Mytilene International Airport
|Mytilene International Airport
Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Μυτιλήνης "Οδυσσέας Ελύτης"
|IATA: MJT – ICAO: LGMT|
|Owner/Operator||Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture|
|Elevation AMSL||60 ft / 18 m|
The airport began to operate in 1948 however it was 1980 before the first charter flight landed.
In December 2015 the privatisation of Mytilene International Airport and 13 other regional airports of Greece was finalised with the signing of the agreement between the Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture and the state privatisation fund. "We signed the deal today," the head of Greece's privatisation agency HRADF, Stergios Pitsiorlas, told Reuters. According to the agreement, the joint venture will operate the 14 airports (including Mytilene International Airport) for 40 years as of autumn 2016.
The airport has one small terminal that services both International and Domestic flights. The airport is 8 kilometres from Mytilene. It was established in 1948 with an unpaved runway of 1200 meters long and 30 meters wide. Over the years the runway was paved and in 2000 the latest runway extension to 2400 meters was made. The airport has a duty-free shop, café-bar and two car rental agencies.
Airlines and destinations
operated by Air Serbia
|Seasonal charter: Belgrade|
|Astra Airlines||Athens, Thessaloniki|
|Austrian Airlines||Seasonal: Vienna|
|Corendon Dutch Airlines||Seasonal: Amsterdam|
operated by Aegean Airlines
|Sky Express||Chios (PSO), Lemnos (PSO), Rhodes (PSO), Samos (PSO)
operated by Travel Service Airlines
|Thomas Cook Airlines||Seasonal charter: London-Gatwick|
|Travel Service Airlines||Seasonal charter: Brno, Ostrava, Prague|
|Tus Air||Seasonal: Larnaca (begins 24 June 2017)|
- "MYTILINI AIRPORT "OD.ELYTIS"". ypa.gr. Retrieved 10 June 2016. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "ypa" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Αερολέσχη Μυτιλήνης". Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "New flights from Thessaloniki and Athens!". astra-airlines.gr. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Astra Airlines". Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "SmartWings Contact". smartwings.com.
- "SmartWings Flight schedule". smartwings.com.
- "Brenna – Ostrov Lesbos: Letový řád". Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Ostrava Airport". Retrieved 10 February 2013.