Mystery Comics Digest
|Mystery Comics Digest|
|Publisher||Gold Key Comics|
|Publication date||March 1972 – October 1975|
|Number of issues||26|
Mystery Comics Digest was published for 26 issues, from 1972 to 1975. All reprinted stories from three of Gold Key's mystery/suspense/fantasy/science fiction anthologies: Ripley's Believe It or Not!, Boris Karloff's Tales of Mystery, and Twilight Zone, in a three-issue rotation. Each issue highlighted the title it was reprinted from on the cover.
- Believe It or Not!- #1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25
- Boris Karloff- #2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26
- Twilight Zone- #3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24
Tragg appeared in issues #3 and 9 before getting his own title.
Doctor Spektor appeared in issues #5, 10-12, and 21, most before getting his own title.
Also, several of the creatures that Dr. Spektor fought appeared here first, including Ra-Ka-Tep (#1), Count Wulfstein the werewolf (#2), Simbar the were-lion (#3), Baron Tibor (#4), Lurker in the Swamp (#7).
- Rutledge, Charles. Donald F. Glut interview. Sword & Sorcery (Pitch Black Books). Accessed Aug. 31, 2011.
- former Western Publishing scripter Mark Evanier's comments on the Gold Key digests and their eventual demise
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|