Myerscough (UK: // MIRE-skoh, locally // MAH-skrə, US: // MIRE-skowf) is an English surname, which is most common in Lancashire. The name originates from the hamlet of Myerscough, in the parish of Myerscough and Bilsborrow near Preston, which has been an important land holding by the Duchy of Lancaster since 1267. Although the name originates from a hamlet near Preston, the town with the highest proportions of Myerscough's is Fleetwood in Lancashire. The name is virtually unheard of in the midlands and the south of England. People with the name are used to it being pronounced or spelt incorrectly, mainly due to people being unfamiliar with the name and pronouncing it how they think it is pronounced or spelt. Historically the name had the more phonetic spelling 'Myerscoe'.
People of note with the surname Myerscough
- Bill Myerscough, Former British Footballer (deceased)
- Carl Myerscough, British athlete 
- Clarence Myerscough, British violinist (deceased)
- Henry Myerscough, British viola player (deceased)
- Joseph Myerscough, Former British Footballer (deceased) 
- Melissa Myerscough, American athlete
- Samuel Myerscough, British Musician (deceased) 
- Sarah Myerscough, Artist and Sculptor
- Sue E. Myerscough, American judge
- Valerie Myerscough (1942-1980), British mathematician and astrophysicist
- "Expired website | This website has expired". Stevensheila.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- [dead link]
- "Athletics photographic encyclopedia, athlete, olympic games, world championship, european championship & hero images by". Sporting-heroes.net. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Clarence Myerscough". The Guardian. London. 2000-11-10. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- "Joseph Myerscough Manchester United Stats & Player Profile". Mufcinfo.com. 1975-07-29. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Athlete profile for Melissa Myerscough". Iaaf.org. 1979-09-05. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "The Cottonian : Volume 43 : Part 1 : Autumn 1954" (PDF). Cottoncollege.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Blackpool Gazette – Imagineers on the move". www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
|surname Myerscough. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|