This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may interest only a particular audience.Learn how and when to remove this template message)(July 2012) (
Myrtle Abigail Porlucas Sarrosa|
December 7, 1994
Iloilo City, Iloilo, Philippines
|Education||University of the Philippines Diliman|
|Occupation||Cosplayer, Actress, Singer, VJ, Dancer|
|Agent||Star Magic (2012–present)|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Labels||Ivory Music & Video (2016-present)|
Myrtle Sarrosa (born Myrtle Abigail Porlucas Sarrosa; December 7, 1994) is a Filipina actress, cosplayer, host, singer and songwriter who rose to prominence after being declared the Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4 Big Winner. Sarrosa is currently managed and under contract to Star Magic, ABS-CBN's home based talent agency where she was launched as one of the Star Magic Angels and is known as one of the Ten Most Popular Cosplayers in the World.
Sarrosa is the Official VJ or Anime Jockey for Hero TV, the main female presenter for ABS-CBN Sports and Action's NCAA Basketball Championship (Philippines) and a feature host for the morning show, Umagang Kay Ganda. Sarrosa is also known as one of the eight celebrity performers on the second season of the show, Your Face Sounds Familiar.
After signing a record deal with Ivory Music & Video (Sony Music Philippines) in 2016, Sarrosa released her major-label debut studio album, Now Playing: Myrtle (2016) which was awarded a certified Gold Award by the Philippine Association of the Record Industry for its outstanding album sales. Aside from writing all her songs from her album, she also wrote the songs for other artists namely Jennylyn Mercado and Maja Salvador.
Sarrosa graduated Cum Laude from the Philippines' top university, University of the Philippines, with a degree in Broadcast Communication and served as the Sangguniang Kabataan President in her hometown Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo.
Myrtle Sarrosa was born to Rodolfo Sarrosa Jr., a Filipino politician and Tam Porlucas, a Filipina accountant. Sarrosa was born and raised in Iloilo City, Visayas, Philippines. At the age of fourteen, Sarrosa started participating in Cosplay Conventions and won several awards for cosplaying in the Philippines.
By the age of fifteen, Sarrosa served as the Sanggunian Kabataan (English: Youth Council) President of her municipality, Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo, Philippines where she became the chairman of the Committee of Youth and Sports. Before joining Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4, Sarrosa was an accounting student of the University of the Philippines Visayas but transferred to the university's main Diliman campus in 2013. Sarrosa worked as full-time actress and host while attending classes in the UP College of Mass Communication. Sarrosa graduated Cum Laude from the Philippines' top university with a degree in BA Broadcast Communication. Aside from receiving Latin Honors, Sarrosa was awarded multiple times for her research in cosplay's history in the Philippines.
Pinoy Big Brother
Sarrosa was dubbed Cosplay Cutie ng Iloilo, Sarrosa entered the house of Big Brother on Day 2 together with the other female housemates. On Day 91 at the Malolos Sports and Convention Center in Bulacan, she was declared the Big Winner after garnering a massive 33.92% percent of internet votes and triumphed over Karen Reyes with 11.91%, Roy Requejo with 9.38%, and twins Jai and Joj Agpangan with 9.26%.
In 2012, after winning Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4, Sarrosa launched her acting and recording career in the Philippines. Sarrosa joined the cast of the Filipino television-drama, Kahit Puso'y Masugatan, together with her on-screen partners, Kit Thompson and Yves Flores. Sarrosa became a regular performer for the weekend variety program ASAP (variety show) where she was named the Pop Viewer's Choice Awardee as Pop Female Cutie.
During that same year, Sarrosa and Young JV also released their digital single entitled, "Your Name", which ranked Number 1 on MYX. Later, Sarrosa launched her hosting career by becoming the Official VJ or Anime Jockey for Hero TV. Sarrosa was also a recurring cast as Maristela on the Filipino comedy sitcom TodaMax for two years. Sarrosa was acknowledged by various award recognition bodies such as the PMPC Star Awards for television and the Golden Screen Awards for her performances as an actress in 2012.
