Anthem Sports & Entertainment
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||171 East Liberty Street Ste. 230
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Live event promotion
|Owner||Sygnus Corp. (72.95%)
Fight Holdings Inc. (25.62%)
|Website||Anthem Sports & Entertainment|
Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corporation is a broadcasting and production company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, owned by Sygnus Corporation and Fight Holdings Inc. It is a global media platform that owns and operates niche specialty TV channels and related digital media assets that cater to a male demographic. All content is available on linear, digital and mobile platforms. Anthem also has offices and studios in New York City, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Sygnus is completely owned by Leonard Asper, former President and CEO of Canwest, who serves as Anthem's president and CEO. Fight Holdings Inc. is controlled by Edwin Nordholm, who serves as Anthem's executive Vice President, and Loudon Owen.
Anthem Media Group
Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp
Anthem Media Group Inc. was renamed to Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. in May 2015.
In October 2016, Anthem invested in professional wrestling company Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Anthem was loaning TNA Wrestling money during 2016, and was its Canadian media partner. On January 4, 2017, Anthem announced the acquisition of a majority interest in the wrestling company with former majority owner Dixie Carter become a minority owner. Anthem Sports set up a division, Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, to oversee TNA and Fight Network. Nordholm was appointed president of the division, while Carter was added to the Advisory Board of Fight Media. In June 2017, Anthem purchased the Nashville-based Global Force Wrestling (GFW), which had been owned by TNA co-founder Jeff Jarrett, who had already rejoined the company as chief creative officer. The combined company kept the GFW name.
Anthem has also partnered with an American-based global supplier of extreme and action sports content to launch Edge Sport in Canada and other territories.
- Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC
- Fight Media, Inc.
- Fight Network, a combat sports television channel
- 2380392 Ontario Inc.
- 2380393 Ontario Inc. (80.5%)
- Edge Sport, an online extreme sports channel
- 2380393 Ontario Inc. (80.5%)
- Fantasy Sports Media Group Inc.
- Pursuit Channel, a US-based television channel devoted to hunting and fishing
Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. owns several digital media assets including:
- RotoExperts: a leading provider of fantasy sports related content
- SportsGrid: a U.S.-based general sports commentary website
- DailyRoto; comprehensive daily fantasy sports website
- Total Access Impact Wrestling: a subscription-based on-demand service featuring content from the GFW wrestling brand Impact
- Global Wrestling Network (GWN): an upcoming subscription-based multi-platform professional wrestling video streaming service
- My Combat Channel, an online combat sports channel
- "Anthem Digital Specialty Services" (PDF). crtc.gc.ca. Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission. January 6, 2017. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- "Leonard Asper Joins The Fight Network as CEO - Fight Network".
- "Pursuit Channel Welcomes Anthem Media Group - OutdoorHub".
- Anthem Media Group Acquires U.S.-Based My Combat Channel Archived 2014-03-28 at the Wayback Machine. Fight Network 2013-08-22
- "Anthem Media Group Acquires RotoExperts And SportsGrid". 1 August 2013.
- "Press Release: Fantasy Sports Network to Launch on MTS Ultimate TV on March 4, 2014 - RotoExperts". 29 January 2014.
- "Anthem Media Acquires LuDawgs.com, A Sprawling Daily Fantasy Community". 14 January 2015.
- "Anthem Media Announces Launch Of DailyRoto.com".
- Rau, Nate (June 30, 2017). "TNA wrestling rebrands as GFW, eyes global expansion". The Tennessean. Nashville. Retrieved July 19, 2017.
- Morgan, Richard (January 5, 2017). "TNA wrestling sells majority stake to Anthem Sports". New York Post. Retrieved August 10, 2017.