My Fair Lady (2009 TV series)
|My Fair Lady|
Promotional poster for My Fair Lady
|Also known as||Take Care of the Young Lady
Take Care of Agasshi
|Written by||Kim Eun-hee
|Directed by||Ji Young-soo|
|Opening theme||"Hot Stuff" by Davichi|
|Ending theme||"Hot Stuff" by Davichi|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Executive producer(s)||Han Joon-seo|
|Camera setup||Multi-camera setup|
|Running time||60 minutes
Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:55 (KST)
|Production company(s)||Lee Kim Productions|
|Original channel||Korean Broadcasting System|
|Original release||19 August 2009– 8 October 2009|
|Revised Romanization||Akassireul Butakhae|
My Fair Lady (Hangul: 아가씨를 부탁해; lit. "Take Care of the Young Lady" or "Take Care of Agasshi") is a 2009 South Korean television series, starring Yoon Eun-hye, Yoon Sang-hyun, Jung Il-woo and Moon Chae-won. It aired on KBS2 from August 19 to October 8, 2009 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes.
Kang Hye-na, the only successor of Kang-san Group, is the owner of the ‘Lady Castle’ and lives a ‘princess-like’ life with her servants. Hye-na’s parents died from a plane accident and her grandfather brought her up. Hye-na is strong-headed and selfish, whose world revolves around her because she could not experience the warmth of a family whilst growing up. One day, she comes across Dong-chan when she is carelessly driving and knocks into Dong-chan's truck in which he is shipping flowers. She knocks out a bunch of flowers from his truck so Dong-chan goes to complain. She refuses to apologise but just gives him money. She drives away although Dong-chan isn't satisfied. He chases after her and eventually cuts her of at the end of a road. Kang Hye-na ignores this and just drives straight into his truck. As a consequence of this he makes Hye-na do community service, kidnaps her, and appears in front of her as the new household manager. Hye-na makes every effort to throw him out from the Castle, but Dong-chan refuses to budge.
- Yoon Eun-hye as Kang Hye-na
- She is the owner of Lady Castle, and lost her parents in a plane crash. Even then, she lived a princess-like life with her servants but she had a lonely upbringing, living under the care of her stern grandfather. This resulted to her overtly indifferent and oblivious-to-others character. She has grown-up into a self-centered woman that every time she opens her mouth, she would blurt out blunt remarks no matter who the person is. She's skilled in horse riding, fencing, and clay shooting; the only reason is to either humiliate men unworthy of her, or to add awkwardness to conversations. One day, she came across Seo Dong-chan, a gigolo who turns her life upside down. She feels uneasy over the fact that she may have finally met her match.
- Yoon Sang-hyun as Seo Dong-chan
- A former gigolo who gave up his schooling in the university and his first love just to make money for the operation of his mother who has leukemia. Dong-chan has good looks, eloquent speech, and can easily adapt to circumstances, thus making him the best gigolo. Soon after his mother died, he stopped his booming career. At the moment, he's paying off a five thousand debt from the charges from his mother's operations. One day, a woman named Kang Hye-na who is notorious for being arrogant and spoiled shows up and stimulated his competitive spirit. Dong-chan makes up his mind to enter the Castle and becomes her butler, thereby changing his whole life.
- Jung Il-woo as Lee Tae-yoon
- An elite lawyer who came from a very wealthy family. He is devoting his life to legal service for the poor in a shabby lawyer's office. He may look like a soft and gentle young man, but when it comes to his work he is merciless and sharp like a knife. He reminds Hye-na of her first love which is why she was attracted to him.
- Moon Chae-won as Yeo Eui-joo
- A bright and cheerful girl who dreams of becoming a shoe designer. She grew up with Dong-chan and is close to him. She constantly encourages him to take the right path, worrying about him and supporting him to get his life back on track. Behind Eui-joo's concern, is her unrequited love for Dong-chan.
- Wang Seok-hyeon as Kang Su-min
- Kim Young-kwang as Jung Woo-sung
- Lee Jung-gil as Chairman Kang
- Kim Myeong-gook as Representative Kang
- Hye-na's uncle (her father's younger brother), and managing director of Kang-San Group. He schemes to make the company his own.
- Jo Hyun-kyu as Jang Dong-gun
- Shin Ki-hyun as Lee Byung-hun
|2009-08-19||1||17.4% (2nd)||17.7% (3rd)|
|2009-08-20||2||16.3% (6th)||16.7% (4th)|
|2009-08-26||3||16.4% (4th)||16.9% (5th)|
|2009-08-27||4||17.4% (3rd)||17.9% (2nd)|
|2009-09-02||5||14.9% (6th)||14.5% (6th)|
|2009-09-03||6||15.1% (7th)||14.7% (7th)|
|2009-09-09||7||14.4% (6th)||14.6% (6th)|
|2009-09-10||8||14.6% (7th)||14.7% (7th)|
|2009-09-16||9||13.8% (6th)||14.1% (6th)|
|2009-09-17||10||14.3% (8th)||14.5% (6th)|
|2009-09-23||11||13.6% (6th)||14.1% (6th)|
|2009-09-24||12||15.0% (5th)||15.2% (5th)|
|2009-09-30||13||14.8% (5th)||15.2% (5th)|
|2009-10-01||14||14.1% (7th)||14.5% (6th)|
|2009-10-07||15||16.1% (4th)||16.3% (5th)|
|2009-10-08||16||19.0% (2nd)||19.4% (1st)|
Source: TNS Media Korea
Awards and nominations
|2009||KBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries||Yoon Sang-hyun||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Yoon Eun-hye||Nominated|
|Best New Actor||Jung Il-woo||Nominated|
|Best New Actress||Moon Chae-won||Nominated|
|Best Young Actor||Wang Seok-hyeon||Nominated|
|Popularity Award, Actor||Yoon Sang-hyun||Won|
|Popularity Award, Actress||Yoon Eun-hye||Won|
|Best Couple Award||Yoon Sang-hyun and Yoon Eun-hye||Won|
- Hot Stuff - Davichi
- Can't Stop Love / Helpless Love - Yoon Sang-hyun
- Dash Girl - Yoon Eun-hye
- I Give / Take Care of the Heart - Jung Jae-wook
- Give My Love / Take Care of the Lady - Na Yoon-kwon
- Lady (스윙)
- The Story (숨겨진 이야기)
- Take Care Girl (Tango) 아가씨를 부탁해 (탱고)
- Hot Stuff (inst)
- Can't Stop Love / Helpless Love (inst)
- Dash Girl (inst)
- I Give / Take Care of the Heart (inst)
- Give My Love / Take Care of the Lady (inst)
It aired in Japan on cable channel LaLa TV beginning April 24, 2010.
It aired in Indonesia on RTV beginning January 8, 2015.
- Han, Sang-hee (18 August 2009). "New Drama to Bring Modern Princess With Edge". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- 윤은혜, '레이디 캐슬'로 안방극장 컴백…세상 물정 모르는 공주 역. My Daily (in Korean). 20 January 2009. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- 윤은혜, '레이디 캐슬'로 2년 여만에 안방극방 복귀?!. Sports Chosun via Daum (in Korean). 20 January 2009. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "2009 Drama Awards Wrap Up With No Surprises". The Korea Times. 3 January 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-20.
- "Yoon Sang-hyun to release two more dramas in Japan". 10Asia. 9 March 2010. Retrieved 2014-09-09.