In 2013, Sarrosa released a self-titled album under Star Records with the carrier single "Mr. Kupido", which got her a nomination as the Best New Female Recording Artist during the PMPC Star Awards for Music. The official music video for her song starred Sarrosa and Enrique Gil. Sarrosa also became the official resident cosplay judge and host for the first Philippine cosplay show, iCosplay. Later that year till the beginning of the year 2014, Sarrosa starred in the television series Moon of Desire as Anise and top billed for "Mahal Ko Si Sir" on Ipaglaban Mo as Dolly. She also became the cover girl for November 2014 issue of FHM Philippines.
In 2015, Sarrosa became a regular feature and travel host for the morning show Umagang Kay Ganda and became the main female presenter for basketball, volleyball and cheer dance for the National Collegiate Athletic Association (Philippines) during its Season 91 and 92. Sarrosa is also became one of the eight celebrity performers on the second season of the show, Your Face Sounds Familiar. She also joined by her PBB Teen predecessor James Reid and Nadine Lustre, for Maalaala Mo Kaya's Valentines episode "Signs of Love" and joined Enrique Gil and Liza Soberano in the television series, Forevermore. She also became a part of the fourth batch of lucky stars in the game show, Kapamilya Deal or No Deal where she donated her winnings to 29 Barangay Daycares in her home province, Iloilo City, Philippines. In that same year, Sarrosa was relaunched on ASAP (variety show) as one of Star Magic's Star Magic Angels where she was titled the "Playful Angel".
In 2016, Sarrosa became the host of Hero (TV channel)'s flagship show My Hero Nation. She also launched her sophomore album under Ivory Music & Video (Sony Music Philippines) entitled Now Playing: Myrtle which was a certified Gold Awardee by the Philippine Association of the Record Industry. She released the song Mr. Pakipot as her album's first single. Aside from writing all her songs from her album, she also wrote the songs Lampara and Magkaibang Mundo together with Jonathan Ong for Jennylyn Mercado's Album entitled Ultimate and Maja Salvador's Single Haplos. Sarrosa also became a regular cast of the family fantasy show My Super D, FPJ's Ang Probinsyano and top billed the Ipaglaban Mo! episode entitled Hayok.
In 2017, Sarrosa starred in the highest rating TV Film on TV5 Philippines' entitled Wattled Presents: AFGITMOLFM where she was partnered with Richard Juan and Kino Rementilla. She also became the host of another Hero (TV channel) Program, Hero Tambayan. She also launched another single entitled LABEL featuring Abra (rapper) which won her the Favorite Music Video Award during the 30th Awit Awards. Sarrosa was also a part of the cast of La Luna Sangre as one of the main antagonists before joining the cast of The Good Son (TV series). In the same year, she also starred in another controversial Ipaglaban Mo! episode entitled Tuliro where she played the role of a Schizophrenic.
In 2018, Sarrosa covered for the men's magazine FHM Philippines during their February issue and became the 2018 calendar girl of the liquor brand, Ginebra San Miguel. She also became the host of The Filipino Channel and ABS-CBN Sports and Action's program, The First Five and became the official muse of the Barangay Ginebra San Miguel basketball team in the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA).
Sarrosa is an advocate for youth. She is the Sanggunian Kabataan President in her home municipality and an active participant in programs and fundraising projects by Ako Ang Simula and Sagip Kapamilya. On December 6, 2012, Sarrosa held a feeding program for 29 barangays in Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo and donated chairs for 10 barangay day cares. On December 9, 2012, Sarrosa celebrated her 18th birthday with cancer patients from Pedis Hema Onco with the help of Ako Ang Simula and her endorsement, Lolita.
