Mytilene International Airport
|Mytilene International Airport
Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Μυτιλήνης "Οδυσσέας Ελύτης"
|Elevation AMSL||60 ft / 18 m|
Mytilene International Airport (also known as Odysseas Elytis) (IATA: MJT, ICAO: LGMT) is an airport in Mytilene, on Lesbos Island, Greece. The airport has one small terminal that services both International and Domestic flights. The airport is 8 kilometres from Mytilene. It was established in 1948 with an unpaved runway of 1200 meters long and 30 meters wide. Over the years the runway was paved and in 2000 the latest runway extension to 2400 meters was made. The airport has a duty-free shop, café-bar and two car rental agencies. On the northern apron the Mitilini Airclub has a little area which has been appointed by the Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority.
The airport began to operate in 1948 however it was 1980 before the first charter flight landed. 
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Athens, Thessaloniki
|Air Berlin||Seasonal: Düsseldorf, Munich|
operated by Air Serbia
|Seasonal charter: Belgrade|
|Astra Airlines||Athens , Thessaloniki|
|Austrian Airlines||Seasonal: Vienna|
|Corendon Dutch Airlines||Seasonal: Amsterdam|
|Finnair||Seasonal: Helsinki (begins 1 June 2016)|
|Minoan Air||Seasonal: Heraklion|
|Sky Express||Chios (PSO) , Heraklion, Lemnos (PSO)|
operated by Travel Service Airlines
|Summer seasonal: Prague|
|Thomas Cook Airlines||Seasonal charter: Birmingham, London-Gatwick, Manchester|
|Travel Service Airlines||Seasonal charter: Brno, Ostrava, Prague|
- "MYTILINI AIRPORT "OD.ELYTIS"". ypa.gr. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Αερολέσχη Μυτιλήνης". Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "New flights from Thessaloniki and Athens!". astra-airlines.gr. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Astra Airlines". Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "SmartWings Contact". smartwings.com.
- "SmartWings Flight schedule". smartwings.com.
- "Charter Flight Timetables". manchesterairport.co.uk. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Brenna – Ostrov Lesbos: Letový řád". Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Ostrava Airport". Retrieved 10 February 2013.
|This article about an airport in Greece is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|