My Heart's in the Highlands
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North,
- The birth-place of Valour, the country of Worth;
- Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
- The hills of the Highlands for ever I love.
- My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
- My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer;
- Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,
- My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.
- Farewell to the mountains, high-cover'd with snow,
- Farewell to the straths and green vallies below;
- Farewell to the forests and wild-hanging woods,
- Farewell to the torrents and loud-pouring floods.
- My heart's in the Highlands ...