Kennedy Highway and State Route 27. From further west it can be accessed via the Burke Developmental Road.
A design plan for the town of Mutchilba was prepared in August 1954 and the first town allotments were surveyed in March 1955.
The town was downgraded by the Mareeba Shire Council in 1999 and has been officially a part of Dimbulah, Queensland since then. On 12 October 2012 it was announced that the town is again officially recognised in the Queensland place names database.
Between 2008 and 2013, Mutchilba was within the Tablelands Region.
Mutchilba State School is a government primary (Prep-6) school for boys and girls at 33 Marsterson Street ( In 2017, the school had an enrolment of 24 students with 2 teachers and 4 non-teaching staff (2 full-time equivalent).).
Mango Mardi Gras
Mutchilba is known for the "Mango Mardi Gras", which is a celebration of the many mango farms in the region.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Mutchilba (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Mutchilba - town in Shire of Mareeba (entry 23669)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 30 October 2019.
- "Mutchilba - locality in Shire of Mareeba (entry 48798)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 30 October 2019.
- "Mutchilba - railway station in the Shire of Mareeba (entry 23670)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Wiped off the map, Mutchilba fights back stuff.co.nz, 11 July 2012
- Tony Moore, Mutchilba back on the map, The Age, 13 Oct 2012
- "State and non-state school details". Queensland Government. 9 July 2018. Archived from the original on 21 November 2018. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Mutchilba State School". Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "ACARA School Profile 2017". Archived from the original on 22 November 2018. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
|This Far North Queensland geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|