My Kitchen Rules (series 5)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|My Kitchen Rules (series 5)|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of episodes||48|
|Original network||Seven Network|
|Original release||27 January – 29 April 2014|
- 1 Format Changes
- 2 Teams
- 3 Elimination History
- 4 Competition Details
- 4.1 Instant Restaurants
- 4.2 Top 12
- 4.3 Top 11
- 4.4 Top 10
- 4.5 Top 9
- 4.6 Top 8
- 4.7 Top 7
- 4.8 Top 5
- 4.9 Semifinals
- 4.10 Grand Final
- 5 Ratings
- 6 References
- The Food Truck — From the Top 12 to Top 9 rounds, teams were divided into two groups, cooking in a restaurant-like environment. Members of the public were served the dishes and paid for what they believed the meal was worth. The group that made the most money won the challenge whilst the losing group had to compete in a following cook-off to avoid elimination. The truck was run by chef, Colin Fassnidge.
- The Jury — From the Top 12 to Top 9 cook-off rounds, a jury was present and were able to save/send one of the competing teams to/from elimination. The jury was formed by the teams from the winning group of the Food Truck, and, if applicable, the People's Choice winner.
- People Choice Winners — A slight change of rules was used for this season due to the inclusion of the Food Truck. Unlike previous seasons, the winner did not always receive immunity from elimination. To ensure there were even teams for the Food Truck, some winners were given an advantage instead, such as being able to select the teams or ingredients. This was applicable to People's Choice challenges 2 & 4.
- Ultimate Instant Restaurant — The Top 5 teams headed back home to compete in an Ultimate Instant Restaurant round. They had to prepare two dishes for each course, with guest teams having the choice of which dish they wanted to order.
|SA||2||Bree May & Jessica Liebich||Proud Mums||Winners 29 April (Grand Final)|
|WA||1||Chloe James & Kelly Ramsay||Well Travelled Friends||Runners-Up 29 April (Grand Final)|
|VIC||1||Helena & Vikki Moursellas||Twins||Eliminated 28 April (Semi-Finals)|
|QLD||1||Paul Bullpitt & Blair Tonkin||Surfer Dads||Eliminated 27 April (Semi-Finals)|
|TAS||2||Thalia Papadakis & Bianca Johnston||Besties||Eliminated 23 April (Top 5: UIR)|
|NSW||G||Cathy & Anna Lisle||Mother and Daughter||Eliminated 7 April (Top 7: Group 2)|
|VIC||G||Josh Geard & Danielle Najda||Experimental Foodies||Eliminated 2 April (Top 7: Group 1)|
|NSW||G||Carly & Tresne Hart||Teacher and Estate Agent||Eliminated 31 March (Top 8)|
|NSW||2||Uel & Shannelle Lim||Newlyweds||Eliminated 25 March (Top 9)|
|VIC||2||Harry Curtis & Christo Gibson||Best Mates||Eliminated 18 March (Top 10)|
|NSW||1||Annie & Jason Chesworth||Married Cheesemakers||Eliminated 11 March (Top 11)|
|SA||1||Deb & Rick Payne||Married 38 Years||Eliminated 4 March (Top 12)|
|QLD||2||David Kirk & Corinne Wieland||Couple Two Years||Eliminated 25 February (IR: Round 3)|
|WA||2||Jess Anderson & Felix Kemmer||Designer and Miner||Eliminated 16 February (IR: Round 2)|
|ACT||1||Andrew Hinge & Emelia Vimalasiri||Newly Dating||Eliminated 4 February (IR: Round 1)|
|Round:||Instant Restaurants||Top 12||Top 11||Top 10||Top 9||Top 8||Top 7||Top 5||Semi-Finals||Grand Final|
|1||2||3||PC||FT||HQ||PC||FT||HQ||PC||FT||HQ||PC||FT||HQ||PC||HQ||PC||Grp 1||Grp 2||UIR||1||2|
|Bree & Jessica||N/A||1st
|Chloe & Kelly||5th
|Helena & Vikki||1st
|Paul & Blair||3rd
(Through to Top 5)
|Thalia & Bianca||N/A||2nd
|Cathy & Anna||Not in the competition||1st
|Josh & Danielle||Not in the competition||5th
|Carly & Tresne||Not in the competition||2nd
|Uel & Shannelle||N/A||3rd
|Harry & Christo||N/A||5th
|Annie & Jason||2nd
|Deb & Rick||4th
|David & Corinne||N/A||4th
|Jess & Felix||N/A||6th
|Andrew & Emelia||6th
|→||Team passed the challenge and will continue to the next challenge.|
^2 (DNP: Due to family matters, Chloe and Kelly did not participate in this challenge)
|Win||Team won the challenge or round (e.g. People's Choice).|
|Lose||Team lost the challenge or cooked the weakest dish and must compete in an additional cook-off challenge or round.|
|Safe||Team became safe from elimination after winning/passing the challenge.|
|Team was made safe from elimination from being selected by the judges. (Rapid Cook-Off only)|
^1 (Note: In this cook-off, the judges sent the weakest team to the Showdown instead, thus saving this team)
|Team was made safe from elimination from being selected by the teams' jury. (Rapid Cook-Off only)|
^1 (Note: In this cook-off, the jury were asked to send the weakest team to the Showdown, thus saving this team)
|SD||Team won the Sudden Death cook-off is safe from elimination.|
|SD||Team was eliminated after losing the Sudden Death cook-off or round.|
|Immune||From winning the previous challenge, team was immune from elimination and was not required to participate.|
|Out||Team was already sent to Sudden Death and sat out of this challenge.|
|Jury||Team was a member of the teams' jury for that round.|
|N/A||Results do not apply as the team was not allocated to this challenge or round.|
During the Instant Restaurant rounds, each team hosts a three-course dinner for judges and fellow teams in their allocated group. They are scored and ranked among their group, with the lowest scoring team being eliminated.
- Episodes 1 to 6
- Airdate — 27 January to 4 February
- Description — The first of the two instant restaurant groups are introduced into the competition in Round 1. The lowest scoring team at the end of this round is eliminated.
