My Brother's Mother
|My Brother's Mother|
|Labels||5 Minute Walk|
|Associated acts||The Prayer Chain
My Brother's Mother was a Christian band from Southern California. Their only album, Deeper Than Skies, was released in 1995 on Five Minute Walk, and was the first release by that label. The band was formed by Jamie Eichler of the Violet Burning, Dean Tapia, Andrew Prickett of The Prayer Chain, and husband Brian Eichler.
For a time the band was a worship band for Vineyard Church, and this was reflected in their music in many ways. Their music was said to have an "acoustic slant" and a strong emotional pull, helped along by female vocalist Jamie Eichler. Overall their sound was similar to that of Over the Rhine or Innocence Mission.
- 1995: Deeper Than Skies
- Andrew Prickett - guitar
- Chris Lizotte - vocals, guitar
- Dean Tapia - bass, fretless bass
- Jamie Eichler - vocals
- Brian Eichler - drums
- Powell, Mark Allan (2002). "My Brother's Mother". Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music (First printing ed.). Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendrickson Publishers. p. 618. ISBN 1-56563-679-1.
- Brown, Bruce A. (March 1995). "On The Beat: Rock / Alternative". CCM Magazine 17 (9): 22. ISSN 1524-7848.
- Patrick, S.B. (1995). "Reviews / Deeper Than Skies". True Tunes News 7 (2/3): 13.