A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2014)
|Birth name||Maneepat Myra Molloy|
|Born||September 18, 1997|
Maneepat Myra Molloy (Thai: มณีภัสสร มอลลอย; RTGS: Maniphatson; born 18 September 1997), nicknamed Myra (ไมร่า), is a Thai-American singer, songwriter and actress. In 2011 at age 13, Molloy won the premier season of Thailand's Got Talent with her performances of a combination of cross-over classical and Broadway songs. In August 2014 at age 16, she placed Top 6 on ABC television's Rising Star USA. In 2018-2019 Molloy played Kim (alternate) in the US tour of Miss Saigon. Molloy played 'Quinn' in Miramax's He's All That, the gender reversing reboot of She's All That.
Molloy was born in Bangkok to a Thai mother and an American father. She has a younger sister, Nina. From an early age, Molloy made frequent trips to New York City, where she fell in love with Broadway. She was fascinated by The Phantom of the Opera, more than once standing through the entire performance with her $26 standing-room ticket. She still tries to attend every musical that she possibly can.
Molloy started playing violin when she was 5, later switching to the viola. She was a member of her school orchestra, as well as senior and chamber choirs. Molloy was the first vocal scholar at Shrewsbury International School Bangkok at age 9.
In 2011 when Molloy was 13, she entered the first season of Thailand's Got Talent. In the competition she sang Time to Say Goodbye, Think of Me, Pie Jesu, and the Thai pop song "Star". The founder of Bangkok Grand Opera said he opened his new production company based on the increased interest in Western classical music as a direct result of Molloy's performances.
Since winning the competition in 2011, Molloy has performed regularly with the Siam Sinfonietta Orchestra and Bangkok Opera. She regularly sings at major events including The Thai National Film Awards, The British Embassy Celebration of Queen Elizabeth II's birthday, The Asia-Pacific ICT Awards, numerous music festivals and concerts, and regularly at corporate events for major international companies including Rolls Royce, Samsung, Johnson & Johnson, Shiseido and many more.
Molloy has performed in Paris, China, Singapore, Thailand, and the United States singing in different languages including English, Thai, Chinese, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Latin. She enjoys singing classical, pop, musicals and Jazz.
In 2012 she landed her first major theatrical role, playing the young Reya in Reya the Musical, based on a popular work of Thai fiction by Thaithow Sucharitkul, music by Somtow Sucharitkul. Every performance of the musical sold out.
In late 2012, Molloy sang from the audience at a David Foster concert in Bangkok, impressing him with her clear soprano voice. Later in the concert David invited Molloy on stage to sing a duet with tenor Fernando Varela. David auspiciously commented, "I'm sure I will be seeing a lot more of you." Then in April 2013 David invited Molloy to perform with him in Malibu, California USA at the 65th anniversary of Israel.
Molloy placed sixth in Season 1 of Rising Star on August 17, 2014, at age 16.
In 2016 Molloy played the character Wish in HBO Asia's original series Halfworlds II. She also co-wrote and performed several songs for the series. In November 2016, Molloy performed the songs and voice of Moana in the Thai version of the Walt Disney Studios animated film.
Molloy graduated summa cum laude from Berklee College of Music in Boston Massachusetts, majoring in singing and songwriting. She was a merit scholarship student.
Molloy is Kim (Alternate) in the 2018-19 US Tour of "Miss Saigon".
(2021)Myra is Quinn in movie "He's All That" on Netflix.
|Audition Week 1||"Time to Say Goodbye"||Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman||Safe (73% / 75%)|
|Duels Week 6||"Gravity" (vs. Morgan Higgins)||Sara Bareilles||Safe (66% / 66%)|
|Top 13 Week 7||"Stars"||Grace Potter and the Nocturnals||Safe (68% / 70%)|
|Top 8 Week 8||"Your Song"||Elton John||Saved (46% / 55%)|
|Top 6 Week 9||"Chandelier"||Sia||Eliminated (27% / 34%)|
Movies and television
- Guest Star, The Bold Type
- The Thai dub of Moana, a Walt Disney Studios animated feature film 
- Halfworlds II, an HBO Asia original series
- The Winner Thailand's Got Talent
Theater and opera
- 2018-2019 Kim (alternate), Miss Saigon US national tour
- 2016 Dracula, Blood is Life. Molloy played Lucy in the Bangkok theatrical production.
