Myanmar Peace Centre
|Formation||3 November 2012|
|Headquarters||Kamayut Township, Yangon, Myanmar|
|Soe Thein, Khin Yi, Kyaw Yin Hlaing, Hla Maung Shwe, Aung Naing Oo, Min Zaw Oo, Kyaw Soe Naing|
|Affiliations||Peace Support Donor Group|
The Myanmar Peace Centre (Burmese: မြန်မာနိုင်ငံငြိမ်းချမ်းရေး ပြန်လည်ထူထောင်ရေးလုပ်ငန်း ဗဟိုဌာန; abbreviated MPC) is an organization to provide technical support to the peacemaking process in Myanmar (Burma), including implementing and managing ceasefire agreements and facilitating dialogue on political issues.
Vision and mission
It coordinates peace initiatives and acts as a service centre for donor governments and international non-governmental organisations that want to support the peace process. In addition, it will serve as a platform for government officials, members of ethnic militia groups, civil society organisations, international donors and international non-governmental organisations to meet and negotiate.
The Myanmar Peace centre coordinates government activities in five key areas:
- Ceasefire negotiations and implementation
- Peace negotiations and political dialogue
- Coordination of assistance in conflict affected areas
- Outreach and public diplomacy
- Mine Actions
- Myanmar Peace Center. "Myanmar Peace Center". Mmpeacemonitor.org. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Peace Centre to open this month". Mmtimes.com. 8 October 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "in Myanmar". UNOPS. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Peace Brokers Lack a Mandate: Myanmar Expert". Irrawaddy.org. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Govt Peace Plan. "Government peace plan". Mmpeacemonitor.org. Retrieved 13 April 2014.