My People, My Homeland
|My People, My Homeland|
|Literal meaning||me and my homeland|
|Hanyu Pinyin||wǒ hé wǒ de jiāxiāng|
|Produced by||Ruifang Liu|
|Box office||$422.3 million|
My People, My Homeland (Chinese: 我和我的家乡) is a 2020 Chinese anthology comedy film. The film consists of five short stories that take place in Beijing, Guizhou, Shaanxi, Hangzhou, and Shenyang. The film was a financial success, grossing over $422.3 million worldwide. The film is a sequel to My People, My Country (2019), and it is followed by another sequel, My Country, My Parents (2021).
Beijing Good People
An interesting story about Zhang Beijing helping his uncle's treatment in Beijing.
UFO fell from the sky
The UFO appeared in Afu Village in Qiannan, Guizhou. Reporter Tang, scientists Dong Xuexue and Xiao Qin of the "Re-entry Science" project team went deep into the village to investigate. Village chief Wang Shouzheng and businessman Wang Chuqi warmly welcomed the three, but during the investigation, there were others who had other ideas.
Lao Fan suffers from Alzheimer's disease. His children sought help from Wangxi Village and wanted to repeat the last lesson of 1992 to help Teacher Fan recover his memory. The students of Teacher Fan did their best to recover the "children" and the downpour.
The Way Home
"Sand Apple" distributor Qiao Shulin and e-commerce anchor Yan Feiyan went back to their hometown when they returned to their alma mater to participate in the celebration. The touching story of Qiao Shulin who loves bragging and Yan Feiyan who dislikes him.
Ma Liang was born in a mountain village in the northeast. He gave up his studies at a key Russian art school and returned to his hometown to help his hometown develop. In order not to let his wife Qiuxia find out, he and the villagers are pretending to live in Russia. By chance, Qiuxia went to Ma Liang's hometown.
|A Mystery of UFO||Chen Sicheng||Sicheng Chen
|Xiao'ou Hu||Michael Liu||Hongjia Tang|
|The Way Back to Hometown||Chao Deng
|Zhao Lin||Max Da-Yung Wang||Yiran Tu|
|A Beijing Good Person||Ning Hao||Ziye Wang
|Li Heng||Boxue Wang||Aiyu Qiao|
|The Magical Touches||Da-Mo Peng
|Fei Peng||Ming Sun||Xiaolin Zhou|
|The Last Class||Xu Zheng||Bululufu
The film became the twelfth highest-grossing film in China with box office earnings at RMB 2.83 billion.
|Date||Award||Category||Recipient(s) and nominee(s)||Result||Notes|
|2021||34th Golden Rooster Awards||Special Jury Prize||My People, My Homeland||Won|||
- ^ a b "Wo He Wo De Jia Xiang (2020) - Financial Information". The Numbers.
- ^ "China Box Office: 'My People, My Homeland' Soars Past $300M as Recovery Continues | Hollywood Reporter". www.hollywoodreporter.com. 12 October 2020.
- ^ "At The Movies: Patriotic pride helps storytelling in Chinese anthology film My People, My Homeland". The Straits Times. October 7, 2020.
- ^ Mendelson, Scott. "Box Office: 'Jiang Ziya' And 'My People My Homeland' Nab Boffo National Day Debuts In China". Forbes.
- ^ Tartaglione, Nancy (October 4, 2020). "'Tenet' Tops $300M Global; China's National Day Pics Lead 2020 WW Openers & Set IMAX Records – International Box Office".
- ^ "新京报 - 好新闻，无止境". www.bjnews.com.cn. Retrieved 2020-11-17.
- ^ "My People, My Homeland".
- ^ "影片总票房排行榜". piaofang.maoyan.com. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- ^ 第34届中国电影金鸡奖完整名单. qq.com (in Chinese). 30 December 2021. Retrieved 4 January 2022.