Theatrical release poster.
|Directed by||Eric Khoo|
|Distributed by||ARP Selection|
My Magic is a 2008 Singaporean Tamil language drama film directed by Eric Khoo and produced by Zhao Wei Films in association with Infinite Frameworks. My Magic was the first Singapore film to be nominated for the Palme D'Or, the top award for film at the Cannes Film Festival. It has been also selected as Singapore's official entry for the Oscars in 2009. It was released in Singapore cinemas on 25 September 2008.
A single father takes a job as a magician to provide for his son, only to be pressured into dangerous acts.
- Bosco Francis
- Jathisweran as Rajr
- Grace Kalaiselvi
- Jason Lim
- Seet Keng-yew
Derek Elley of Variety wrote that it "walks a thin line ... between sympathy with and exploitation of its main character's woes". Maggie Lee of The Hollywood Reporter called it a "one trick pony" that engages in schadenfreude and sentimentality instead of living up to the premise's possibilities as a heartbreaking father-son story.
- Tan, Valarie. "Singapore film "My Magic" steals limelight at Cannes Film Festival", Channel NewsAsia, 2008-06-03. Retrieved on 2009-04-10.
- "2008 Singapore Yearly Box Office". Box Office Mojo. IMDB. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Yahoo! Singapore Movies Yahoo! Southeast Asia Pte Ltd.
- Elley, Derek (2008-05-25). "Review: 'My Magic'". Variety. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- Lee, Maggie (2008-05-30). "Film Review: My Magic". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- Fang, Joy (2008-12-30). "Cheers, cheers and more cheers!". My Paper. Retrieved 2016-04-08 – via AsiaOne.
|This article related to a Singaporean film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|