Muurame Church, designed by Alvar Aalto
Location of Muurame in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Ari Ranta-aho|
|• Total||144.06 km2 (55.62 sq mi)|
|• Land||144.06 km2 (55.62 sq mi)|
|• Water||49.99 km2 (19.30 sq mi)|
|Area rank||280th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||104th largest in Finland|
|• Density||68.14/km2 (176.5/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||23.4%|
|• 15 to 64||65%|
|• 65 or older||11.6%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
Muurame is a municipality of Finland, located 16 kilometres (10 mi) south-west of Jyväskylä. Muurame itself is located between two lakes, Lake Päijänne and Lake Muuratjärvi. These two lakes are connected to each other via River Muurame. All together there are 37 lakes in Muurame. Biggest lakes beside Päijänne are Muuratjärvi and Lake Kuusjärvi. River Muurame streams through the population center of Muurame. Muurame was founded in 1921.
Church of Muurame is of Alvar Aalto's design.
- Emilia Nyström, Finnish beach volleyball
- Erika Nyström, Finnish beach volleyball
- Jussi Pesonen_(ice hockey), ice hockey player
- Harri Pesonen, ice hockey player
- Mikko Ronkainen, Freestyle skier
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Muurame". Järviwiki. Finland's Environmental Administration. 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Välissuhted" (in Estonian). Alatskivi vald. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Muurame Info" (in Finnish). Municipality of Muurame. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
Media related to Muurame at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Muurame – Official website (Finnish)