|International Airport Mykolaiv
Міжнародний аэропорт «Миколаїв»
Международный аэропорт «Николаев»
Mizhnаrodnyi аеroport Mykolaiv
|IATA: NLV – ICAO: UKON|
|Serves||Mykolaiv (Nikolaev), Mykolaiv Oblast, Ukraine|
|Elevation AMSL||56 m / 184 ft|
Mykolaiv International Airport, also known as Nikolaev Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт Миколаїв, Russian: Международный аэропорт Николаев) (IATA: NLV, ICAO: UKON) is an airport in Mykolaiv (Nikolaev), in the Mykolaiv Oblast of Ukraine.
It is one of the largest and most technically equipped airports in the South of Ukraine. Class B airport has a modern runway ready to receive aircraft with landing weight up to 220 tonnes (220 long tons; 240 short tons) and to hold eight "IL-76" aircraft equipped with lighting, radio and navigation equipment. The airport is also increased to receive the Airbus 310.
The air terminal complex before 2013 had a throughput capacity up to 400 passengers per hour on internal airline flights and up to 100 passengers per hour on international flights. Since late 2014 the throughput capacity is 300 persons per hour.
In 1960 Nikolaev Airport was made into a passenger airport. With of the flow of passengers, in 1975 the boarding terminal was built.
In 1993, the new passenger terminal was built. In that year the airport received its certiciate for the third category of International organization of passenger aviation (IKAO) as an airport for internal flights in the USSR with the right to accept Ty-134 airplanes and airplanes of similar classes.
In order to have the possibility of receiving and serving airplanes like the Тu (Tupolev)-154, Il(Ilushin)-76, Аn(Antonov)-22, and Il-62, in 1989 the boarding gate at Nikolaev Airport was upgraded.
In 1992 the Nikolaev Airport passed the international certification, through which he was able to accept and handle aircraft from other countries.
Privatization attempt, closure and resuming operations in 2014
In April 2007, Mykolaiv Oblast (County) Council decided to joint-stockicize the airport, with the goal of subsequent privatization. In March 2008, the Oblast (County) Council created a commission for privatization of the enterprise, Mykolaiv International Airport.
In January 2009, the Mykolaiv Oblast State Administration reorganized the cooperative enterprise Mykolaiv International Airport into an open stock society.
In October 2010, the Mykolaiv Oblast Council canceled its decision to privatize the cooperative enterprise, Mykolaiv International Airport and to reorganize the airport into a public stock society. As was communicated in the session of the County Council, of Mykolaiv County State Administration Igor Katvaluk said: "Until today, not one serious buyer or interested party came to us to invest in our airport. The furthest finding of the airport in procedure of privatization is held its development as a cooperative enterprise".
In June 2011, the Mayor of the Oblast Council, Igor Dyatlov asked what support the idea of privatization on the condition of the before term presented airport development plan.
Then the airport felt into disarray so that by September 2014 buildings, facilities and customs and border checkpoint had to be prepared to resume operations after the Mykolaiv Oblast State Administration had decided one month earlier to re-open the airport.
- Mykolaiv airport resumes operation, Interfax Ukraine (24 September 2014)
- Airport information for UKON at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for UKON at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Accident history for NLV at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for Mykolaiv International Airport at Search (for) Travel website.
- "История". Международный аэропорт Николаев. Archived from the original on 2012-02-25. Retrieved 2012-01-04.
- "Аэропорт "Николаев" реорганизован из КП в ОАО". Транспортный бизнес. 2009-02-02. Retrieved 2012-01-04.
- "Николаевский облсовет отменил приватизацию аэропорта "Николаев"". Ъ.Украина-Новости. 2010-10-22. Retrieved 2012-01-04.
- "Глава облсовета Игорь Дятлов пояснил, кто и когда сможет приватизировать аэропорт "Николаев"". Николаевские новости. 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2012-01-04.