MyTown (video game)
||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (November 2010)|
MyTown is a mobile game for the iPhone and iPad. It was made by Booyah, a company who received a $4.5 Million First Round Funding from the iFund of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. It also raised an additional $20 million funding from Accel Partners. The company expects 6 million users by the end of 2010. As of 2011, a sequel, called MyTown 2, has been released.
MyTown is based on a major, real time social networking application. It is based on the sales and buying out of real properties, whilst browsing for famous restaurants hotels and famous buildings.
Played by over 1 million people, MyTown is the most popular location-based social game for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
The entire development team draws its creativity not only from other game studios, including Blizzard Entertainment, Activision, Electronic Arts and Insomniac Games, but also from other industries, such as the semi-conductor, consumer web, and social gaming space. Booyah is financed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers iFund.
148Apps gave MyTown a four out five star rating (Soul Sucking).
- Booyah released version 3.0 of MyTown on the iPhone.
- Version 3.1 consisted of 10 new levels and many new items.
- Version 4.0 contained another 10 levels, new items, a revamped UI and Item Creation. 4.0 also had a new logo.
- Version 4.1.1 contained 10 more levels, a revamped check-in screen and more new items. This update was another to receive a new logo.
- Version 4.2 contained 5 new levels and new items to create and collect. 4.2 also received a new logo.
- Version 4.3 contained new levels and items.
- "Booyah Iphone Game Startup Gets 45m in Funding". Gigaom. 2009-04-30. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "Booyah Raises 20 Million From Accel - Expects 6 Million Users By the End of This Summer". Techcrunch. 2010-05-16. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "MyTown on Youtube". Youtube. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "My Town Reviews". 148 Apps. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
|This simulation video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This mobile software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|