|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Alignment||Lawful neutral (1e - 3,5e), unaligned (4e), Lawful neutral (5e)|
|Type||Fey humanoid (plant)|
|Source books||Monster Manual 2 (2010)|
|First appearance||In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords|
- 1 Publication history
- 2 Description
- 3 In other media
- 4 References
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition (1977-1988)
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition (1989-1999)
Dungeons & Dragons 3.0 and 3.5 edition (2000-2007)
The junior worker myconid, the average worker myconid, the elder worker myconid, the myconid guard, the myconid circle leader, and the myconid king appeared in Dragon issue #292 (February 2002), and the third edition Monster Manual II (2002). The myconid venom spore appeared in the adventure Expedition to Undermountain (2007).
Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition (2008-2014)
The myconid rotpriest, myconid sovereign, and myconid guard appears in the fourth edition Monster Manual 2 (2008), also the myconid gas spore and myconid colony swarm appeared in the Underdark supplement (2010).
Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition (2014-)
Myconids appear prominently in the main Monster Manual for the first time in the 5th Edition Monster Manual, including the Myconid Sprout, the Myconid Adult and the Myconid Sovereign, as well as a sample Quaggoth Spore Servant.
In other media
Hostile myconids appear as enemies in the computer games Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Populating the caves of the Dragon's Eye and under Athkatla respectively, they regularly attempt to confuse the player's party members before attacking them with strong melee attacks.
- Mentzer, Frank. "Ay pronunseeAY shun gyd" Dragon #93 (TSR, 1985)
- Gygax, Gary (1983). Monster Manual II. TSR.
- Cook, David "Zeb"; et al. (1989). Monstrous Compendium Volume Two. TSR.
- Doug, Stewart, ed. (1993). Monstrous Manual. TSR.
- Bonny, Ed; Grubb, Jeff; Redman, Rich; Williams, Skip; Winter, Steve (2002). Monster Manual II. Wizards of the Coast.
- Heinsoo, Rob; Schubert, Stephen (2010). Monster Manual 2. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 978-0-7869-5101-7.
- Heinsoo, Rob; Collins, Andy (2010). Underdark. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 978-0-7869-5387-5.
- Mearls, Mike, Stephen Schubert, and James Wyatt. p.230-232, Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2014)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|