- Myrtle Sarrosa (Self Titled Album) (2013)
- Now Playing: Myrtle (2016) - Certified Gold Award by PARI on October 2016
|Once A Princess||Helen||Star Cinema|
|2015||Just The Way You Are||Bea|
|2017||Haunted Forest||Lorena||Regal Films|
|2012||Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4||Housemate/Big Winner||ABS-CBN|
|2012–13||Kahit Puso'y Masugatan||Monique Santos|
|Toda Max||Tita Maristela|
|2013||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Family Picture||Gina|
|2014||Moon of Desire||Anise|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya: Sulat||Kate|
|Ipaglaban Mo: Love Ko Si Sir||Dolly Ramos|
|2015||Umagang Kay Ganda||Herself/Host|
|Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal||One of the Lucky Stars #11|
|Malaala Mo Kaya: Stuffed Toy||Carmina|
|Your Face Sounds Familiar 2||Herself/Performer|
|2016||FPJ's Ang Probinsyano||Doreen Villaluna|
|Ipaglaban Mo: Hayok||Ellen|
|My Super D||Cherry|
|Minute to Win It||Herself - Last Man Standing|
|2017||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Makeup||Beth|
|La Luna Sangre||Therine||ABS-CBN|
|2018||The Good Son||Vangie|
|Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Araw Gabi||teen Celestina|
Awards and nominations
|2012||Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4||Big Winner||Herself||Won|
|ASAP Pop Viewer's Choice Awards 2012||Pop Female Cutie|
|26th PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best New Female TV Personality||Toda Max||Nominated|
|10th Golden Screen Awards||Outstanding Breakthrough Performance by an Actress|
- "Myrtle Sarrosa wins PBB Teen Edition 4" July 08, 2012, SunStar
- "10 Of The Most Popular Cosplayers In The World". therichest. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- "Myrtle Gail, HERO TV’s Official Anime Jock" September 1, 2012, AnimePHProject
- "Myrtle Sarrosa releases album". ABSCBN. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- "Myrtle Is Teen Big Winner of 'PBB Teen Edition 4'" July 8, 2012, Manila Bulletin
- "Myrtle releases her digital single together with her fellow Ilonggo Singer/Rapper, Young JV, entitled "Your Name"" retrieved on September 1, 2012 via myrtlegail.com.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120609052411/http://pbb.abs-cbn.com/housemates/d3d9446802a44259755d38e6d163e820.html. Archived from the original on June 9, 2012. Retrieved July 18, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Myrtle Sarrosa - What you need to know about her". Whatswithjeff.com. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- "Myrtle Sarrosa graduates cum laude from U.P. Diliman". cnn. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "IN PHOTOS: Myrtle Sarrosa graduates cum laude from UP". Rappler. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- [myrtle brian poe "Myrtle Sarrosa - Moving On From Breakup"] Check
|url=value (help). Rappler.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Iloilo 'cutie' wins PBB Teen Edition 4" July 08, 2012, ABS-CBN News
- "Housemate Profile: Myrtle Sarrosa" Archived 2012-06-09 at the Wayback Machine. April 08, 2012, 2012, PBB.ABS CBN
- "Winners of ASAP Pop Viewers Choice Awards 2012 - Philippine News". Philippine News. 2012-11-11. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120802035558/http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/07/30/12/pbb%E2%80%99s-myrtle-join-kahit-pusoy-masugatan. Archived from the original on August 2, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Myrtle now a recurring cast in TodaMax" retrieved on November 9, 2012 via myrtlegail.com.
- "FULL LIST: The nominees for the 9th PMPC Star Awards for Music". Rappler. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "Myrtle Sarrosa - FHM Cover Girl November 2014". fhm.com.ph. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "Former PBB housemate is new courtside reporter of NCAA for Season 91". Spin.ph. June 22, 2015.
- "Myrtle's Mystica split wins top spot in 'Your Face Sounds Familiar'". ASTIG.PH. 2015-10-24. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- Corp., ABS-CBN. "Star Magic launches Star Magic Angels". ABS-CBNENT. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Myrtle Sarrosa releases album". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- Corp., ABS-CBN. "Lalaking hayok sa laman, bubuweltahan ni Myrtle sa "Ipaglaban Mo"". ABS-CBNENT. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- Antonio, Psylocke (2017-11-27). "Here Are The Winners of the 30th Awit Awards + Photos - Billboard Philippines". Billboard Philippines. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- Corp., ABS-CBN. "Myrtle and Miko on how challenging their roles are in Ipaglaban Mo "Tuliro"". ABS-CBNENT. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "Myrtle Sarrosa Is FHM's February 2018 Cover Girl". fhm.com.ph. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- News, ABS-CBN. "LOOK: Myrtle is Ginebra's 2018 calendar girl". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- Myrtle to celebrate debut with cancer kids (December 2012). She never fails to share her blessings. ABSCBN News retrieved January 21, 2012
- "Myrtle Sarrosa Album by Myrtle Sarrosa - MyMusicStore - Your biggest choice in music". Opm.mymusicstore.com.ph. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
| Pinoy Big Brother
PBB All In - Daniel Matsunaga
| Pinoy Big Brother Teens
PBB 737 - Jimboy Martin