My Baby Loves Lovin'
|"My Baby Loves Lovin'"|
|Single by White Plains|
|B-side||"Show Me Your Hand"|
|Released||9 January 1970|
|Recorded||26 October 1969|
|Songwriter(s)||Roger Cook |
|Producer(s)||Roger Cook |
|White Plains singles chronology|
"My Baby Loves Lovin'" was the top selling single for the British pop group White Plains. The song was written by Roger Cook and Roger Greenaway, recorded on 26 October 1969, and released on 9 January 1970 on the Decca Records imprint, Deram Records.
- A. "My Baby Loves Lovin'"
- B. "Show Me Your Hand"
Use in other media
- The song features in the bus scene opening the film The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994).
Charting concurrently with the White Plains version was a rendition by the Joe Jeffrey Group. This version reached number 115 on the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart. It also reached number 23 in Australia. An early version had also been recorded by The Pipkins and was included on their LP Gimme Dat Ding, released late in 1970.
- Steffen Hung. "Forum - 1970 (ARIA Charts: Special Occasion Charts)". Australian-charts.com. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – My Baby Loves Lovin'". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- "flavour of new zealand - search listener". Flavourofnz.co.nz. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "SA Charts 1965–March 1989". Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". collectionscanada.gc.ca.
- "Top 100 Hits of 1970/Top 100 Songs of 1970". Musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Joel Whitburn's Bubbling Under the Billboard Hot 100 1959-2004
- Go-Set National Top 40, 27 June 1970