My Wild Irish Rose
|My Wild Irish Rose|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||David Butler|
|Written by||Peter Milne|
|Music by||Max Steiner|
William V. Skall
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|December 27, 1947|
|Box office||$3.4 million (US rentals) or $4,890,000|
A fictionalized bio-pic of Chauncey Olcott, the film traces the rise of an Irish-American tenor to stardom at the end of the 19th century and start of the 20th.
Olcott's original composition of the same name was included in the film's music and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Scoring of a Musical Picture.
- Dennis Morgan as Chauncey Olcott
- Arlene Dahl as Rose Donovan
- Andrea King as Lillian Russell
- Alan Hale, Sr. as John Donovan
- George Tobias as Nick Popolis
- Ben Blue as Hopper
- George O'Brien as William "Duke" Muldoon
- William Frawley as William J. Scanlan
According to Warner Bros records, the film earned $3,921,000 domestically and $969,000 foreign.
- Warner Bros financial information in The William Shaefer Ledger. See Appendix 1, Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, (1995) 15:sup1, 1-31 p 28 DOI: 10.1080/01439689508604551
- "Top Grossers of 1948", Variety 5 January 1949 p 46
- "My Wild Irish Rose" – via www.imdb.com.
Media related to My Wild Irish Rose (1947 film) at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a musical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|