October 31, 1988
Hazel Park, Michigan, United States
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10.4 st)|
|Reach||73.0 in (185 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Gilbert, Arizona|
|Team||Power MMA Team, Fuse MMA (current), Alliance MMA (former)|
|Rank||Black belt in Jury Jiu Jitsu and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Carlos "Caique" Elias|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Myles Madison Jury (born October 31, 1988) is an American mixed martial artist. He is currently signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, competing in the featherweight division. He is a Black Belt in Jury Jiu Jitsu and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Jury was born in Hazel Park, Michigan and was raised in a broken home, as his parents divorced when he was two years old causing Jury to live with his father who was a roofer. Jury began wrestling in the seventh grade at Beecher Junior High in Hazel Park, MI and demonstrated his grappling talents early, going 12-2 in his first year. Jury then began training in Brazilian jiu-jitsu at the age of 13, being taken under the wing of Professor Don Richard. From there, Jury transitioned into MMA when he was 14 and had his first fight when he was 15. Jury later moved to nearby Fenton, Michigan with his mother and step-father, a mechanic. Jury attended Fenton High School, where he won the district championship and received All-State honors in his senior year. Jury then attended Oakland Community College, but stopped to focus more on training.
Mixed martial arts career
Jury made his professional MMA debut in October 2005. Prior to appearing on The Ultimate Fighter, he competed primarily for the King of the Cage promotion in California. In his first five years as a fighter he amassed a record of 9-0, with all of his wins coming in the first round. Fury earned his black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu under Professor Don Richard (who is a black belt under Master Caique). From there he started his own MMA Affiliate system teaching wrestling, striking, and jiu-jitsu for MMA; Jury Jiu Jitsu.
The Ultimate Fighter
Myles Jury had two stints on the Ultimate Fighter. His first stint was on TUF 13, when he tore his ACL in the first episode and was sidelined for a year without being able to train. But he was able to compete on TUF 15 as was one of the 32 Lightweight fighters announced by the UFC to participate in the first live season of The Ultimate Fighter reality show.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Jury was expected to face Anthony Pettis on July 25, 2015 at UFC on Fox 16. However, Pettis pulled out of the bout on May 8 and was replaced by Edson Barboza. Subsequently, Jury pulled out of the fight citing injury and was replaced by Paul Felder.
For his next bout, Jury moved to the featherweight division to face Charles Oliveira on December 19, 2015 at UFC on Fox 17. In the lead up to the fight Oliveira missed weight for the bout and it was subsequently contested at a catchweight. Oliveira won the fight via submission in the first round.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|18 matches||16 wins||2 losses|
|Win||16–2||Mike De La Torre||TKO (elbows and punches)||UFC 210||April 8, 2017||1||3:30||Buffalo, New York, United States|
|Loss||15–2||Charles Oliveira||Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs. Cerrone 2||December 19, 2015||1||3:05||Orlando, Florida, United States||Featherweight debut; Oliveira missed weight (150.5 lbs).|
|Loss||15–1||Donald Cerrone||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 182||January 3, 2015||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||15–0||Takanori Gomi||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Nelson||September 20, 2014||1||1:32||Saitama, Japan|
|Win||14–0||Diego Sanchez||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 171||March 15, 2014||3||5:00||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Win||13–0||Mike Ricci||Decision (split)||UFC 165||September 21, 2013||3||5:00||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||12–0||Ramsey Nijem||KO (punch)||UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Melendez||April 20, 2013||2||1:02||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||11–0||Michael Johnson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 155||December 29, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||10–0||Chris Saunders||Submission (guillotine choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale||June 1, 2012||1||4:03||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||9–0||Sam Oropeza||Submission (standing rear-naked choke)||KOTC: No Mercy||September 17, 2010||1||2:55||Mashantucket, Connecticut, United States|
|Win||8–0||David Herlein||TKO (punches)||XCC: Rumble in Royal Oak 5||January 16, 2010||1||0:48||Royal Oak, Michigan, United States|
|Win||7–0||Garrett Olson||Submission (armbar)||KOTC: Strike Point||October 10, 2009||1||1:09||Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||6–0||Tyrone Holmes||TKO (punches)||KOTC: Encore||June 19, 2009||1||2:20||Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States|
|Win||5–0||Karl Kelly||Submission (punches)||KOTC: Insanity||April 4, 2009||1||0:20||Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||4–0||Marcus Ajian||Submission (punches)||KOTC: Anticipation||November 26, 2008||1||0:49||Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States|
