|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Created by||Michael Sloan|
|Written by||Michael Sloan
Clarence Williams III
|Music by||Joe Kraemer|
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of episodes||11|
|Executive producer(s)||Robert Halmi Jr.
|Running time||80–84 min.|
|Production company(s)||Alpine Medien Productions
Larry Levinson Productions
|Original network||Hallmark Channel|
|Original release||August 31, 2003– January 13, 2007|
Mystery Woman is the name of a series of eleven TV movies released by the Hallmark Channel between 2003 and 2007, and now appearing regularly on the Hallmark Movie Channel. While on the Hallmark Channel, it was broadcast in rotation with the movie series McBride, Murder 101, and Jane Doe, under the umbrella title Hallmark Channel Mystery Wheel. In the UK these movies are aired, on a rotation basis, in afternoon drama slot on channel 5. The series pilot aired in 2003, followed by ten episodes first shown 2005–07.[not verified in body]
Mystery Woman stars Kellie Martin as Samantha Kinsey, proprietor of a bookstore specializing in mystery books who gets involved in solving real-life mysteries. Martin has also directed two episodes.
- Samantha Kinsey (Kellie Martin): An avid murder-mystery fan who inherits a bookstore in the first film. Her extensive knowledge of murder-mystery books assists her in her amateur sleuthing.
- Philby (J.E. Freeman in the first film, Clarence Williams III in subsequent films): Caretaker of the bookstore, later revealed to have worked in a secret agency for the government identified as O.S.D. Level 6 in Mystery Woman: Oh Baby. Samantha's father figure.
- Cassie Hillman (Constance Zimmer in the first film, replaced by Nina Siemaszko in subsequent films): An assistant to the D.A. and personal friend of Samantha.
- Chief Connors (Casey Sander): The often-foiled police chief who is quick to arrest before Samantha usually proves him wrong. Despite the fact that he hates it when Samantha interferes in his investigations, Chief Connors does care for her, as shown in In the Shadows when he tells her that she may be a pain in the back side but she is his pain in the back side. His affection is also shown by his nickname for her: "Snoopy".
- Mystery Woman (pilot) – directed by Walter Klenhard, first aired August 31, 2003
- Mystery Woman: Mystery Weekend – directed by Mark Griffiths, first aired January 7, 2005
- Mystery Woman: Snapshot – directed by Georg Stanford Brown, first aired January 28, 2005
- Mystery Woman: Sing Me a Murder – directed by Stephen Bridgewater, first aired February 25, 2005
- Mystery Woman: Vision of a Murder – directed by Kellie Martin, first aired June 5, 2005
- Mystery Woman: Game Time – directed by David S. Cass Sr., first aired August 21, 2005
- Mystery Woman: At First Sight – directed by Kellie Martin, first aired January 21, 2006
- Mystery Woman: Wild West Mystery – directed by David S. Cass Sr., first aired March 18, 2006
- Mystery Woman: Oh Baby – directed by David S. Cass Sr., first aired August 19, 2006
- Mystery Woman: Redemption – directed by David S. Cass Sr., first aired November 6, 2006
- Mystery Woman: In the Shadows – directed by David S. Cass Sr., first aired January 13, 2007
- OVGuide: Watch Mystery Woman Season 2 Episode 5 Redemption Retrieved 2013-04-25