My Father the Hero (1994 film)
|My Father the Hero|
|Directed by||Steve Miner|
|Produced by||Jacques Bar
|Screenplay by||Francis Veber
|Based on||Mon père, ce héros
by Gérard Lauzier
|Music by||David Newman|
|Edited by||Marshall Harvey|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures|
|February 4, 1994|
|Box office||$25,479,558 (US)|
My Father the Hero is a 1994 French-American comedy-drama directed by Steve Miner and starring Gérard Depardieu and Katherine Heigl. It is an English-language remake of the 1991 French film Mon père, ce héros, which also starred Depardieu.
Filming occurred during the summer of 1993.
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (February 2017)|
André (Gérard Depardieu), a Frenchman divorced from his wife, takes his teenage daughter, Nicole (Katherine Heigl), on vacation with him to The Bahamas. She is desperate to appear as a woman and not a girl, so in order to impress a local boy Ben (Dalton James), she makes up more and more ridiculous stories, starting with André being her lover and leading to some bizarre assumptions by the rest of the community.
André is desperate to make Nicole happy (especially as she is increasingly upset by his relationship with girlfriend Isobel) and so plays along with her crazy games, and the stories they make up get increasingly bizarre.
- Gérard Depardieu as André Arnel, Nicole's father
- Katherine Heigl as Nicole Arnel, André's daughter
- Dalton James as Ben
- Lauren Hutton as Megan Arnel, André's ex-wife and Nicole's mother
- Faith Prince as Diana
- Stephen Tobolowsky as Mike
- Ann Hearn as Stella
- Robyn Peterson as Doris
- Frank Renzulli as Fred
- Manny Jacobs as Raymond
- Jeffrey Chea as Pablo
- Stephen Burrows as Hakim
- Michael Robinson as Tom
- Robert Miner as Mr. Porter
- Betty Miner as Mrs. Porter
- Emma Thompson as Isobel, André's girlfriend (uncredited)
- Roberto Escobar as Alberto
- Dorian Jones as David
- Yusef Bulos as the cab driver
- Stacey Williamson as the airport bartender
- Malou Corrigan as Ben's girlfriend
- Robin Bolter as Raymond's girlfriend
- Steve Wise as Ben's father
- Judy Clayton as Ben's mother
- Bonnie Byfield as Guest
- Jennifer Roberts as Girl #1
- Felicity Ingraham as Girl #2
- Noa Meldy as Pablo's girlfriend
- Sid Raymond as the elderly guest
- Anthony Delaney as the hotel bartender
- Michelle Riu as the girl on TV
- Dave Corey as the father at the beach
- Tom Bahr as a guest
- Juan and Eileen Santillan as the tango dancers
- The then-current Baha Men: Isaiah Taylor, Nehemiah Hield, Colyn Grant, Fred Ferguson, Herschel Small, and Jeffery Chea
- "Back to the Island"
- "Mo' Junkanoo"
- "Gin and Coconut Water (Traditional)"
- "Land of the Sea and Sun"
- "Oh, Father"
- "Island Boy"
- "My Father, the Hero". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "Review/Film; Depardieu's Bahamian Vacation". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "MOVIE REVIEW : 'My Father' a Sordid Remake of a Sex Comedy". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "My Father the Hero". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Weekend Box Office : 'Ace Ventura' Detects a Winning Take". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110612/soundtrack Soundtrack