My Friend Rabbit
This article may have too many section headers dividing up its content. (May 2018)
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (May 2018)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The front cover of the book My Friend Rabbit
|Cover artist||Eric Rohmann|
|Genre||Children's picture book|
|Publisher||Roaring Brook Press and Millbrook Press|
|Preceded by||The Three Pigs|
|Followed by||The Man Who Walked Between the Towers|
My Friend Rabbit is a children's picture book written and illustrated by Eric Rohmann. Published in 2002, the book is a lighthearted tale about the friendship between a mouse and a rabbit. Rohmann won the 2003 Caldecott Medal for his illustrations. The book was adapted into an animated television series in 2007.
My Friend Rabbit is a children’s picture book of 32 pages that teaches the readers especially to young children about toys, trouble, and friendship. The illustrations of Eric Rohmann’s third picture book comprise a simple, heartfelt tale about childhood.
The book begins when Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit play with his brand-new airplane, and trouble is not far behind. Rabbit tries to help Mouse with the problem he started by freeing the plane he trapped in a tree. In every try Rabbit attempts to free the airplane he always fails and causes a bigger problem. Rabbit finds different solutions for the problem but with every attempt something always goes wrong. But Mouse as his friend stays by Rabbit’s side, offering a message about true friendship.
|My Friend Rabbit|
My Friend Rabbit title card
|Genre||Children's television series|
|Directed by||Jason Groh|
|Voices of||Peter Oldring|
|Narrated by||Richard Binsley|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Executive producer(s)||Eric Rohmann|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nelvana Limited|
|Original network||Treehouse TV|
|Picture format||480i (4:3 SDTV)|
|First shown in||US|
|Original release||October 4, 2007– 2008|
NBC began airing an animated children's show based on the book in the Autumn of 2007. My Friend Rabbit is currently aired on Qubo, Treehouse TV, Playhouse Disney (UK & Ireland), and Disney Junior (Canada) and was awarded the Pulcinella Award for Best Preschool TV Series 2008, and the Alliance of Children's Television award for Best Preschool Series 2009. MY FRIEND RABBIT was Nominated for 3 Gemini awards for Best Direction (Jason Groh), Best Musical Scoring (John Welsman) and Best Screenwriting (Steve Westren). Steve Westren won the Gemini Award for Screenwriting.
- Rabbit (Peter Oldring) - A kind and sharing rabbit that gets into all types of situations.
- Mouse (Richard Binsley) - A loving and sharing mouse who is Rabbit's sidekick that get into situations which fit them and Rabbit. He doesn't like water or swimming.
- Hazel (Denise Oliver) - The acorn-loving squirrel who is a bit like Mouse as she doesn't like swimming or she gets a squirrel with a wet tail. She spends most of her time dealing with her acorns.
- Thunder (Jeremy Harris) - A rhinoceros who tends to be a bit "slower" than the other characters, but is cheerful and loves learning new things. He likes making songs most of all.
- Jasper (Milton Barnes) - The fishing-loving crocodile. Of all the characters, he seems to be the most mature and knows many things the others don't. When the other characters need to know something, they often go to him for sage advice.
- Edweena (Stacey DePass) - An elephant who acts like everyone's big sister.
The Gibble Goose Girls
A quartet of goslings that go and do everything together. They each have their own personality, but are almost never seen alone. When they talk, they tend to do it all at once: one girl will start a sentence, and each other girl will complete part of the sentence until they finish. Their names are Amber Gibble (Hannah Endicott-Douglas) Coral Gibble (Isabel de Carteret), Jade Gibble (Nissae Isen) and Pearl Gibble (Camden Angelis).
Double-length episodes feature the whole of two normal episodes. As of 2011, one double-length episode has aired so far, and it was titled " Ladybug Day".
- Ladybug Day: As Mouse is painting a canvas for ladybug day, he accidentally falls in the paint (raspberry juice). Rabbit, Jasper, Thunder and Hazel are all busy making stuff for the ladybug day. They see Mouse in the paint and help him to get it off with many results, but can't as raspberry juice makes a stain. The ladybugs like Mouse and come to the party.
صديقي الارنب is the Arabic-dubbed version of it, and it was aired on Baraem TV.
Il Mio Amico Coniglio
The Italian language version of My Friend Rabbit is called Il Mio Amico Coniglio. It aired in Italy on Rai Yoyo.
- American Library Association: Caldecott Medal Winners, 1938 - Present. URL accessed 27 May 2009.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: My Friend Rabbit|
The Three Pigs
| Caldecott Medal recipient
The Man Who Walked Between the Towers