- 2016 The 33 Gods, an opera by Somtow Sucharitkul.
- 2012 Molloy as the young Reya in Reya the Musical. The play is based on the book by famed Thai writer Thaitao Sucharitkul. Music by Somtow Sucharitkul.
- 2012 Molloy as Tiger in "A Boy and a Tiger" by Bruce Gaston at Impact Arena
- 2006 Molloy sang in the children's choir in the Bangkok Opera production of Ayodhya by Somtow Sucharitkul
- 2016: How Far I'll Go (Thai version) on Walt Disney Records
- 2016: Blood Is Life on Ewing Entertainment
- 2015: Could It Be You on Chillin' Groove Records
- 2014: Time to Say Goodbye on Capitol Records, USA
- 2014: Gravity on Capitol Records, USA
- 2014: Stars on Capitol Records, USA
- 2014: Your Song on Capitol Records, USA
- 2014: Chandelier on Capitol Records, USA
- 2012: Why Can't I Dream from Reya The Musical
- 2011: Serment au Clair de Lune from the concert A Tout Jamais, a collection of H.M. The King of Thailand's songs translated into French.
- 2014 Top 6 in America's ABC "Rising Star"
- 2011 Winner premier season Thailand's Got Talent
- 2008 First prize trophy from HRH The Thai Pricness Future Park Junior Talent Award 2008
- 2008 Winner Dutchmill Kids Star Talent Contest 2008
- 2008 Winner Fairbairn Exhibition Scholarship (Shrewsbury International School)
- 2007 Winner Nescafe My Cup Fantasia 2
- 2006 Winner MIFA Singing Contest 2006 (at age 8)
- The Bangkok Post,"Thailand's Top Talent is Only 13" June 1, 2011.
- "Entertainment Weekly" August 18, 2014.
- "'He's All That' Remake: Madison Pettis, 'American Housewife' Actor Peyton Meyer & Others Join Miramax Pic". 28 October 2020.
- Myra Molloy - World Exposure Interview with Cher Dial, August 12, 2014
- PRLOG, "Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Music Scholars Concert featuring Myra Molloy and Ex-Cathedra," August 31, 2011.
- Bangkok Post, "Thailand's Top Talent is Only 13", May 31, 2011
- Thailand Tatler, Grand Apparence, 23 March 2014 http://www.thailandtatler.com/tag/stefan-paul-sanchez/ Archived 2014-04-29 at the Wayback Machine
- TopTen Bangkok, BMA presents Siam Sinfonietta's New Year Concert, Dec 2012
- Prestige (Singapore), The Phantom Family. A New World, August 13, 2012, http://prestige-singapore.com.sg/2012/08/phantom-family-new-world#.U19m-a1dVRd Archived 2014-04-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand, Social & Cultural News: Concert featuring His Majesty the Kings Songs Set to French Lyrics Debuted in Paris, March 22, 2012, http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/media-center/30/5365-Concert-featuring-His-Majesty-the-Kings-Songs-Set.html Archived 2014-04-29 at the Wayback Machine
- The Nation, Chompoo gets her own mini-me, March 16, 2012
- Hayley Westenra forums, David Foster & Friends Asian Tour: Singapore, Thailand, Jakarta, & China, 11-06-2012 http://hayleywestenra.forums.umusic.co.uk/t/1936.aspx?PageIndex=3 Archived 2014-04-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Consulate General of Israel, Los Angeles, ISRAEL'S 65TH INDEPENDENCE DAY, April 12, 2013, "Israel's 65th Independence Day". Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2014-04-29.
- The Hive - Asia, First look at HBO Asia's "Halfworlds" season 2
- Disney Video, "ห่างเพียงใด" ("How Far I'll Go") - Disney Moana Music Video
- He's All That (2021) - IMDb, retrieved 2021-08-31
- Cinema Bravo, November 13, 2016
- IMDB, Halfworlds
- "Entertainment Weekly" August 18, 2014.
- Bangkok Post, Lifestyle, Blood is life, Feb. 2016
- The Nation, Somtow's chariot halfway to Heaven, July 18, 2016
- The Nation, "Chompoo Gets Her Own Mini-me," March 16, 2012