Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Mute, mute, muté, or mutē in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Muteness is a speech disorder in which a person lacks the ability to speak.
Mute may also refer to:
- Mute (music), a device used to alter the sound of a musical instrument
- MUTE, a peer-to-peer file-sharing network
- The mute function on a television, which disables all audio output
- Muting on social media, preventing another user's posts from appearing in one's feed
- Mute (2005 film), a short film by Melissa Joan Hart
- Mute (2018 film), a science-fiction thriller directed by Duncan Jones
- Mute (album), a 2000 indie rock compilation album from Hush Records
- Muted (album), a 2003 album from hip hop artist Alias
- Mute (magazine), an online magazine of culture and politics
- "Mute" (The Twilight Zone), an episode of The Twilight Zone
- "Mute" (short story), by Stephen King
- Mute (death customs), a professional mourner in Victorian and other European cultures
- Mute (food), a soup from Colombia
- Mute Records, a record label in the United Kingdom
- A silent letter, in phonology
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mute.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.