|Win||3–0||Darrell Mitchell||TKO (elbows)||KOTC: Level One||October 18, 2008||1||0:57||Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||2–0||Joshua Taibl||TKO (punches)||KOTC: Settlement||June 13, 2008||1||1:20||Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States|
|Win||1–0||Brad Johnson||KO (head kick)||MFL: Michigan Fight League||February 15, 2008||1||0:12||Michigan, United States|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|2 matches||1 win||1 loss|
|Loss||1–1||Al Iaquinta||Decision (split)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||March 30, 2012 (airdate)||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Preliminary round; Fight of the season|
|Win||1–0||Akbarh Arreola||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||March 9, 2012 (airdate)||1||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Elimination round|
Mixed martial arts amateur record
|Amateur record breakdown|
|6 matches||6 wins||0 losses|
|Win||6-0||Joel Roberts||KO (punches)||KOTC: Bad Boys||November 21, 2007||1||1:35||Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States|
|Win||5-0||Paul Robert Martin||KO (punch)||KOTC: Explosion||June 15, 2007||1||0:31||Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States|
|Win||4-0||Scott Bickerstaff||TKO (punches)||KOTC: Mass Destruction||January 26, 2007||1||N/A||Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States|
|Win||3-0||Mikey Bennett||Submission (rear-naked choke)||KOTC: Meltdown||October 7, 2006||1||1:45||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States|
|Win||2-0||Dan Loman||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Shooto: Battle of the Belts||May 19, 2006||2||3:34||St. Louis, Missouri, United States|
|Win||1-0||Adam Mohr||Submission (guillotine choke)||Shooto: Battle at the Ballpark 2||October 22, 2005||1||1:17||St. Louis, Missouri, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC 182 Jones vs. Cormier". UFC.com. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Undefeated UFC prospect Myles "Fury" Jury receives BJJ Black belt". BJPenn.com. December 9, 2013.
- "Myles Jury - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Myles Jury UFC Bio". Retrieved 2014. Check date values in:
- "'The Ultimate Fighter 15' cast unveiled with 32 lightweight fighters". MMAJunkie.com. February 27, 2012. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- "Episode No. 4 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live'". MMAJunkie.com. March 30, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "TUF Live Finale adds Jury-Saunders". MMAJunkie.com. May 23, 2012. Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Lightweight bout between Michael Johnson, Myles Jury headed to UFC 155". mmajunkie.com. October 24, 2012.
- "UFC on FOX 7 adds Jury-Nijem". mmajunkie.com. February 7, 2013.
- "Myles Jury vs. Mike Ricci added to UFC 165". MMAfighting.com. June 14, 2013.
- Steven Marrocco (2013-09-22). "UFC 165 results and photos: Myles Jury stays unbeaten, splits with Mike Ricci". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-09-22.
- Mookie Alexander. "Diego Sanchez vs. Myles Jury set for UFC 171". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- Dave Doyle (2014-03-15). "UFC 171 results: Myles Jury shuts down Diego Sanchez". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- Damon Martin (2014-04-24). "Myles Jury vs. Abel Trujillo agreed for UFC Fight Night in San Antonio". msn.foxsports.com. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- Ariel Helwani (2014-06-06). "Myles Jury out of UFC Fight Night in San Antonio". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- "Sherdog results for UFC Fight Night in Japan". sherdog.com.
- Damon Martin (2014-09-20). "Myles Jury scorches Takanori Gomi with first-round TKO". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- Staff (2013-10-29). "Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury gets co-main status at UFC 182". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- Staff (2015-01-03). "Donald Cerrone Dominates Myles Jury in Co-Main Event". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2015-01-03.
- Staff (2015-01-03). "Myles Jury vs Donald Cerrone fight review and analysis". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2015-01-03.
- Staff (2015-04-14). "T.J. Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II headlines UFC on FOX 16; Pettis-Jury and Tate-Eye also set for July 25 event". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- Scott Harris (2015-05-08). "Anthony Pettis injured once again, Edson Barboza replaces him against Myles Jury". bleacherreport.com. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2015-06-09). "Myles Jury out, Paul Felder in against Edson Barboza at UFC on FOX 16". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Matt Erickson (2015-10-07). "Myles Jury drops to featherweight, meets Charles Oliveira at UFC on FOX 17 in Orlando". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- Staff (2015-12-18). "UFC on FOX 17 official weigh-in results: Some confusion atop the scale". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- John Morgan (2015-12-19). "UFC on FOX 17 results: Overweight Charles Oliveira taps out Myles Jury in first". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-19.
- Brian Martin (2017-03-02). "UFC 210 adds Myles Jury vs. Michael De La Torre". dailynews.com. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- Ben Fowlkes (2017-04-08). "UFC 210 results: Myles Jury bloodies Mike De La Torre, snaps losing skid with first-round finish". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-04-08.