My Step Alliance
|Founded||1 August 2018|
|Political position||Center, Center-left to center-right|
|Alliance of||Civil Contract|
88 / 132
The My Step Alliance (Armenian: «Իմ Քայլը» դաշինք; Im Kaylə dashink’) is a political alliance formed by the Civil Contract party, the Mission Party and various representatives of the civil society. It was formed in August 2018, before the Yerevan City Council election, 2018. The leader of the alliance is the Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan.
On 31 March, at the beginning of the 2018 Armenian revolution, Nikol Pashinyan and a group of supporters began a march from Gyumri, Armenia's second largest city. The campaign, named "My Step", was declared with the intention to prevent Sargsyan's election as prime minister on 17 April.
|Civil Contract||Liberal||Center||Nikol Pashinyan|
|Mission Party||Liberal||Center||Manuk Sukiasyan|
88 / 132
Yerevan City Council elections
|Election||Mayor candidate||Votes||%||Seats in City Council|
57 / 65
- Edwards, Maxim (13 December 2018). "Armenia's Revolution Will Not be Monopolized". Foreign Policy.
- Zolyan, Mikael (16 May 2018). "What to Expect from Armenia's New Leader". Carnegie Moscow Center.
Pashinyan and his circle are generally perceived in Armenia as representatives of the liberal-democratic wing.
- Liakhov, Peter (June 2018). "The End of Armenia's Old Regime". Jacobin.
In reality, the pledges of his government have shown the new regime to be firmly within the tradition of European liberalism: promising free, fair, and transparent elections, alongside the dismantling of corrupt state structures and economic monopolies and their replacement with meritocratic institutions and market mechanisms.
- Melkonian, Markar (25 May 2018). "Armenia: No Organization, No Real Change". Hetq.
- Yegparian, Garen (12 October 2018). "Revolutionary Elections?". Asbarez.
- Carroll, Oliver (3 May 2018). "Nikol Pashinyan: Who is Armenia's protest leader and probable next prime minister". The Independent.
- "Armenia election: reformist PM Nikol Pashinian wins convincing victory". The Guardian. 10 December 2018.
- "Armenia election: PM Nikol Pashinyan wins by landslide". BBC News. 10 December 2018.
...the centrist My Step Alliance, which includes Mr Pashinyan's Civil Contract Party...
- "Armenia PM's bloc takes lead in snap parliamentary polls: early results". Agence France-Presse. 10 December 2018.
The centrist My Step bloc also includes the Mission Party headed by rights activist Manuk Sukiasyan.
- Avinyan, Tigran (23 November 2018). "Այսօր իրականում 23.11.18" (in Armenian). Armenian Public TV.
22:20 այո, կան չափավոր ձախականներ, չափավոր աջականներ, չափավոր կոնսերվատորներ, չափավոր ազատականներ
- Gabrielian, Sisak; Kaghzvantsian, Satenik (2 April 2018). "Armenian Opposition Group Starts Walking Tour In Regime Change Bid". RFE/RL.
- Armenia acting PM: We most likely will run in snap parliamentary election with My Step alliance