My Ex and Whys
|My Ex and Whys|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Cathy Garcia-Molina|
|Produced by||Charo Santos-Concio|
|Music by||Jessie Lasaten|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|120 minutes|
|Box office||₱410 million|
My Ex and Whys is a 2017 Philippine romantic comedy drama film co-written and directed by Cathy Garcia-Molina. Starring Enrique Gil & Liza Soberano as Third Blockbuster Loveteam, the story is about a womanizer named Gio (Gil), who tries to prove he's a changed man to his ex-girlfriend, a blogger named Cali (Soberano). Cali, on the other hand, tests if Gio really has changed, and things didn't go as planned. The film was released on February 15, 2017 to commercial and critical success, grossing over ₱400 million worldwide. My Ex And Whys is the highest-grossing film to be starred by Soberano and Gil to date.
- Joey Marquez as Master Pops Martinez
- Cai Cortez as Candelaria "Tita Candy"
- Emilio Garcia as Calixto Ferrer, Cali's Father
- Arlene Muhlach as Cali's Aunt "Tita Libby"
- Ara Mina as Cali's Mother "Mommy Dolly"
- Ryan Bang as Lee
- Joross Gamboa as Mustang Martinez
- Jeff Tam as Daryl
- Karen Reyes as Nina
- Neil Coleta as Patrick
- Dominic Roque as Jaguar Martinez
- Hyubs Azarcon as Kia
- Xander Gallego as Ford Martinez
- Kim Si-won as Kim Yu-Ri (Lee's fiance)
- Kim Da-yul as Ha-Na (Yu-Ri's best friend)
- Kimi Bo-ram as Shannon (Ha-Na's sister)
TFC released My Ex and Whys internationally around the same time said film was released in the Philippines. In North America, the film earned $434,000 on its first 3 days. Then, on its fourth day, it was estimated to have earned $630,000. On its 3rd weekend (ending March 5, 2017), the film earned an additional $110,000, summing up its 3-week North America gross to $1,300,000 
On February 26, My Ex and Whys registers total earnings of $5 million worldwide. This is composed of $4 million opening week gross in the Philippines and $1 million opening week gross from screenings in the Middle East, Europe, U.S. and Canada.
The film’s commercial run has been extended in the U.S., Middle East, Canada and Southeast Asia.
My Ex and Whys earned ₱31.5 million on its opening day, and the figure increased to ₱100 million in three days. Another milestone was made as the film crossed over the ₱200 million mark in 8 days. After 17 days, the movie earned ₱341 million worldwide. In August 11, 2017, ABS-CBN released its first-half annual report where it announced that My Ex and Whys brought in over ₱400M million in ticket sales in its entire run in the cinemas.
Mari-an Santos of Philippine Entertainment Portal praised the two lead actors, stating that "the two have undeniable chemistry and play off each other well, whether it is in intense scenes or very casual time-wasters."  Oggs Cruz from Rappler commented that Soberano "is able to charm her way out of her character’s inexplicable immaturity. Gil, on the other hand, plays the suffering ex-boyfriend with ample enthusiasm. If My Ex and Whys is meant to be a simple showcase of a love team’s power to arouse fantasy and make-believe, then it seems like it is all worth it."  Philbert Dy through The Neighborhood complained that "the movie just takes it in a really bizarre, toxic direction. It essentially has its female protagonist go to borderline illegal lengths in order to prove herself right, the movie apparently unable to conceive of a way to display the pain that she went through without resorting to ludicrous antics. After that, it’s hard to buy into why this relationship needs to happen. The film, like so many of these romcoms, just takes the pairing for granted."
- "ABS-CBN posts P1.2-B net income in first half". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
Star Cinema generated over P1.2 billion in revenues during the first half, including P400 million in ticket sales from “My Ex and Whys”,
- "New LizQuen Movie to be Released in February 2017". Push ABS-CBN.
- Everything you need to know about the new LizQuen movie!. ABS-CBN Star Cinema. September 22, 2016.
- "The Weekend Report". moviecitynews. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- "The Weekend Report (4-Day Estimates)". moviecitynews. Retrieved February 20, 2017.
- "The Weekend Report". moviecitynews. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- "'My Ex and Whys' earns $5 million worldwide". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- "Filipino Film My Ex And Whys Hits $5M In Simultaneous Worldwide Release". ABS-CBN PR. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- "LizQuen's "My Ex and Whys" hits ₱31.5 million on its opening day". "LionheartTV". February 16, 2017. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- "'My Ex and Whys' earns P100M after just three days". "ABS-CBN News". February 18, 2017. Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- "My Ex and Whys' makes ₱200 million". "ABS-CBN News". February 24, 2017. Retrieved February 24, 2017.
- "'My Ex and Whys' snags P341 in box-office sales worldwide". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- "REVIEW: Liza-Enrique movie My Ex and Whys remains entertaining despite cliches". PEP.ph. February 16, 2017. Retrieved April 15, 2017.
- "'My Ex and Whys' Review: Stereotypical love". Rappler. February 18, 2017. Retrieved April 15, 2017.
- "'My Ex and Whys' Takes a Toxic Turn and Never Recovers". The Neighborhood. February 17, 2017. Retrieved April 15, 2017.