|Team and Episode Details||Guest Scores||Pete's Scores||Manu's Scores||Total
(out of 110)
|NSW||Annie & Jason||—||7||7||7||6||7||8||9||8||7||9||7||82||2nd||Safe|
|Ep 1||27 January||The Milk Barn|
|Dishes||Entree||Goats Cheese Croquettes with Rocket & Apple Salad|
|Main||Fillet Steak with Sweet Potato Purée|
|Dessert||Raspberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake with Chocolate Shards|
|ACT||Andrew & Emelia||4||—||5||4||3||4||3||4||7||1||5||7||47||6th||Eliminated|
|Ep 2||28 January||Berralicious|
|Dishes||Entree||Shrimp in a Barrel|
|Dessert||Chocolate Cherry Tart with Kirsch Cream|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||6||7||—||7||6||8||10||6||7||9||7||6||79||3rd||Safe|
|Ep 3||29 January||Swell|
|Dishes||Entree||Salt and Pepper Quail with Lemon Pepper Dipping Sauce|
|Main||Spicy Indonesian Chicken Curry|
|Dessert||Rum Chocolate Pots with Salted Caramel Toffee|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||8||8||8||—||9||8||10||9||10||10||6||9||95||1st||Safe|
|Ep 4||2 February||Didima|
|Dishes||Entree||Squid Wraps with Tomato Salad|
|Main||Hapuku with Black Olive Sauce|
|Dessert||Orange and Clove Semolina Cake with Spiced Mascarpone|
|SA||Deb & Rick||5||5||6||7||—||6||5||7||8||5||8||8||69||4th||Safe|
|Ep 5||3 February||Deb and Rick's|
|Dishes||Entree||Prawn, Fennel & Potato Crisp with Mustard Dressing|
|Main||Pesto Filled Ocean Trout with Potato Mash|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||5||3||5||2||3||—||3||9||2||5||8||4||49||5th||Through to Round 3|
|Ep 6||4 February||Nouveau|
|Dishes||Entree||Trio of Cheese|
|Main||Peasants Paella with Rabbit and Snails|
|Dessert||Millefeuille with Passion Fruit Custard and Lime Tequila Curd|
- Episodes 7 to 12
- Airdate — 5 February to 16 February
- Description — The second group now start their Instant Restaurant round. The same rules from the previous round apply and the lowest scoring team is eliminated.
|Team and Episode Details||Guest Scores||Pete's Scores||Manu's Scores||Total
(out of 110)
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||—||4||5||5||6||5||5||6||3||5||6||3||53||3rd||Safe|
|Ep 7||5 February||Hand in Hand|
|Dishes||Entree||Grilled Lobster with Pumpkin Dipping Soup and Pancetta Crisp|
|Main||Lamb Shank Pie with Pea Mash|
|QLD||David & Corinne||4||—||4||3||5||2||5||4||3||5||4||4||46||4th||Through to Round 3|
|Ep 8||9 February||The Quarter Deck|
|Dishes||Entree||Crayfish Stack with Lime Mayonnaise|
|Main||Mud Crab Angel Hair Pasta|
|Dessert||Tropical Eton Mess with Spun Sugar|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||8||8||—||8||8||7||10||7||7||10||6||6||85||2nd||Safe|
|Ep 9||10 February||The Market Kitchen|
|Dishes||Entree||Grandma's Brandy Pâté with Homemade Brioche and Chutney|
|Main||Fish and Chips|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||5||2||6||—||5||3||7||2||2||7||2||3||44||5th||Through to Round 3|
|Ep 10||11 February||The Green House|
|Dishes||Entree||Caramelized Onion Tart|
|Main||Prosciutto & Smoked Mozzarella Rolled Veal with Potato Croquettes|
|Dessert||Blueberry and Frangipane Tart with Blueberry Ripple Ice-Cream|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||8||9||8||8||–||8||10||10||5||10||9||5||90||1st||Safe|
|Ep 11||12 February||Sage|
|Dishes||Entree||Scallops with Wilted Bitter Greens and Stilton Dressing|
|Main||Salt Baked Chateaubriand with Chervil Béarnaise and Pommes Frites|
|Dessert||Raspberry Mousse Cake with Macerated Berries and Sugar Crusted Almonds|
|WA||Jess & Felix||4||3||5||3||6||–||3||1||7||4||2||6||43||6th||Eliminated|
|Ep 12||16 February||Baroque Haus|
|Dishes||Entree||Pork Belly Two Ways|
|Main||Confit of Duck Cigars with Cherry & Shiraz Sauce and Margaret River Brie|
|Dessert||Mint Slice with Macadamia Praline|
Round 3 (Gatecrasher Round)
- Episodes 13 to 18
- Airdate — 17 February to 25 February
- Description — In the third round of instant restaurants, the three lowest scoring safe teams in the first two groups combined, were to compete in another instant restaurant round. From here, three newly introduced 'gatecrasher' teams also joined the round. As per the first two rounds, the same format of scoring is repeated and the lowest scoring team is eliminated .
|Team and Episode Details||Guest Scores||Pete's Scores||Manu's Scores||Total
(out of 110)
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||—||7||7||7||6||5||7||9||5||7||8||6||74||2nd||Safe|
|Ep 13||17 February||Inspire|
|Dishes||Entree||Beetroot Tart with Goat's Cheese Mousse and Balsamic Reduction|
|Main||Beef Fillet with Parsnip Purée, Beetroot & Red Wine Discs and Red Wine Jus|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||7||—||5||5||4||6||10||6||5||10||6||4||68||3rd||Safe|
|Ep 14||18 February||Nouveau|
|Dishes||Entree||Poached Marron on Crab Pillow with Truffle Emulsion.|
|Main||Chicken Confit with Brussels Sprouts, Speck and Mushroom Sauce|
|Dessert||Cannoli with Chocolate and Orange Ricotta served with Espresso tini|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||7||4||—||4||3||2||3||5||5||5||5||5||51||5th||Safe|
|Ep 15||19 February||Alchemy|
|Dishes||Entree||Oxtail and Mushroom Gyoza with Hazelnut Oil, Grape Vinaigrette and Apple Sphere|
|Main||Sous Vide Salmon with Cinnamon Biscuit, Vanilla Mayonnaise, Pea and Radish|
|Dessert||Banana Parfait with Maple Syrup Bacon|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||6||6||4||—||5||9||3||7||8||4||8||8||65||4th||Safe|
|Ep 16||23 February||The Green House|
|Dishes||Entree||Calamari Sautéed in Capsicum & Garlic Infused Olive Oil with Seasonal Leaves|
|Main||Roast Pheasant with Bread Sauce and Beetroot Salad|
|Dessert||Baked Stone Fruit with Amaretti Crumble and Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream|
|QLD||David & Corinne||7||3||2||1||–||2||2||2||2||1||3||2||27||6th||Eliminated|
|Ep 17||24 February||The Quarter Deck|
|Dishes||Entree||Corn Soup with Avocado and Grilled Tiger Prawns|
|Main||Pork Medallions with Cauliflower Purée, Green Beans and Mushroom Sauce|
|Dessert||Chocolate Cake with Candied Liqueur Oranges|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||8||8||8||7||8||–||9||7||10||9||6||10||89||1st||Safe|
|Ep 18||25 February||The Country Manor|
|Dishes||Entree||Seared Scotch Fillet with Eggplant Caviar, Fennel Chips, Baby Herbs and Homemade Aioli|
|Main||Walcha Lamb Loin with Potato Galette, Beetroot, Asparagus and Orange & Mint Sauce|
|Dessert||Petit Apple Lattice Pies with Spiced Crème Anglaise|
People's Choice 1: Breakfast at Central
- Episode 19
- Airdate — 26 February 2014
- Location — Central railway station, Sydney
- Description — Teams must cook and serve a convenient, on-the-go breakfast for Sydney's commuters at Central Station. The public voted for their favourite dish, with the team receiving the most votes, safe from elimination. Pete and Manu decided on the weakest team to head into the first Sudden Death cook-off.
