My Little Girl (song)
|"My Little Girl"|
|Single by Tim McGraw|
|from the album Tim McGraw Reflected: Greatest Hits Vol. 2 and Flicka|
|Released||August 7, 2006|
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"My Little Girl" is a song co-written and performed by American country music singer Tim McGraw that reached the top three on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. It was released in August 2006 as the second single from his CD, Tim McGraw Reflected: Greatest Hits Vol. 2. The song was also featured on the 2006 movie, Flicka. It was nominated by the Broadcast Film Critics Association for Best Song in 2006. It is also the first single that Tim co-wrote. It was written by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas.
The narrator dedicated this song to his daughter to show her how much he loves her.
Kevin John Coyne, reviewing the song for Country Universe, gave it a negative rating. He said that the song is "so sugary-sweet it can cause cavities." He then says that compared to his last single, "When The Stars Go Blue", this song is a letdown.
The video shows many scenes from the movie, Flicka, while McGraw is shown singing the song with his band in front of an orchestra. It was directed by Sherman Halsey. It was released in late September, 2006.
"My Little Girl" debuted at number 51 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for the week of August 12, 2006.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|US Billboard Hot 100||35|
|US Billboard Pop 100||49|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||15|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||56|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||54|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Coyne, Kevin John (2006-09-07). "Tim McGraw - "My Little Girl"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Tim McGraw – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw – Chart history" Billboard Adult Contemporary for Tim McGraw.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Best of 2007: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2007. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Tim McGraw – My Little Girl". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved September 27, 2012. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|