|English: My Kazakhstan|
Text and score of the Kazakh national anthem.
National anthem of Kazakhstan
|Lyrics||Jumeken Najimedenov, 1956
Nursultan Nazarbayev, 2006
|Music||Shamshi Kaldayakov, 1956|
|Adopted||7 January 2006|
|Problems playing these files? See media help.|
My Kazakhstan (Kazakh: Менің Қазақстаным, Meniñ Qazaqstanım, مەنىڭ قازاقستانىم) is the national anthem of Kazakhstan, adopted on January 7, 2006. It is based on a homonymous song written in 1956, with music by Shamshi Kaldayakov and lyrics by Jumeken Najimedenov. This replaced the anthem of the Republic of Kazakhstan as the state anthem, which was used after independence. The original lyrics were modified by Nursultan Nazarbayev, the President of Kazakhstan, before the decree was issued.
|Kazakh||Latin script||Perso-Arabic script|
Алтын күн аспаны,
Ежелден ер деген,
Ұрпаққа жол ашқан,
Қарсы алған уақытты,
Қайырмасы (2 рем)
Altın kün aspanı,
Ejelden er degen,
Urpaqqa jol aşqan,
Qarsı alğan waqıttı,
Sky of golden sun,
Steppe of golden seed,
Legend of courage –
Take a look at my country!
From the antiquity
Our heroic glory emerged,
They did not give up their honor
My Kazakh people are strong!
- My motherland, my motherland,
- As your flower I will grow from you,
- As your song I will stream, my country!
- My native land – My Kazakhstan!
The way was opened to the descendants
By the vast land I have.
Its unity is proper,
I have an independent country.
It welcomed the tests of time
Like an eternal friend,
Our country is blessed,
Our country is such!
- Chorus (twice)
2012 sporting event incident
In March 2012, a parody national anthem, O Kazakhstan, featured in the soundtrack of the movie Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, was mistakenly played at the International Shooting Grand Prix in Kuwait. The Gold-winning medalist, Mariya Dmitriyenko, stood on the dais while the entire parody was played. The team complained, and the award ceremony was re-staged. The incident apparently resulted from the wrong song being downloaded from YouTube at the last minute. Senior officials in Kazakhstan were furious with the error and vowed to make a complaint to their Kuwaiti counterparts.
- My Kazakhstan (1956 song)
- Anthem of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic
- Borat (soundtrack) — Contains the faux national anthem which has been often confused with the official one
- The CIA World Factbook 2012 Central Intelligence Agency - 2011 "National anthem: name: “Menin Qazaqstanim” (My Kazakhstan) lyrics/music: Zhumeken NAZHIMEDENOV"
- Embassy of Kazakhstan in New Delhi, India : Weekly News
- Агентство Республики Казахстан по делам государственной службы
- "Borat anthem played by mistake at medals ceremony". Eurosport Yahoo! UK. Mar 24, 2012.
- "Borat anthem stuns Kazakh gold medallist in Kuwait". BBC. 23 March 2012.
- Kazakh.ru — This Russian language website with news about Kazakhstan has an article about the new anthem, with an MP3 vocal file.
Anthem of the Republic of Kazakhstan
|National Anthem of Kazakhstan