|People's Choice Challenge 1|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Cheesy Bacon and Egg Pie with a Rocket Salad||People's Choice|
|NSW||Annie & Jason||Chorizo and Goat's Cheese Quesadillas with Guacamole||Through to Food Truck challenge|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Congee with Chinese Sausage and Egg|
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||Pear and Raspberry Friand with Baked Pear|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Moist Banana Bread with Caramelised Banana and Honey Ricotta|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Mediterranean Baked Eggs with Crusty Bread and Feta Whip|
|SA||Deb & Rick||Ricotta and Potato Bake with Crispy Bacon and Relish|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||Trio of Toasties|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Breakfast Lamb Gözleme with Tzatziki|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||62 Degree Eggs with Bacon Jam and Asparagus|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Savoury Pancakes with Caramelised Onions and Chutney|
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||Poached Salmon with 60/60 Eggs, Rice and Spices||Through to Sudden Death|
Food Truck 1: Cronulla, NSW
- Episode 20
- Airdate — 2 March 2014
- Location — North Cronulla Beach, NSW
- Description — Teams are split into two groups (white aprons and black aprons) and must each run a restaurant for real paying customers. Each group consists of five teams and must cook an appetiser, two mains and two desserts. One team from each group is assigned as Head Chef and Maître d' and must make sure their group have their food orders ready and in line for service. The group that earns the most money is safe from elimination, while the losing group face a kitchen cook-off.
|Food Truck 1|
|VIC||Josh (Head Chef)||Appetiser||Seared Tuna Nicoise||Safe|
|Danielle (Maître d')|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Main||Crispy Skin Ocean Trout with Lentils and Salsa Verde|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Surf 'n' Turf: Eye Fillet with Prawns and Twice Cooked Chips|
|NSW||Annie & Jason||Dessert||Chocolate Ganache and Shortbread Stack|
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||Deconstructed Lemon and Raspberry Tart|
|VIC||Helena (Head Chef)||Appetiser||Prawn Cocktail||Through to Kitchen cook-off|
|Vikki (Maître d')|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Main||Braised Pork Belly with White Bean Ragu and Salsa Verde|
|SA||Deb & Rick||Rack of Lamb with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Mint Sauce|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||Dessert||Flourless Chocolate Torte with Macerated Berries|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Lemon and Lime Citrus Meringue Crumble|
- Episode 21
- Airdate — 3 March 2014
- Description — The Kitchen cook-off is divided into two parts.
Rapid cook-off: Meat & 3 Veg — Teams must create a 'Meat & 3 Veg' dish in 45 minutes. The selection of meat (pork, chicken, beef, duck or lamb) was determined by the bench they chose to stand at. Any three vegetables were able to be used. In a new twist, the remaining safe teams became The Jury and were able to save one of the teams through a blind tasting. A second team was saved by Pete and Manu.
Showdown: Family Favourites — The remaining three teams headed into the Showdown, where they were challenged to cook a family favourite meal in one hour. The weakest team from here heads into the Sudden Death cook-off against Uel & Shannelle.
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Beef Steak with Potato Mash, Sweet Potato Chips and Chimichurri Sauce||Safe (Judge's Choice)|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Chicken Breast with Mushroom Purée, Baby Carrots and Asparagus||Safe (Jury's Choice)|
|SA||Deb & Rick||Crispy Skin Duck with Asian Style Vegetables||Through to Showdown|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||Greek Style Lamb with Zucchini Salad and Roast Potatoes|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Pork Cutlet with Fennel Salad and Crunchy Potatoes|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||Chicken Schnitzel with Coleslaw, Sweet Potato Chips and Roasted Tomatoes||Safe|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Pork and Beef Meatballs with Fettuccine and Parmesan Wafers|
|SA||Deb & Rick||Caramelised Chicken with Jasmine Rice Salad and Chilli Coconut Dressing||Through to Sudden Death|
- Episode 22
- Airdate — 4 March 2014
- Description — The first Sudden Death cook-off for the series. Each team must produce a three-course menu for guest judges and Pete and Manu. Following its success from last year, blind tastings were re-introduced as the judging format. All judges score the entire menu out of 10 and the lower scoring team is eliminated.
(out of 60)
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||7||7||7||6||7||7||41||Safe|
|Dishes||Entree||Singaporean Chilli Soft Shell Crab|
|Main||Braised Pork Belly with Quail Eggs and Asian Greens|
|Dessert||Coconut Filled Pandan Crêpes|
|SA||Deb & Rick||6||6||5||5||7||6||35||Eliminated|
|Dishes||Entree||Prawn and Avocado Tart|
|Main||Spiced Lamb Shanks with Green Beans and Sweet Potato and Carrot Purée|
|Dessert||Sticky Date Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream|
People's Choice 2: School Lunch
- Episode 23
- Airdate — 5 March 2014
- Location — Bankstown Public School
- Description — For this challenge, teams headed back to primary school to create a healthy lunch for 200 kids. The students voted for their favourite lunch, with one team winning the Children's Choice. On the other end, Pete and Manu sent one team directly into the next Sudden Death cook-off. The Children's Choice winners will gain an advantage at the next Food Truck challenge.
|People's Choice Challenge 2|
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||Fish Fingers with Roast Potato Salad||Children's Choice|
|NSW||Annie & Jason||Chicken Nuggets with Sweet Potato Chips and Corn on the Cob||Through to Food Truck challenge|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Potato Gnocchi with Cheesy Bolognese|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Beef and Apple Sausage Rolls with Fruit Skewers|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Turkey Nachos with Spelt Chips and BBQ Corn Salsa|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||Lamb Pita Pockets with Freckles|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Chicken Burgers with Spinach Balls|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Soft Shell Beef Tacos|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Crunchy Snapper with Grilled Zucchini Fritters|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Mini Cottage Pies with Sour Cream Pastry|
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||Pizza Pinwheels with Root Vegetable Chips||Through to Sudden Death|
Food Truck 2: Melbourne, Vic
- Episode 24
- Airdate — 9 March 2014
- Location — Australian Centre for Contemporary Art, Southbank, Victoria
- Description — The Food Truck has arrived in Melbourne, where teams are once again, split into two groups and each running competing restaurants. As winners of the previous People's Choice challenge, Uel and Shannelle were able to handpick their group members and form the white group. The remaining teams were formed as the black group. In the end, the group that earned the least amount of money is sent to the Kitchen cook-off to determine the next team going into Sudden Death.
|Food Truck 2|
|VIC||Christo (Head Chef)||Appetiser||Chilled Cucumber Soup with Scallop Ceviche||Safe|
|Harry (Maître d')|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Main||Asian Spiced Sirloin with Umami Broth and Pak Choy|
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||Crispy Fried Chicken with Peanut Vermicelli Salad|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Dessert||Sake Poached Pear with Ricotta Fritter and Zabaglione|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Orange Syrup Cake with Caramelised Pineapple and Crème Fraîche|
|QLD||Blair (Head Chef)||Appetiser||Beef Carpaccio with Celeriac Remoulade||Through to Kitchen cook-off|
|Paul (Maître d')|
|NSW||Annie & Jason||Main||Dukkah Crusted Salmon with Green Leaves and Roasted Beetroot|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Fillet of Lamb with Israeli Couscous and Persian Cigar|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Dessert||Macadamia Tartlets with Caramelised Apple|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Lemon Curd Loukoumades with Honey Thyme Syrup|
- Episode 25
- Airdate — 10 March 2014
- Description — Two cook-offs were held. Two teams selected by the judges and teams' jury were safe after the rapid cook-off. The remaining three teams headed into the following showdown. The lowest performing team from here heads into the Sudden Death cook-off.
