|Elevation||1,300 m (4,300 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Mutundwe is located on the southwestern edge of the city of Kampala. It is bordered by Lungujja to the north, Lubaga to the northeast, Ndeeba and Kabowa to the east, Wankulukuku to the southeast, Kitebi to the south, Kabojja to the west, and Nateete to the northwest. The coordinates of Nateete are: 0°16'58.0"N 32°32'03.0"E (Latitude:0.282778; Longitude:32.534167). The road distance between Kampala's central business district and Mutundwe is approximately 6.5 kilometres (4.0 mi).
Mutundwe is primarily a middle-class residential neighborhood. During the first decade of the 21st century, educational institutions such as the Mutundwe Campus of Kampala University, have infiltrated the neighborhood. Mutundwe Power Station, a 50MW thermal power plant was dismantled in 2011, but Mutundwe Electricity Sub-Station, where the power plant was located, still exists. This sub-station is a major transit point for power evacuated from the hydropower stations along the Nile River, before it is transmitted to Entebbe, Masaka and Western Uganda. The neighborhood itself sits on the slopes of Mutundwe Hill, which rises to an elevation of 1,300 metres (4,300 ft), above sea level. Mutundwe lies in Lubaga Division, one of the five administrative divisions of the city of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest metropolitan area.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie on Mutundwe Hill:
- Mutundwe Electricity Sub-station - Owned by Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL).
- The Mutundwe Campus of Kampala University
- Serene Suites Resort - A private, gated resort.
- Google, . "Location of Mutundwe At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Central Kampala And Mutundwe With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- Musisi, Frederic (31 March 2014). "Germany Approves Shs73 Billion for New Entebbe Power Line". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- Nabwiiso, Samuel (31 July 2012). "UETCL To Expand Power Grid". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- UTG, . "Profile of Mutundwe Hill". Uganda Travel Guide (UTG). Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "About Serene Suites Resort". Serenesuites.com. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- Missionaries of "The Brothers from Our Lady of Good Counsel" In Mutundwe Bring Hope to Kisenyi’s Poor