||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Retail, Ecommerce, FMCG, Supermarkets|
|Services||Price Comparison, Online Shopping, Market Research|
mySupermarket is an independent shopping and comparison website for groceries in the United Kingdom. It enables users to compare prices across 14 stores.
The site analyses the products in a shopper's trolley and suggests swapping some of the items for cheaper substitutes or alternate sizes that offer better value. In addition, it compares the entire price of the trolley between stores and allows the user to switch to another store at any time before transferring their trolley to their chosen supermarket. mySupermarket has 14 stores on the site with pricing taken directly from retailers’ websites. It is claimed a weekly shopping bill in the UK can be reduced on average by 20-25%.
It is the third UK online grocery retailer in terms of online traffic – just after Tesco and ASDA. More than 200,000 families regularly use mySupermarket, with around five million people visiting the site each month. Research conducted by the company has shown 49.5% of visitors to the site will go onto purchase in-store within 48 hours.
mySupermarket's more recently launched SHOPS provides an online marketplace for over 100 independent UK merchants. SHOPS stocks food, health and beauty items and gifts and products are searchable by category.
In November 2011 it launched a Health and Beauty website with price comparison services for health, beauty and skincare products.
In November 2014 Insights was launched, a real-time dashboard to track product sales and market share across UK supermarkets. The tool allowed marketers to track performance and make changes daily to their campaigns rather than waiting for post-season analysis.
In June 2015, the company launched mySupermarket SHOPS, an online shop offering wares from more than 100 local and independent UK retailers.
mySupermarket Limited is a private company, owned by a group of investors and mySupermarket employees. In May 2007, mySupermarket.co.uk received a £3 million investment from venture capitalist firms, Greylock Partners and Pitango. These funds were earmarked for structured marketing of the site to increase its regular users. In April 2012, mySupermarket.co.uk received an investment of $10 million from WPP and existing investors.
The site was initially described (in 2006) as "pretty time consuming" to set up, though by 2007 This Is Money described it as having "a very straightforward design and intuitive process". By 2013 Good Housekeeping magazine described the site as easy to use, with better savings achieved when spending over $75.00 to avoid shipping charges.
- Ed Monk (20 July 2007) "Cheaper home-delivery shopping", This is Money.co.uk. Retrieved on 2011-10-01.
- Nathan Rao (9 May 2014). "See the cost of your shop drop: mySupermarket is changing the face of shopping". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- Sharon Franke (21 June 2013) "A New Website Can Save You Money on Groceries", Good Housekeeping. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- "Half of shoppers search online but shop in store". The Grocer. 14 February 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-10. (subscription required (. ))
- "Harriet Arkell Savvy Shopper: Now even local delis do online shopping". Mail Online. 6 June 2015. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- Jill Papworth (21 October 2006) "Cheaper shopping? Now it's in the bag", theGuardian.com. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- Comparison Site mySupermarket Launches U.S. Megastore. TechCrunch.com (2013-06-10). Retrieved on 2013-06-15.
- "MySupermarket offers new mySuperList mobile app". TheGrocer.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-03-03. (subscription required (. ))
- "Suppliers and retailers sign up for mySupermarket insight tool". TheGrocer.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-10. (subscription required (. ))
- "MySupermarket unveils new online marketplace featuring independent grocers". Talking Retail. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- Greylock Partners – News. Greylock.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-01.
- Gaelle Walker, New funds to drive growth of price comparison website, The Grocer, 2007-05-19
- Lunden, Ingrid. "WPP Makes Big Leap Into E-Commerce, Leads On $10 Million mySupermarket Investment". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2015-11-10.