Rapid cook-off: Fridge Favourites — Teams had to create a dish using ingredients from a stranger's fridge. Through Facebook, fans of the show shared their list of ingredients in their fridges and five of them were used in this challenge
Showdown: Judge's Ingredients — For this challenge, teams used ingredients that judges, Pete and Manu use in their own fridge. Each judge had two crates of the same ingredients on offer and contestants were able choose which judge's ingredients they wish to use. As there were only three teams, one of the judge's crates was not used.
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Crispy Skin Barramundi with Rocket Pesto And Green Peas, Asparagus and Bacon||Safe (Judge's Choice)|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Pork Cutlets with Balsamic Apples and Potato Mash||Safe (Jury's Choice)|
|NSW||Annie & Jason||Herb Crusted Lamb Rack with Vegetable and Haloumi Stack and Roasted Tomatoes||Through to Showdown|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Salmon with Potato Rösti and Asparagus and Radish Salad|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Chicken Roulade with Mushroom Sauce and Zucchini Salad|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||(Manu) Pan Seared Scallops with Cauliflower Purée and Crispy Bone Marrow||Safe|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||(Pete) Baked Snapper with Prawns, Eggplant and Tomato Ragu and Skordalia Mash|
|NSW||Annie & Jason||(Manu) Crispy Skin Duck with Blood Orange Sauce, Glazed Carrots and Cauliflower Purée||Through to Sudden Death|
- Episode 26
- Airdate — 11 March 2014
- Description — Two NSW teams must compete in another Sudden Death cook-off, after their low performances during previous challenges. Both teams must serve a three course meal to Pete, Manu and guest judges for a blind tasting. The winner is safe and through to the Top 10. The lower scoring team is eliminated from the competition
(out of 60)
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||7||6||6||6||7||7||39||Safe|
|Dishes||Entree||Prawn and Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini Flowers with Lime Mayonnaise|
|Main||Beef Cheeks in Red Wine with Cheesy Polenta and Brussels Sprout Salad|
|Dessert||Strawberry Shortcake Stack|
|NSW||Annie & Jason||6||6||6||5||7||7||37||Eliminated|
|Dishes||Entree||Twice Baked Gruyère Soufflé with Walnut, Pear and Rocket Salad|
|Main||Beef Wellington with Potato Gratin and Red Wine Sauce|
|Dessert||Crème Caramel with Spun Sugar and Edible Flowers|
People's Choice 3: Italian Festival
- Episode 27
- Airdate — 12 March 2014
- Location — Norton Street, Leichhardt, NSW
- Description — Teams headed to Sydney's Norton St in Leichhardt to serve Mediterranean meals for the annual Italian Festival. Teams had a total of 3 hours to shop at the local Italian grocers and market, cook and serve their meals to the festival-goers. The public voted for their favourite dish and the team with the most votes was safe from elimination. The judges sent the weakest team into the next Sudden Death cook-off.
|People's Choice Challenge 3|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Fritto Misto with Anchovy Aioli and Fennel Salad||People's Choice|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Orzo alla Marinara (Seafood and Barley Stew)||Through to Food Truck challenge|
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||Mushroom Arancini with Tomato Sauce and Caprese Salad|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Pizza with Pear, Pancetta and Rocket|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||Whitebait Fritters with Fennel and Radish Salad|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Ricotta Gnocchi with Napoletana Sauce|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Veal Piadinas with Buffalo Mozzarella|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Churros with Chilli Chocolate and Salted Caramel Sauce|
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||Pork Belly with Salsa Verde and Watermelon Salad|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Prawn and Mushroom Polenta Balls||Through to Sudden Death|
Food Truck 3: Parramatta, NSW
- Episode 28
- Airdate — 16 March 2014
- Location — Parramatta, NSW
- Description — The Food Truck has returned to Sydney, and the teams are once again split into two (white aprons vs. black aprons). This time, they are serving multicultural foods of multiple nationalities. Carly and Tresne were selected to be the White groups' Head chef and Maître d', while Uel and Shannelle were selected to be Head Chef and Maître d' for the black group. The group that made the most amount of money is safe and the group that makes the least is sent to Kitchen cook-off to determine the next team going into sudden death.
|Food Truck 3|
|NSW||Shannelle (Head Chef)||Appetiser||Spiced Gazpacho with Pink Ling||Safe|
|Uel (Maître d')|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Main||Pan Seared Swordfish with Green Curry and Vietnamese Salad|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Middle Eastern Lamb with Smoky Baba Ganoush and Flatbread|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Dessert||Ginger Cake with Caramelised Peaches and Spiced Syrup|
|NSW||Tresne (Head Chef)||Appetiser||Twisted Chicken Caesar Salad||Through to Kitchen cook-off|
|Carly (Maître d')|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Main||Open Crab Lasagne with Pea Purée and Sage Burnt Butter Sauce|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||Angus Beef Burgers with Chips|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Dessert||Fried Apple Pie with Salted Caramel|
- Episode 29
- Airdate — 17 March 2014
- Description — Chicken or Egg
For the rapid cook-off, teams had 45 minutes to cook either a chicken or egg dish. Two teams cooked with chicken and the other two with eggs. In a special twist the two chicken dishes competed against each other and the same for the two egg dishes. The jury and the judges sent the worst chicken and egg team through to the Showdown. In the Showdown, the two teams will cook another dish with chicken or egg using the opposite ingredient from the previous cook-off.
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||Egg||Thai Egg Nets with Pork and Prawn||Safe|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Middle Eastern Quail Eggs with Couscous||Through to Showdown (Sent by Jury)|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Chicken||Chicken Two Ways with Asian Slaw||Safe|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||Chicken Laksa||Through to Showdown (Sent by Judges)|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Japanese Inspired Poached Chicken in a Mushroom Broth with Crispy Chicken Skin||Safe|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||Tortilla Española with Brava Sauce and Chorizo||Through to Sudden Death|
- Episode 30
- Airdate — 18 March 2014
- Description — Two Victorian teams, the twins, Helena and Vikki and the boys, Harry and Christo competed in a Sudden Death cook-off after their low performances at previous challenges. Both teams must cook their best three course meal for host and guest judges for scoring. The twins brought upon their Greek heritage, cooking dishes inspired by their grandmother, whilst the boys took a more casual approach, dishing up their favourite meals as mates. The lower scoring team is eliminated as the winning team advances to the Top 9.
