Sacraed Heart Church
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Mylapra is a village in Pathanamthitta district in the Indian state of Kerala. It comes under the Mylapra Panchayath. Mylapra is a fast-developing town and business center. It is on the way to the famous Hindu pilgrim center of Sabarimala. The Main Eastern Highway (Punalur–Pathanamthitta–Muvattupuzha Road/SH-08) passes through Mylapra.
The word mylapra is derived from two Malayalam words myle (a peacock) and appuram (the other side). It is believed that a hunter used a sword to kill a peacock but the peacock escaped narrowly and fell on one side and the sword hit the other. This was the birth of the names of two places, viz Mylapra and Vettipuram. "Myle (peacock) appuram (that side), Vett (cut) ipuram (this side). The side where the peacock fell is named Mylapra; the side where the sword fell is Vettipuram.
- Mylapra Devi Temple
- Devi temple, Kumbazha North
- NSS Karayogam, Mylapra
- SNDP Kumbazha North Temple
- St. George Orthodox Church, Mylapra
- Sacred Heart Malankara Catholic Church, Mylapra
- Salem Mar Thoma Syrian Church, Mylapra
- Palamoodu Mar Kuriakose Orthodox Church, Kumbazha North
- Salem Brethren Assembly, Mylapra.
- St. Thomas Orthodox Chapel Mannapuzha.
- St. Mary's Catholic Church Marygiri, Kattadi.
- Bethany Ashram, Mylapra
- Mar Kuriakose Orthodox Dayara, Kumbazha North
- Mount Bethany English Higher Secondary School, Mylapra
- Sacred Heart Higher Secondary School, Mylapra (Kerala Board)
- N.M.L.P School, Mylapra (Kerala Board)
- Government L.P School, Mylapra (Kerala Board)
Teacher Training Institute
- Sacred Heart Teachers Training College, Mylapra
Industrial Training Institute
- Mar Philoxenos ITI, Mylapra
- St. George Auditorium, Mylapra
- State Bank of Travancore
- South Indian Bank
- Mylapra Service Co Operative Bank
- Kumbazha North Service Co Operative Bank
- Federal Bank
- Amrutha Farmers Super Market
- Myfood Roller Flour Factory
- "Census of India: Villages with population 5000 & above". Retrieved 2008-12-10.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
|This article related to a location in Pathanamthitta district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|