|Type of business||Osakeyhtiö|
Type of site
|Social network service, marketing gateway service|
|Area served||Worldwide, Muslim world|
|Key people||Mohamed El-Fatatry (CEO)
Tariq Khan (President)
Stephen Lee (COO)
Tuomas Tahvanainen (CFO)
|Website||muxlim.com (redirected link), Muxlim Advisory (dead link)|
|Alexa rank||120,163 (As of February 2012[update])|
|Advertising||Banner ads, referral marketing|
|Current status||Shut Down|
Muxlim was primarily known as a social networking website for Muslims that was focused on lifestyle aspects of the community. Founded in 2006 by Mohamed El-Fatatry and Pietari Päivänen of Finland, the company was created as a Muslim lifestyle social media network with primary focus on Muslims in Muslim-minority countries.
When the social network did not develop as planned, the company shifted its focus to provide marketing gateway services to the global Muslim consumer market, utilizing Muxlim.com as a launch pad for marketing messages by global companies.
In February 2012, Muxlim effectively shut down its social network services, as well as its Muxlim advisory services. This came after years of monetary losses. It is reported from the company's most recent financial reports that Muxlim's income was approximately 46,000 Euros while employer costs alone amounted to 300,000 Euros, with a total net loss for the year amounting to 865,000 Euros. In 2009 there was a recorded loss of 700,000 Euros. This came after an influx of investments jump-starting the company, in 2007 receiving USD $2 million from Rite Internet Ventures, and was soon looking for more investments
The Muxlim domain, as well as other services provided by the company such as IslamicTorrents.net, redirect to a promotional landing page for the founder's authorised biography. There has yet to be an official announcement regarding the fate of Muxlim.
- Finpro: 2009 yritysesittelyt (in Finnish)
- Muxlim.com - Traffic Details from Alexa, Alexa Internet, Inc, retrieved 2012-02-02
- "Muslim social media website claims 1m users per month". Digitalmediaasia.com. Archived from the original on May 26, 2008. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- Cord, David J. (2012). Mohamed 2.0. Helsingfors: Schildts & Söderströms. pp. 162–164. ISBN 978-951-52-2898-7.
- Finpro: Tasavallan presidentin kansainvälistymispalkinnot 2009 Teklalle, REACHLaw’lle ja Muxlim-yhteisölle (in Finnish)
- Palkittu ja hehkutettu Muxlim-sivusto pimeni (in Finnish)
- Lamppu, Eva (24 March 2009). "Tapping a Muslim Online Community". OnIslam. Retrieved 7 February 2012.