(out of 60)
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||6||7||7||6||7||7||40||Safe|
|Dishes||Entree||Mussels Saganaki with Dill Pita Bread|
|Main||Baked Moussaka with Greek Salad|
|Dessert||Raspberry and Banana Cake with Sweet Dukkah and Citrus Curd|
|VIC||Harry & Christo||6||5||6||4||6||6||33||Eliminated|
|Dishes||Entree||Tuna Carpaccio with a Citrus and Soy Dressing|
|Main||Wagyu Beef with Bearnaise Sauce and Truffle Chips|
|Dessert||Espresso Crème Brûlée|
People's Choice 4: Builder's Site BBQ
- Episode 31
- Airdate — 19 March 2014
- Location — Central Park, Sydney
- Description — Teams headed into the Central Park development worksite to cook a barbecue lunch for 200 builders. Teams were inspired by a number of cuisines including Asian and South American for their lunches. The worksite builders voted for their favourite dish, with the team receiving the most votes winning the Builder's Choice. This team will gain an advantage at the following Food Truck in Brisbane. The weakest team will go directly into the next Sudden Death cook-off.
|People's Choice Challenge 4|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Bourbon Lamb Cutlets with Potato Salad and Kick-Ass Chilli Sauce||Builder's Choice|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Coconut Rice||Through to Food Truck challenge|
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||Spicy Indian Prawns with Fragrant Rice|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Beef Rendang with Cucumber Relish|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Asian Style Honey and Soy Chicken with BBQ Corn|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Pork Fillet with Satay Sauce, Achar Salad and Turmeric Rice|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Mexican Chicken with Wedges and Guacamole|
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||Korean BBQ Beef with Seafood Pancake|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Prawn and Chorizo Skewers with Seared Beef and Chimichurri Sauce||Through to Sudden Death|
Food Truck 4: Brisbane, Qld
- Episode 32
- Airdate — 23 March 2014
- Location — Brisbane, QLD
- Description — Teams were back on board the Food Truck, once again split into two groups, running and serving two restaurants for paying customers in Brisbane's CBD. As winners of the previous People's Choice challenge, Chloe, Kelly and the Black group were able to allocate 4 out of 8 main ingredients for their three-course menu. The black group chose Mackerel for the appetiser, squid and lamb for mains and fresh fruit for dessert. The remaining four ingredients were given to the opposing White group, which included, Moreton Bay bugs for appetiser, kangaroo and spatchcock for mains and finally assorted nuts for dessert. As per usual, customers will pay for what they believe the meal is worth, and the losing group will compete in a Kitchen cook-off. This was the last Food Truck challenge and also the largest, serving a total of 150 customers, previous Food Trucks only had 100.
|Food Truck 4|
|WA||Kelly (Head Chef)||Appetiser||Salt Cured Spanish Mackerel with Watercress Salad and Wasabi Mayonnaise||Safe|
|Chloe (Maître d')|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Main||Lamb Rump with Asparagus and Spring Bean Salad|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Mediterranean Stuffed Squid with Roasted Tomato Salsa|
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||Dessert||White Chocolate Profiteroles with Summer Berry Compote|
|SA||Jessica (Head Chef)||Appetiser||Grilled Moreton Bay Bugs with Citrus Salad||Through to Kitchen cook-off|
|Bree (Maître d')|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Main||Spiced Kangaroo with Garam Masala Potatoes and Kachumber Salad|
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||Grilled Indonesian Spatchcock with Coconut Green Beans and Chilli Lime Sauce|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Dessert||Macadamia and Pistachio with Honey Custard and Crostoli|
- Episode 33
- Airdate — 24 March 2014
- Description — The losing four teams from the Food Truck will face a rapid cook-off. The two best teams selected by the jury and judges will be saved, whilst the bottom two compete in another Showdown. The weakest team from here will head into Sudden Death.
Rapid cook-off: Romantic Meal — For the rapid cook-off, teams were challenged to create a romantic meal in 45 minutes, however after teams retrieved their ingredients, they learnt that for this challenge, only one team member can cook, while the other may only taste and advise.
Showdown: Chocolate — In the Showdown, the losing teams battled it out in a Chocolate challenge, to create their best dish using chocolate. According to the judges, both teams presented a poor dish, making the decision to send one team into Sudden Death more difficult than intended.
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Beef Fillet with Green Peppercorn Sauce||Safe (Judge's Choice)|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Fettuccine Marinara with Tarragon Cream Sauce||Safe (Jury's Choice)|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Poached Ocean Trout with Soba Miso Broth and Tempura Oysters||Through to Showdown|
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||Roasted Duck Breast with Peaches Two Ways and Potato & Fennel Purée|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Dark Chocolate Molten Cake with Hazelnut Biscuit Crumb and Espresso Syrup||Safe|
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||Chocolate Mousse with Salted Caramel Peanuts, Almond Biscuit Crumble and Chocolate Shards||Through to Sudden Death|
- Episode 34
- Airdate — 25 March 2014
- Description — Two teams go head to head in Sudden Death. Both teams presented a three course meal for guest and host judges for scoring and the lower scoring team is eliminated. From Victoria, Josh and Danielle dubbed the 'scientists' of the competition took upon their molecular gastronomy skills, while New South Wales newlyweds, Uel and Shannelle kept to their Asian heritage for their menus. For Uel and Shannelle, they are the only team so far to have competed in a Sudden Death more than once.
(out of 60)
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||8||8||7||6||8||8||45||Safe|
|Dishes||Entree||Slow Cooked Egg with Pea Purée, Pancetta Crumbs and Verjuice Gel|
|Main||Skin Pork Belly with Beer Stewed Chickpeas|
|Dessert||Chocolate Ganache with Mint Ice Cream and Avocado Purée|
|NSW||Uel & Shannelle||7||7||8||7||7||7||43||Eliminated|
|Main||Beef Short Ribs with Daikon, Carrot Purée and Soya Beans|
|Dessert||Steamed Lemongrass and Kaffir Lime Crème Brûlée|
People's Choice 5: Pop-Up Restaurant
- Episode 35
- Airdate — 26 March 2014
- Location — Eveleigh Markets at Carriageworks, Redfern
- Description — After gaining all their skills from the Food Truck challenges, teams today opened their own pop-up restaurants serving one main meal to customers. All teams were in charge of cooking, waiting and serving at their own restaurants. Customers dining, paid for what they thought the meal was worth, with the team receiving the most money, winning People's Choice and safe from elimination. Pete and Manu, as always chose the weakest to head straight into Sudden Death. For the middle six teams, the rank order of money earnt became the seeding process for the next cook-off in Kitchen Headquarters.
|People's Choice Challenge 5|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Lamb Fillet with Smoky Eggplant and Spicy Masala Sauce||People's Choice|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Pork Cutlet with Fig and Balsamic Reduction and Almond Pilaf||Through to Kitchen cook-off|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Pan Seared Salmon with Roasted Beetroot and Freekeh Salad|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Seared Tuna with Pea and Broad Bean Salad and Deep Fried Mac ‘n’ Cheese Balls|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Snapper with Celeriac Mash and Roasted Capsicum Salsa|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Sous Vide Scotch Fillet with Glazed Carrots, Potato Purée and Mushroom Jus|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Seared Tiger Prawns with Goat's Cheese Tortellini and Burnt Butter Sauce|
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||Lamb Cutlets with Mint & Walnut Pesto and Pomegranate Salad||Through to Sudden Death|
- Episode 36
- Airdate — 30 March 2014
Rapid Cook-off: One on One: — The six teams were to compete head to head with another team in a 30-minute rapid cook-off. The money ranking from the previous challenge determined how the game process will be played out. As Bree and Jessica received the most money out of the six, they were able to choose their opponent, however their opponent determined which protein both teams will use to cook. In this case, Thalia and Bianca were the selected opponent and chose game meats as the protein. Next in line was Cathy and Anna, choosing Helena and Vikki as their opponent. They then chose lamb as the protein. Out of the two remaining teams, Josh and Danielle had made more money than Chloe and Kelly, but since they were left with no choice of opponent, they were able to choose the protein and decided on fish. The three winning teams from each head to head became safe from elimination, while the three losing teams headed into the next Showdown.
