PAL cover art
|Developer(s)||EA Redwood Shores|
|Genre(s)||Mystery adventure game|
MySims Agents is a mystery-solving adventure game for the Nintendo DS and Wii, in which the player must guide agents in an effort to stop the sinister plans of Morcubus, lord of the criminal underworld. This addition to the MySims franchise was released on September 29, 2009.
In MySims Agents players take on the role of a special agent hired to foil the sinister plans of Morcubus, lord of the criminal underworld. By recruiting different MySims, each with their own special characteristics, players can build up their very own crime-busting dream team. From tracking footprints and using forensics to picking locks, hacking into computers, following leads and collecting clues, players must rely on their wits, skills and trusty gadgets to piece together the clues to solve the mystery. Jump aboard the jet to reach an ancient temple, a spooky mansion or an icy mountaintop chalet in search of clues that lead players closer to the sinister Morcubus. Return from the adventure with cool treasures that players can use to construct and customize their headquarters and make it their own.
Explore the world—explore your city and beyond, from a ski chalet on the top of an icy mountain to an ancient temple in the depths of the jungle
- Solve the mysteries—use your wits, skills and trusty collection of gadgets to solve puzzling mysteries. Follow leads wherever they take you, whether it requires jumping, climbing, balancing, picking locks, or hacking into computers. All your sleuthing abiliites are brought into play, from interrogation to forensics, from following footprints to fixing machines.
- Build your own team of agents—recruit MySims you meet along the way to come back to your headquarters and join your team. Send them out on missions to gather information and unlock rewards for you.
- Construct and customize—deck out your headquarters with treasures from your adventures, customize it to look the way you want and equip it to maximize the skills of your team!
Your center of operations, contains a basement, patio, lobby, loft, & hanger. (All floors except the lobby can be assigned to a maximum of three agents each.)
Contains the park, the park forest, City Hall, Chef Gino's Pizzeria, Shirley's Hair Salon, Patrick's Construction Site, Town Square, and Evelyn's Apartment. You are able to use a series of heating vents and telephone wires to get to the top of Shirley's Hair Salon, Evelyn's apartment and to apartments between. You access the top of Gino's Pizzeria via a ladder and the City Hall via a series of ledges and awnings.
A Ski Lodge owned by Professor Nova that apparently is home to a yeti. Contains Lodge, a Picnic area, Skiing areas, Cabins and Secret mines.
The City's heavy Industrial district, home to The Junkyard, DJ Candy's Club, & Dr. F's Lab. Also contains sewer paths and a destinite (a fictional gem with few uses) mining area.
Cyrus Bordreaux's Mansion
1800s style Southern Mansion with a zombie butler, a foyer, kitchen, dining room, a large library, and a room home to the world's only sample of a mysterious crystal (called fortunite), a series of paths above the foyer, and a mysterious passageway.
Your Town's Beachfront, home to Luke's Surf Shop, The M.U.B.A. Stand (Morcucorp + Scuba), Justice's tattoo shop, Chef Watanabe's sushi stand, Goth Boy's "Turkey-on-a-Fork" stand, and the parking lot where Chaz's stunt is held. Also includes, Secret Morcucorp Submarine holder, the tide pools where Mr. Sucker's lives, and a sunken ship!
A Mysterious jungle home to ruins of an ancient Civilization's Temple Complex. With a fire room, temple grotto, wind room, and key room. When not in the temple there is the Gia Tree, Sun and Moon shrines, a lounge-like area outside of the temple (Where you meet Morcubus), and a hillside with a pure water pump. This is where the final showdown with Morcubus takes place.
The Wii version received mostly positive reviews among critics, while the DS version was more mixed. GameSpot gave the Wii version 7.5, commenting on the game's new adventure style and its good storyline, but felt the game was too easy and short. IGN gave the Wii version 7.8, praising the game's gameplay and plot. However they gave the DS version 4.9 commenting positively on the games graphics, even though it lacked the appeal of the Wii version.
- "Buy MySims Agents online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!". Play.com. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "Consoles & Games for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS & PSP with FREE UK delivery!". GAME. 2011-10-28. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "MySims Agents : Wii and DS - MySims - EA Games". Mysimsagents.ea.com. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "''MySims Agents'' press release". Gamesindustry.biz. 2009-04-22. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- September 30, 2009 6:37PM PDT (2009-09-25). "MySims Agents Review - GameSpot.com". Uk.gamespot.com. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "MySims Agents Review - IGN". Uk.wii.ign.com. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "MySims Agents Review - IGN". Uk.ds.ign.com. Retrieved 2013-04-16.