MyKey is a motor vehicle security system designed by the Ford Motor Company that allows the controlled use of a car with a configurable key. The technology is targeted at parents who wish to share their car with adolescent or young adult drivers or rental companies who wish to prevent abuse to their fleet. Keys may be configured with a variety of settings. MyKey was a standard feature on all 2010 models. (excluding XL F-Series)
- Speed Control gives the owner the ability to limit the top speed to 80 mph.
- Volume Control allows the owner to adjust the volume of the radio remotely.
- Beltminder reminds the driver to buckle their seat belt by muting the vehicle's radio and chiming for six seconds every minute for five minutes.
- Additional features: An earlier fuel reminder and a speed reminder chime at 45, 55 or 65 mph.
- Feature: Ford’s new "MyKey" Archived October 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about an automotive part or component is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|