Showdown: Entree, Main, Dessert: — As the losing teams from the previous head to head battles, they must now cook one course out of Entree, Main and Dessert in an hour. Only one team can cook one course and this was decided in a verbal first-say-first-go basis between the three teams. The losing team from this Showdown, headed into Sudden Death with Carly and Tresne.
|Bree & Jessica||SA||Vs.||TAS||Thalia & Bianca|
|Thai Duck Salad
with Deep Fried Vermicelli
|Dish||Deep Fried Spiced Squab|
with Asian Salad
|Through to Showdown||Result||Safe|
|Cathy & Anna||NSW||Vs.||VIC||Helena & Vikki|
|Roasted Lamb Rack
with Sautéed Eggplant, Olive Tapenade and Basil Pesto
with Roasted Beetroot Salad and Goat's Cheese Yoghurt Sauce
|Safe||Result||Through to Showdown|
|Josh & Danielle||VIC||Vs.||WA||Chloe & Kelly|
|Pan Fried Barramundi
in a Thai Coconut Broth with Coriander Salad
with Tomato and Black Olive Salsa
|Through to Showdown||Result||Safe|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Frangipane Tart with Stewed Rhubarb and Cream (Dessert)||Safe|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Scampi Risotto (Main)|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Cavatelli with Cauliflower Sauce and Pangrattato (Entree)||Through to Sudden Death|
- Episode 37
- Airdate — 31 March 2014
- Description — SA mums face Carly & Tresne in a Sudden Death cook-off. Teams cooked a three-course menu for guest and host judges, the winning team advances to the Top 7 Finals Decider, while the losing team is eliminated. Both teams received excellent feedback for their entree and dessert however both fell short on their main and had issues cooking their meat. The judges scores resulted in a one-point difference between the winner and loser. For Carly and Tresne, it was their second time competing in a Sudden Death elimination.
(out of 60)
|NSW||Carly & Tresne||6||7||6||6||7||6||38||Eliminated|
|Dishes||Entree||Golden Scallops with Champagne Sabayon, Pancetta Crumb and Watercress|
|Main||Wagyu Scotch Fillet with Roasted Beetroot Salad, Frizzled Onions and Beef Glaze|
|Dessert||Turkish Mousse with Raspberry and Rosewater|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||5||7||7||6||7||7||39||Safe|
|Dishes||Entree||Seared Prawns with Fennel and Leek Purée and Tomato Salsa|
|Main||Roasted Chicken Ballotine with Quinoa and Lentil Salad and Garlic Aioli|
|Dessert||Dark Chocolate Mousse Tart with Strawberries and Pistachios|
- Episode 38
- Airdate — 1 April 2014
- Description — In Kitchen Headquarters, teams cooked meals for the farmers and suppliers of the fresh produce used by the show. It was a celebratory feast to honour and acknowledge their great efforts. Teams had 90 minutes to prepare their dishes right under the watchful eye of the farmers, who all voted for their favourite meal. Judges, Pete and Manu chose the winning team, to be safe from the next two eliminations. The farmers' vote count of the remaining six teams allocated them into two Knock-out groups. 2nd, 4th and 6th place will face off in Group 1 and 1st, 3rd and 5th for Group 2.
|QLD||Paul & Blair||Beef and Prawns with Pickled Vegetables and Nam Jim Sauce||Winners (Safe)|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Asian Pork with Prawns on Watermelon||8||Through to Knock-out: Group 1|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Confit Salmon with Niçoise Salad and Sweet Potato Rösti||4|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Did not participate1||0|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Crab Tortillas with Coleslaw and Tomato Salsa||13||Through to Knock-out: Group 2|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Beef Tortillas with Avocado Salsa and Lime Chili Mayonnaise||7|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Lamb Backstrap with Cauliflower Purée and Salsa Verde||3|
- ^1 - Due to urgent family matters at home, Chloe and Kelly were absent and did not compete in this challenge.
Knock-out: Group 1
- Episode 39
- Airdate — 2 April 2014
- Description — The Knock-out round is split into three parts; The first part was a skills test which required teams to fillet a fish in 10 minutes. The team that did the best job gained an advantage of allocating a main ingredient for themselves and the other teams to use in the second challenge. These included; brains, lemon & limes and ocean trout. Teams must produce a dish with their allocated ingredient in one hour, one team is safe while the other two go into a final Sudden Death round. For this, teams must produce their signature dish for scoring by the guest and host judges, the lower scoring team is eliminated. The two surviving teams advance to the Top 5 finals round.
|Round 1: Skills Test|
|Filleting a fish||Chloe & Kelly|
|Round 2: Cook-off|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||Crispy Brains with Lentils and Green Sauce||Safe|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||Lemon Poached Barramundi with Crispy Potatoes and Leek Purée||Through to Sudden Death|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||Confit Ocean Trout with Asian Herb Salad and Deep Fried Brussels Sprouts|
|Round 3: Sudden Death|
(out of 60)
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||7||7||6||6||7||6||39||Safe|
|Signature Dish||Greek Walnut Cake with Vanilla Crème Anglaise|
|VIC||Josh & Danielle||6||6||6||5||6||6||35||Eliminated|
|Signature Dish||Mexican Spiced Beef in Broth|
Knock-out: Group 2
- Episode 40
- Airdate — 7 April 2014
- Description — The next three teams competed in Group 2 of the knock-outs to secure the last two remaining spots in the Top 5. The first skills test, required teams to successfully truss a piece of beef. Whichever team did the neatest and most successful job gained the advantage to allocate a main ingredient for themselves and the other teams to cook with. Ingredients on offer included, beef, skate wings and chocolate. With their allocated ingredient, teams had one hour to create a dish for judging. One team is safe while the other two head into a final Sudden Death round. Teams must now cook their signature dish to host and guest judges for scoring, the lower scoring team was eliminated while the surviving team takes the last spot in the Top 5.
|Round 1: Skills Test|
|Trussing a beef tenderloin||Cathy & Anna|
|Round 2: Cook-off|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||Skate Wings with Pea Purée and Bubble and Squeak||Safe|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||Chocolate Ravioli with Chocolate Sauce and Orange||Through to Sudden Death|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||Beef Fillet with Cauliflower Purée, Mushrooms and Wilted Spinach|
|Round 3: Sudden Death|
(out of 60)
|SA||Bree & Jessica||8||9||9||8||9||8||51||Safe|
|Signature Dish||Butter Chicken with Red Lentil Dhal and Rice|
|NSW||Cathy & Anna||9||8||9||8||8||8||50||Eliminated|
|Signature Dish||Chermoula Quail With Roasted Baby Carrots And Quinoa Salad|
Ultimate Instant Restaurant
- Episodes 41 to 45
- Airdate — 8 April to 23 April
- Description — The Top 5 teams headed around the country again to compete in an Ultimate Instant restaurant round. All five teams invited their fellow opposing finalists to their homes for a three-course dinner. Unlike the initial rounds, teams now have to cook two dishes of each course and guest teams were able to select any one of each course. Pete and Manu each tried one of the two options, which means they do not score the same dish. The lowest scoring team for this round is eliminated as the top 4 are ranked into the Semi-Finals.
