Mystic Ballet began in 1997 as a small group of students. In the years since then, the company has engaged close to 450 affiliates, including 185 performing artists from close to 40 different countries.
With support from the National Endowment of the Arts, Connecticut Office of the Arts, and Connecticut Commission on Culture and Tourism, the company has toured regionally in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, and internationally to Germany, Japan, Serbia, Brazil, and Nicaragua.
In 2012, and 2013 Mystic Ballet was invited to perform at Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival, Inside Out Series.
On September 26, 2009 Mystic Ballet and Subotic was publicly recognized by the State of Connecticut, "In recognition of the ongoing contribution to the cultural and artistic life of the region."[this quote needs a citation]
In 2015 Mystic Ballet opened its performing venue in Mystic Dark Room in Stonington CT.
Mystic Ballet's performance programs and touring are supported by National Endowment for the Arts, Art Works, The Connecticut Office of the Arts, and The Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development.
- Subotic, Goran. "About". Mystic Ballet. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- Subotic, Goran. "About". Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- Mystic Ballet. "Media Coverage and Reviews". Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- Official website
- New York Times – One Little Village, But Top-Notch Ballet
- Connecticut Commission on Culture and Tourism Official website
- Community Foundation of Southeastern Connecticut Official website
- http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/nyregion/13dancect.html "Across Great Divide, East Meets West at Mystic Ballet" Sylviane Gold