My Boyfriend Is Type B
|My Boyfriend is Type B|
|Directed by||Choi Suk-won|
|Produced by||Kim Doo-chan
|Written by||Choi Suk-won
|Music by||Kim Yeong-gwan|
|Edited by||Park Gok-ji|
|Distributed by||Lotte Entertainment|
My Boyfriend is Type B (Hangul: B형 남자친구; RR: B-hyeong namja chingu) is a 2005 South Korean romantic comedy film. The basic premise of the film comes from the blood type personality theory, which claims that a person's blood type can determine their personality traits. The heroine is type A (conservative and introverted) while her love interest is type B (passionate and irresponsible).
Lee Dong-gun portrays title character Young-bin, a handsome but obnoxious young man who begins the film by breaking off a relationship in a most impolite way: after waiting in a parked car so Young-bin won't get a ticket, the girlfriend reads him the riot act upon his return, prompting Young-bin to slip into the driver's seat, break up with her, and speed off, leaving his new ex-girlfriend stranded in the parking lot. From the get-go, Young-bin is not exactly a class act.
On the opposite side of the spectrum is the beautiful Ha-mi (Han Ji-hye), a meek university student looking for true love, but never seeming to find it. As is typical in this kind of film, the two meet purely by chance: Ha-mi accidentally text messages Young-bin before literally bumping into him. Ha-mi, feeling that their fortuitous meeting is a sign that they might be destined for one another, decides to pal around with Young-bin and see if there's any chemistry between them. Taken by Ha-mi's sincerity and her willingness to pick up the check, Young-bin jumps at the opportunity.
But Ha-mi's cousin, Chae-young (Shin Yi) isn't quite so enraptured with Young-bin and tries to dissuade Ha-mi from pursuing him. The thing is, Chae-young is a professional dating consultant and a strong subscriber to blood type personality theory. According to her, any relationship between the mismatched duo would be doomed to failure because Young-bin is a type-B male, which supposedly makes him arrogant, hardheaded, and generally a jerk, whereas Ha-mi is a type-A female, one who supposedly can't help being timid and obedient. But while Chae-young predicts impending doom, the happy couple try to give love a shot, ignoring their supposed blood type incompatibility.
- Lee Dong-gun as Young-bin, a callous type B young man, who is secretly experiencing financial trouble.
- Han Ji-hye as Ha-mi, a mild-mannered type A college student who is searching for true love.
- Shin Yi as Chae-young, Han-i's cousin and professional dating consultant. She warns Ha-mi against dating a type B man.
- "B-hyeong namja chingu (My B-Type Boyfriend)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- McMillin, Calvin. "My Boyfriend Is Type B (Korea 2005)". Love HK Film. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- Kim, Tae-jong (6 February 2005). "Movies Worth Checking Out in Theaters This Week". The Korea Times via Hancinema. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- My Boyfriend Is Type B at the Korean Movie Database
- My Boyfriend Is Type B on Internet Movie Database
- My Boyfriend Is Type B at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|