- Colour key:
- – Score for Option 1
- – Score for Option 2
|Team and Episode Details||Guest Scores||Pete's Scores||Manu's Scores||Total
(out of 100)
|QLD||Paul & Blair||—||7||6||6||7||6||6||9||6||7||10||70||1st||Through to Semi-Final 1|
|Ep 41||8 April||Swell|
|Dishes||Entrées||1||Tempura Prawns with Beetroot Puree|
|2||Wasabi & Avocado Soup with Marinated Tuna and Tofu Mayonnaise|
|Mains||1||Crispy Skin Salmon with Moreton Bay Bug Ravioli|
|2||Slow Cooked Beef Cheeks in Soy and Orange Sauce|
|Desserts||1||Triple Chocolate Cheesecake|
|2||Spiced Cake with Lime Sorbet and Salty Coconut Sauce|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||4||—||5||6||3||6||8||4||10||8||5||59||4th||Through to Semi-Final 1|
|Ep 42||9 April||Nouveau|
|Dishes||Entrées||1||Poached Marron with Scallops and Confit Potatoes|
|2||Oxtail and Bone Marrow|
|Mains||1||Capretto with Polenta|
|2||Venison Fillet with Blackberries|
|Desserts||1||Brioche Doughnuts with Elderflower Curd and Fennel Sorbet|
|2||Truffled Truffle with Truffle Ice-Cream|
|TAS||Thalia & Bianca||6||5||—||5||6||4||9||3||8||5||7||58||5th||Eliminated|
|Ep 43||21 April||The Market Kitchen|
|Dishes||Entrées||1||Fried Silverbeet Ravioli with Basil Filling|
|2||Salmon Rillettes with Olive Oil Crackers|
|Mains||1||Blue-Eye Trevalla with Potato Scales and Pea Sauce|
|2||Pinot-Braised Duck with Red Cabbage and Pear Salad|
|Desserts||1||Palm Sugar Bavarois with Poached Pear|
|2||Rhubarb and Hazelnut Tartlet with Cinnamon Ice-Cream|
|SA||Bree & Jessica||6||4||4||—||5||7||4||9||6||10||8||63||3rd||Through to Semi-Final 2|
|Ep 44||22 April||Sage|
|Dishes||Entrées||1||Stuffed Sardines with Orange Reduction|
|2||Eggplant and Haloumi Fritters|
|Mains||1||Chicken Mole with Mexican Rice and Plantains|
|2||Braised Pig Cheeks with Wet Polenta|
|Desserts||1||Roasted Peaches with Marscapone Ice-Cream|
|2||Flan De Cafe with Coconut and Star Anise Churros|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||7||5||6||6||—||9||7||5||9||7||4||65||2nd||Through to Semi-Final 2|
|Ep 45||23 April||Didima|
|Dishes||Entrées||1||Braised Octopus & Clams with Tomato and Peas|
|2||Kataifi Wrapped Prawns with Zucchini Salad|
|Mains||1||Lemon & Oregano Lamb with Greek Beans|
|2||Piri Piri Quail with Saffron Rice and Cucumber Salsa|
|Desserts||1||Galaktoboureko with Ice-Cream and Grilled Figs|
|2||Individual Hazelnut Mousse Cake|
- Episode 46
- Airdate — 27 April 2014
- Description — Paul and Blair face-off Chloe and Kelly in the first semifinal. Teams must cook a three-course meal for guest judges and Pete and Manu, following the Sudden Death format. The winning team advances into the Grand Final as the losing team is eliminated.
(out of 60)
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||8||7||8||8||8||8||47||Through to Grand Final|
|Dishes||Entree||Lobster with Smoked Salmon and Lotus Root|
|Main||Pesce Acqua Pazza with Confit Tomatoes|
|Dessert||Strawberry Champagne Trifle|
|QLD||Paul & Blair||7||8||9||7||7||8||46||Eliminated|
|Dishes||Entree||Pink Snapper with Tomato & Lemongrass Broth|
|Main||Kangaroo Fillet with Baby Beetroot and Blueberry Sauce|
|Dessert||Espresso Parfait with Sesame Seed Wafer|
- Episode 47
- Airdate — 28 April 2014
- Description — The final spot in the Grand final is up for grabs during the second semi-final. Bree and Jessica take on Helena and Vikki for the last time in a three-course Sudden death cook-off. The losing team is eliminated as the winner heads into the Grand Final to face Chloe and Kelly.
(out of 60)
|SA||Bree & Jessica||8||9||9||8||9||9||52||Through to Grand Final|
|Dishes||Entree||Mushroom Wontons with Prawns and Hot & Sour Broth|
|Main||Smoked Duck Breast with Seared Scallops and Asian Greens|
|Dessert||Peach & Apricot Tarte Tatin with Cinnamon Ice Cream|
|VIC||Helena & Vikki||7||7||7||7||7||7||42||Eliminated|
|Dishes||Entree||Scampi Ceviche with Carrot Purée and Watercress Salad|
|Main||Quail with Stuffed Vine Leaves and Avgolemono Sauce|
|Dessert||Burnt Butter Custard with Coffee and Almonds|
- Episode 48
- Airdate — 29 April 2014
- Description — In the final cook-off for the series, the top 2 teams face-off in the ultimate Grand Final. Teams must cook a 5 course meal and serve 20 plates for each course to all eliminated teams, friends and family. Guest judges returned for the final verdict of awarding the $250,000 prize to the winners.
