Myung Mi Kim
|Myung Mi Kim|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Myeongmi|
Kim and her family immigrated to the United States when she was 9 years old. She holds a Masters of Fine Arts from the University of Iowa and lectured for some years on creative writing at the San Francisco State University. She is currently Professor of English at the University at Buffalo.
- Under Flag - Kelsey St. Press, 1991, reprinted. 1998 and 2008
- The Bounty - Chax Press, 1996, reprinted. 2000
- Dura- Sun & Moon Press, 1999
- Spelt (with Susan Gevirtz) - a+bend press, 2000
- Commons - Berkeley: University of California Press, 2002
- River Antes - Buffalo: Atticus/Finch, 2006
- Penury - Omnidawn Publishing, 2009
References, reviews, interviews & critical works on Myung Mi Kim
- VICTOR, Divya. "Eight discourses between Myung Mi Kim and Divya Victor" Jacket 2
- Art and Culture. Myung Mi Kim
- BRINK Dean. Review: “Myung Mi Kim’s The Bounty.” in Interpoetics 1(1), Summer 1997.
- JEON Joseph Jonghyun. “Speaking in tongues: Myung Mi Kim's stylized mouths. (Critical Essay)”. Studies in the Literary Imagination, Spring 2004 v37 i1 p125a (24).
- LEE James Kyung-Jin. "Myung Mi Kim." Interview in Words Matter: Conversations with Asian American Writers. edited by King-Kok CHEUNG. Honolulu, University of Hawai'i Press, 2000. pp 92–104.
- MORRISON Yedda. "Generosity as Method: Excerpts from a Conversation with Myung Mi Kim." Interview in Tripwire: A Journal of Poetics, n°1. Fall 2000. pp 75–85.
- PARK Josephine Nock-Hee. “Composed of Many Lengths of Bone: Myung Mi Kim’s Reimagination of Image and Epic.” Transnational Asian American Literature: Sites and Transits. Editors: Shirley Geok-lin LIM, John Blair GAMBER, Stephen Hong SOHN, and Gina VALENTINO. Philadelphia, PA, Temple University Press, 2006. pp 235–256.
- SCHARF Michael and Jeff ZALESKI. “Forecasts: Poetry: Review of Myung Mi Kim’s book Commons” Publisher’s Weekly, v 249, Issue 3, 21 January 2002, p 86.
- Interview and recital with Kim in 2000
- EPC Home Page
- UC Berkeley Lunch Poems Webcast
- Catalina CARIAGA's article "Desire and Predicament" from Poetry Flash, n°233, Aug. 1992 now available online at: 
- Ed PARK's “Sound Bitten: Commons by Myung Mi Kim” from the Village Voice Literary Supplement, New York, May 2002, at: 
- Jocelyn SAIDENBERG's “Review: Myung Mi Kim. The Bounty.” ZERO: Writing Arts: 
- Zhou XIAOJING's article “Possibilities Out of an Impossible Position: Myung Mi Kim's Under Flag”. at: 
- Karl YOUNG's "Myung Mi Kim & Maureen Owen as of 1993". American Book Review 1993. at: