|Industry||Retail, Ecommerce, FMCG, Supermarkets|
|Services||Price Comparison, Online Shopping, Market Research|
mySupermarket is an independent shopping and comparison shopping website for groceries in the United Kingdom. It retrieves price information from multiple online retailers so that customers can compare their prices.
In November 2014 "Insights" was launched, a real-time dashboard to track product sales and market share across UK supermarkets. The tool allowed marketers to track performance and make changes daily to their campaigns rather than waiting for post-season analysis.
In June 2015, the company launched mySupermarket SHOPS, an online shop offering wares from more than 100 local and independent UK retailers.
mySupermarket Limited is a private company, owned by a group of investors and mySupermarket employees. In May 2007, mySupermarket.co.uk received a £3 million investment from venture capitalist firms, Greylock Partners and Pitango. These funds were earmarked for structured marketing of the site to increase its regular users. In April 2012, mySupermarket.co.uk received an investment of $10 million from British advertising and public relations company WPP and existing investors.
The site analyses the products in a shopper's trolley and suggests swapping some of the items for cheaper substitutes or alternate sizes that offer better value. In addition, it compares the entire price of the trolley between stores and allows the user to switch to another store at any time before transferring their trolley to their chosen supermarket. mySupermarket has multiple stores on the site with pricing taken directly from retailers' websites.
The Guardian described the site in 2006 as "pretty time consuming" to set up. In 2007 DMG Media's This Is Money described it as having "a very straightforward design and intuitive process". In 2013 Good Housekeeping magazine described the site as easy to use, with better savings achieved when spending over $75.00 to avoid shipping charges.
- David, E.; Robu, V.; Shehory, O.; Stein, S.; Symeonidis, A. (2013). Agent-Mediated Electronic Commerce. Designing Trading Strategies and Mechanisms for Electronic Markets. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. p. 58. ISBN 978-3-642-34889-1. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Easterby-Smith, M.; Thorpe, R.; Jackson, P.R. (2015). Management and Business Research. SAGE Publications. p. 147. ISBN 978-1-4739-2764-3. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Jill Papworth (21 October 2006) "Cheaper shopping? Now it's in the bag", The Guardian. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Comparison Site mySupermarket Launches U.S. Megastore. TechCrunch.com (10 June 2013). Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Four supermarket apps that mean you always get the best deals". AOL.co.uk. 21 November 2016. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "MySupermarket offers new mySuperList mobile app". TheGrocer.co.uk. Retrieved 3 March 2016. (Subscription required (help)).
- "Suppliers and retailers sign up for mySupermarket insight tool". TheGrocer.co.uk. Retrieved 10 November 2015. (Subscription required (help)).
- "MySupermarket unveils new online marketplace featuring independent grocers". Talking Retail. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- Greylock Partners – News. Greylock.com. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Gaelle Walker, New funds to drive growth of price comparison website, The Grocer, 19 May 2007
- Lunden, Ingrid. "WPP Makes Big Leap into E-Commerce, Leads On $10 Million mySupermarket Investment". TechCrunch. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Ed Monk (20 July 2007) "Cheaper home-delivery shopping", This is Money.co.uk. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Nathan Rao (9 May 2014). "See the cost of your shop drop: mySupermarket is changing the face of shopping". Daily Express. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Sharon Franke (21 June 2013) "A New Website Can Save You Money on Groceries", Good Housekeeping. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Daily Mail
- 6ABC Action News MySupermarket website offers one-stop shopping
- 6ABC Action News MySupermarket helps you find the best prices
- Tech Crunch