21 October 1944 |
Lucknow, British India
|Title||Padma Shri (2005)|
|Spouse(s)||Subhashini Ali (Divorced)
Rajah Muzaffar Ali (Urdu: مظفر علی, Hindi: मुज़फ्फर अली, born 21 October 1944, Lucknow) is an Indian filmmaker, a fashion designer, a poet, an artist, a music-lover, a revivalist, and a social worker. He belongs to a royal Muslim family of Kotwara. He is not to be confused with the famous 16th century Persian artist of the Persian miniature.
Muzaffar Ali attended the La Martiniere college in Lucknow. His father was the Raja of Kotwara, an estate in Gola Gokaran Nath Sub division of the Lakhimpur Kheri district in Uttar Pradesh and his mother was from the noble family of Sheikhupur, Badaun. Muzaffar Ali had a successful career as a film maker. His Vinod Khanna-Dimple Kapadia starrer Zooni is still unreleased.
He is married to Mira. He was earlier married to Subhashini Ali and the two divorced later. His son, movie director Shaad Ali, was born out of this marriage. His first wife is Geeti Sen, a distinguished art historian and Editor of ITC Quarterly, for over three decades. They have a son Murad Ali.
- 2015 - Jaanisaar as Meer Mohsin Ali
- 1982 - Aagaman
- 1981 - Umrao Jaan (also producer)
- 1978 - Gaman (also producer)
- "Muzaffar Ali deplores MNS stand against North Indians, Bachchan". The Hindu. The Hindu Group. 2008-02-04. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- The Old Martinians' website; Colvin Taluqdars' College is the chief source for the alumni section.
- "Bollywood has lost the plot: Muzaffar Ali". The Times of India. The Times Group. 2009-09-17. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "Zooni, the great film that never got finished". searchkashmir. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Guftagoo with Muzaffar Ali Rajya Sabha TV". youtube. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Muzaffar Ali in Lucknow". The Times of India. The Times Group. 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
|This biographical article related to film in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|