(out of 60)
|SA||Bree & Jessica||9||9||9||9||9||9||54||Winners|
|Dishes||1st course||Beetroot Carpaccio with Cured Salmon|
|2nd course||Open Scallop Lasagne|
|3rd course||Spiced Squab with Heirloom Carrots and Pomegranate Jus|
|4th course||Ouzo & Tomato Braised Lamb with Wilds Greens, Potatoes and Consommé|
|5th course||Deconstructed Chocolate & Rhubarb Tart|
|WA||Chloe & Kelly||9||9||8||8||9||9||52||Runners-up|
|Dishes||1st course||Caprese Salad|
|2nd course||Confit Ocean Trout with Broad Bean Pesto|
|3rd course||Veal Sweetbreads with Morel Mushroom Sauce and Pea Foam|
|4th course||Pig's Trotter Crépinette with Crispy Pig's Ears|
|5th course||Rose Chocolate with Spiced Figs and Pistachio Ice Cream|
- Colour key:
- – Highest rating during the series
- – Lowest rating during the series
- – An elimination was held in this episode
- – Finals week
|1||1||Instant restaurant 1–1: Annie & Jason||Monday, 27 January||1.774||#1||#2|||
|2||Instant restaurant 1–2: Andrew & Emelia||Tuesday, 28 January||1.706||#1||#3|||
|3||Instant restaurant 1–3: Paul & Blair||Wednesday, 29 January||1.797||#1||#1|||
|2||4||Instant restaurant 1–4: Helena & Vikki||Sunday, 2 February||1.793||#1||#4|||
|5||Instant restaurant 1–5: Deb & Rick||Monday, 3 February||1.944||#1||#2|||
|6||Instant restaurant 1–6: Chloe & Kelly||Tuesday, 4 February||2.222||#1||#1|||
|7||Instant restaurant 2–1: Uel & Shannelle||Wednesday, 5 February||1.794||#1||#3|||
|3||8||Instant restaurant 2–2: David & Corinne||Sunday, 9 February||1.745||#3||#6|||
|9||Instant restaurant 2–3: Thalia & Bianca||Monday, 10 February||2.052||#1||#2|||
|10||Instant restaurant 2–4: Harry & Christo||Tuesday, 11 February||1.922||#1||#5|||
|11||Instant restaurant 2–5: Bree & Jessica||Wednesday, 12 February||2.096||#1||#3|||
|4||12||Instant restaurant 2–6: Jess & Felix||Sunday, 16 February||1.967||#2||#5|||
|13||Instant restaurant 3–1: Carly & Tresne||Monday, 17 February||2.020||#1||#2|||
|14||Instant restaurant 3–2: Chloe & Kelly||Tuesday, 18 February||2.012||#1||#3|||
|15||Instant restaurant 3–3: Josh & Danielle||Wednesday, 19 February||2.009||#1||#4|||
|5||16||Instant restaurant 3–4: Harry & Christo||Sunday, 23 February||1.859||#2||#5|||
|17||Instant restaurant 3–5: David & Corinne||Monday, 24 February||2.262||#1||#1|||
|18||Instant restaurant 3–6: Cathy & Anna||Tuesday, 25 February||2.254||#1||#2|||
|19||People's Choice 1: Breakfast at Central||Wednesday, 26 February||1.897||#1||#4|||
|6||20||Food Truck 1: Cronulla, NSW||Sunday, 2 March||1.739||#1||#4|||
|21||Kitchen Cook-off 1||Monday, 3 March||1.816||#1||#1|||
|22||Sudden Death 1||Tuesday, 4 March||1.792||#1||#2|||
|23||People's Choice 2: School Lunch||Wednesday, 5 March||1.761||#1||#3|||
|7||24||Food Truck 2: Melbourne, VIC||Sunday, 9 March||1.655||#2||#5|||
|25||Kitchen Cook-off 2||Monday, 10 March||1.841||#1||#1|||
|26||Sudden Death 2||Tuesday, 11 March||1.828||#1||#2|||
|27||People's Choice 3: Italian Festival||Wednesday, 12 March||1.764||#1||#3|||
|8||28||Food Truck 3: Parramatta, NSW||Sunday, 16 March||1.4241||#3||#7|||
|29||Kitchen Cook-off 3||Monday, 17 March||1.752||#1||#2|||
|30||Sudden Death 3||Tuesday, 18 March||1.774||#1||#1|||
|31||People's Choice 4: Builder's Site BBQ||Wednesday, 19 March||1.695||#1||#4|||
|9||32||Food Truck 4: Brisbane, QLD||Sunday, 23 March||1.650||#2||#6|||
|33||Kitchen Cook-off 4||Monday, 24 March||1.753||#1||#4|||
|34||Sudden Death 4||Tuesday, 25 March||1.847||#2||#3|||
|35||People's Choice 5: Pop-Up Restaurant||Wednesday, 26 March||1.733||#1||#5|||
|10||36||Kitchen Cook-off 5||Sunday, 30 March||1.671||#2||#7|||
|37||Sudden Death 5||Monday, 31 March||1.750||#1||#4|||
|38||Farmer's Challenge||Tuesday, 1 April||1.733||#2||#5|||
|39||Knock-out: Group 1||Wednesday, 2 April||1.752||#1||#3|||
|11||40||Knock-out: Group 2||Monday, 7 April||1.723||#1||#7|||
|41||Ultimate Instant Restaurant 1: Paul & Blair||Tuesday, 8 April||1.816||#1||#5|||
|42||Ultimate Instant Restaurant 2: Chloe & Kelly||Wednesday, 9 April||1.783||#4||#6|||
|12||43||Ultimate Instant Restaurant 3: Thalia & Bianca||Monday, 21 April||2.006||#1||#3|||
|44||Ultimate Instant Restaurant 4: Bree & Jessica||Tuesday, 22 April||2.175||#1||#1|||
|45||Ultimate Instant Restaurant 5: Helena & Vikki||Wednesday, 23 April||2.081||#1||#2|||
|13||46||Semifinal 1||Sunday, 27 April||2.003||#1||#4|||
|47||Semifinal 2||Monday, 28 April||2.088||#1||#3|||
|48||Grand Final||Tuesday, 29 April||2.408||#2||#2|||
- ^ South Australian viewers excluded.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 27 January 2014". TV Tonight. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 28 January 2014". TV Tonight. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 29 January 2014". TV Tonight. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 2 February 2014". TV Tonight. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 3 February 2014". TV Tonight. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 4 February 2014". TV Tonight. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 5 February 2014". TV Tonight. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 9 February 2014". TV Tonight. 18 February 2014. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 10 February 2014". TV Tonight. 22 February 2014. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 10 February 2014". TV Tonight. 22 February 2014. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 11 February 2014". TV Tonight. 22 February 2014. Archived from the original on 4 March 2014. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 16 February 2014". TV Tonight. 26 February 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 17 February 2014". TV Tonight. 26 February 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 18 February 2014". TV Tonight. 26 February 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 19 February 2014". TV Tonight. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 23 February 2014". TV Tonight. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 24 February 2014". TV Tonight. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 25 February 2014". TV Tonight. 9 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 26 February 2014". TV Tonight. 9 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 2 March 2014". TV Tonight. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 3 March 2014". TV Tonight. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 4 March 2014". TV Tonight. 14 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 5 March 2014". TV Tonight. 14 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 9 March". TV Tonight. 19 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 10 March". TV Tonight. 19 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 11 March". TV Tonight. 23 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 11 March". TV Tonight. 23 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 16 March". TV Tonight. 25 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 17 March". TV Tonight. 25 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 18 March". TV Tonight. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 19 March". TV Tonight. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 23 March". TV Tonight. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 24 March". TV Tonight. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 25 March". TV Tonight. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 26 March". TV Tonight. 5 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 30 March". TV Tonight. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 31 March". TV Tonight. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 1 April". TV Tonight. 10 April 2014. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 2 April". TV Tonight. 10 April 2014. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 7 April". TV Tonight. 15 April 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 8 April". TV Tonight. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 9 April". TV Tonight. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 21 April". TV Tonight. 29 April 2014. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 22 April". TV Tonight. 1 May 2014. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Wednesday 23 April". TV Tonight. 1 May 2014. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Sunday 27 April". TV Tonight. 7 May 2014. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Monday 28 April". TV Tonight. 7 May 2014. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Timeshifted: Tuesday 29 April 2014". TV Tonight. 7 May 2014. Retrieved 9 May 2014.