Mykonos Island National Airport
|Mykonos Island National Airport
Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Μυκόνου
|Operator||Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture|
|Location||Mykonos Island, Greece|
|Elevation AMSL||405 ft / 123 m|
Source: World Aero Data 
The airport first operated in 1971.
In December 2015 the privatisation of Mykonos Island National Airport and 13 other regional airports of Greece was finalised with the signing of the agreement between the Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture and the state privatisation fund. "We signed the deal today," the head of Greece's privatisation agency HRADF, Stergios Pitsiorlas, told Reuters. According to the agreement, the joint venture will operate the 14 airports (including Mykonos Island National Airport) for 40 years as of autumn 2016.
During the off-peak tourist season the airport has limited flight connections and operating hours. On the other hand, during the 2014 peak summer season it was found necessary to severely limit general aviation activity, allowing only a technical stop of 2 hours.
Airlines and destinations
The transfer time from the town to the airport is about 10 minutes. There is no public service operating from the town to the airport. A taxi rank is situated in front of the terminal. The cost of a taxi to the town is between €5 and €10. Many hotels also offer a transfer to the airport by private mini buses.
- "Mikonos – Lgmk". World Aero Data.
- https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/PilotWeb/notamRetrievalByICAOAction.do?method=displayByICAOs&reportType=RAW&formatType=DOMESTIC&retrieveLocId=LGMK&actionType=notamRetrievalByICAOs Notam B0713/14
- "AtlasGlobal Adds 3 European Routes in S16". airlineroute. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Blu-express open seasonal routes from Bologna to Greece". Blu-express.com.
- "British Airways New Routes Summer 2014 | Continental Club Blog". Blog.continentalclub.co.uk.
- "Vueling open 24 new routes from Rome". Vuelingnews.com.