Muzaffarpur Junction railway station
|Regional rail and light rail station|
The main entrance of the station
Muzaffarpur, Muzaffarpur district, Bihar|
|Elevation||57 metres (187 ft)|
|Owned by||East Central Railway zone|
|Operated by||Indian Railway|
Barauni–Gorakhpur, Raxaul and Jainagar lines|
Muzaffarpur- Gorakhpur line (via Hajipur, Raxaul and Sitamarhi)
Muzaffarpur-Gorakhpur main line
|Connections||City bus, auto rickshaw, ferry, taxi|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway zone|
|Electrified||201025 kV AC 50 Hz,|
|Previous names||East Indian Railway|
|Passengers||21,075 per day|
Muzaffarpur Junction railway station, station code MFP, is an A1 category railway station in the Sonpur division of East Central Railway. Muzaffarpur Junction is located in Muzaffarpur city, the headquarters of Muzaffarpur district in the Indian state of Bihar.
In February 2012, the Indian Railways had planned to set up a Railway Station Development Corporation (RSDC) that would work on improving the major railway stations, including Muzaffarpur Junction, by building and improving passenger amenities. Under the development scheme, major development works are going on Muzaffarpur Junction. Separate air conditioned waiting lounge, free WiFi facility, IRCTC food court and many facilities are going to be available on Muzaffarpur Junction at the end of 2018. To enhance the security of this station, a metal detector and baggage handling system will be installed soon.
The platforms are interconnected with two foot over bridges (FOB). Platforms no. 5 and 6 are mainly for Hajipur, Sitamarhi, Motihari bound passenger trains and some low priority trains in the direction. Platforms no. 1, 2, 3, and 4 cater to most of the trains passing through the junction; platforms no. 1, 2, 3 and 4 are the most important.There is a plan to built Two more platforms.
Sonpur is the divisional headquarters, and all the trains passing through this route have stoppages here. Several electrified local passenger trains and express trains run from Muzaffarpur to neighbouring destinations. The following is a list of all the trains passing from Muzaffarpur Junction (as of 10 May 2012). The Muzaffarpur Junction is well connected to most of the major cities in India by the railway network and serves the city with numerous number of trains such as Sapt Kranti Express, Garib Rath Express etc. ISO 9001:2008 certified train Vaishali Express crosses the station daily in both directions and ISO 9001:2008 certified train Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani Express crosses the junction. Champaran Humsafar Express from Katihar to Delhi is running twice a week from 10th of April 2018 .
- "सपना साकार, अब फर्राटे भरेगी विद्युत ट्रेन". Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Official Website of Sonpur Division of East Central Railway". Government of India. Archived from the original on 6 May 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "Railways to set up body to develop stations". The Times of India. 11 February 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Work on doubling Sonepur-Chapra rail track begins". The Times of India. 11 June 2002. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "गुड न्यूज! कटिहार से दिल्ली तक वाया सहरसा चलेगी ये ट्रेन, ...जानिए". Live Bihar News | लाइव बिहार न्यूज़ (in Hindi). 2018-03-24. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
Muzaffarpur travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Muzaffarpur Junction railway station.|
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|East Central Railway zone|
|Terminus||East Central Railway zone|
|Terminus||East Central Railway zone|