|Launched||February 28, 2007|
|Owned by||ABS-CBN International|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
"Now you know." (2011–2013)|
"Feed your music monster." (2007–2011)
|Headquarters||ABS-CBN International, 2001 Junipero Serra Blvd, Suite 200 Daly City, CA 94014|
|Sister channel(s)||ANC, Lifestyle, S+A, Cinema One, Myx (Philippines), TFC|
|DirecTV||Channel 2067 (US nationwide)|
|OSN||Channel 703 (Middle East)|
|Time Warner Cable||
Channel 1454 (Los Angeles, New York City, New Jersey, San Diego, Desert Cities, Yuma, Arizona) |
Channel 76 and 684 (Hawaii)
Channel 673 (Chicago) |
Channel 368 (San Francisco Bay Area and Central Valley, California)
Channel 244 (Seattle and Western Washington)
Channel 820 (Spokane)
Channel 479 (Orange County) |
Channel 464 (Northern Virginia)
Channel 405 (San Diego)
Channel 509 (Norfolk, VA and Virginia Beach)
|Bright House Networks||
Channel 811 (Bakersfield) |
Channel 180 (Birmingham, AL)
Channel 475 (Orlando and Central Florida)
Channel 182 (Detroit)
Channel 180 (Indianapolis)
Channel 633 (Tampa)
|RCN||Channel 464 (Boston, Chicago, Washington DC., New York City, Philadelphia)|
|MTA||Channel 226 (Alaska)|
|KPU CommVision||Channel 175 (Ketchikan, Alaska)|
|MCV||Channel 16 (Guam)|
|Myx TV On Demand||
Samsung Smart TV and Blu-ray
Opera Software on Sony Bravia and Sony Blu-ray
Myx TV (pronounced "mix") formerly known simply as Myx, is an American pay TV channel based in Daly City, California with studio in Redwood City, California. It was launched in 2007 and is available nationwide in over 15 million households on pay TV providers such as Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Cable, Bright House Networks, and DirecTV. The network is also available on digital platforms, offering on demand contents on its own website and on OTT platforms such as Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Sony Bravia, and Blu-ray. Myx TV was originally targeted to the Asian American youth community with music video as its primary content. However, in 2011, it was reformatted to become a general entertainment channel targeted to the Asian diaspora in United States.
ABS-CBN International launched Myx TV on DirecTV on February 28, 2007 from its corporate headquarters in Redwood City, California. Myx TV is the American counterpart of Myx, an influential music channel in the Philippines, and is programmed and operated independently.
In 2011, Myx TV changed its logo, slogan, and programming.
Myx TV's programming includes acquired programs from Asia and the United States such as Japanese sports game show Unbeatable Banzuke, K-pop music variety show Music Bank, reality competition Supermodel Me, musical drama The Kitchen Musical, and classic cartoon series Voltron.
Myx TV began producing original reality shows in 2014 and premiered its first series I'm Asian American and... on April 23, 2014. In June 2014, the network premiered its first original competition reality show Call to Cosplay, which is also the first ever cosplay competition show in the United States. Two more original reality series Bagged and Eat Your Words premiered in August and October, respectively, with both series renewed in 2015.
In January 2015, Myx TV became the first U.S. cable network to air K-Pop live music countdown show Inkigayo. The network also launched an Asian horror movie block called Shiver and Shake in July 2015.
In May 2016, Myx TV launched dating reality series Mom vs Matchmaker Season 1 with Celebrity Matchmaker, Carmelia Ray continuing into 2017 with Season 2 and 2.5.
In January 2017, Myx TV launched "My Motto," a digital profile series highlighting Asian American talent such as Yaya Han, a costume designer, model and cosplay entertainer based in Atlanta, GA., Patrice Clearly of "Purple Patch" restaurant in Washington D.C., Hokuto Konishi, dance member of Quest Crew from the hit MTV show America's Best Dance Crew. In September 2017, My Motto: Veteran's Edition became 6 Certified through Got Your 6 and was named a finalist in the Cablefax Program Awards in the Video on Demand Program/Special category.
Myx TV has produced several events, including the award-winning Myx Mash, which was held on May 22, 2010 at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco featuring performances by Bruno Mars, Brown Eyed Girls, and T-Pain, Myx TV's K-pop TaKeover, the first K-pop dance convention in the United States featuring top K-pop choreographers Movement Lifestyle and America's Best Dance Crew winners Poreotics, Myx Loaded, a live performance show featuring YouTube artists in University of California, Davis, Myx TV Presents: Introducing Victor King and the YTF Crew, a live performance show in Los Angeles, and "AJ Rafael & Friends" Christmas Special in Irvine, CA.
- Outstanding Multicultural Marketing for Myx Mash, 2011 CableFAXIES Awards.
- Special Recognition Award from the City and County of San Francisco, 2013 Asian Heritage Awards.
- Guilty Addiction of the Year for Eat Your Words, 6th Annual Taste Awards.
- Third Place, Digital Marketing Tactics for I'm Asian American and..., 2014 NAMIC EMMA Awards.
- Bronze for Making of MYX-Rated: The Documentary, 2012 Telly Awards
- General Manager Miguel Santos was named a Luminarie at the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications at the 2017 class of Next Generation Leaders and Luminaries.
- Nomination for the Cablefax Program Awards for My Motto: Veteran's Edition from Comcast CN100.
- "Time Warner Cable Expands Carriage of Myx TV". Broadcasting & Cable. 4 November 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Myx TV Launches on Time Warner Cable in New York City and New Jersey". International Media Distribution. 31 July 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Comcast Corporate Social Responsibility Report". Comcast. 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "MYX, the First Music Lifestyle Channel For Asian Americans Now Available on DIRECTV". PRWeb. 2007-04-12. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Asian Net Myx TV Mixes Platforms". Multichannel News. 2011-04-25. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- Myx TV's New Look. YouTube. March 31, 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "ABS-CBN opens new Glendale office". Balita. 2014-02-27. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "Myx TV Launches Roku App". Multichannel News. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Samsung App Store". Samsung. 21 October 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Unbeatable Banzuke Ultimate Man vs Obstacle". International Media Distribution. 2013-03-25. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Myx TV to Air Music Bank in the US". Soompi. 2012-07-27. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Myx TV Adds Dating Series Bagged and Supermodelme Femme Fatale to Programming Slate". Broadcasting & Cable. 2014-08-12. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Genre Busting The Kitchen Musical Now on Myx TV Menu". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 2013-06-20. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Classic Voltron to Air on Myx TV". Voltron. 2011-04-25. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Asian-American Channel Myx TV to Debut First Original Reality Series (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety (magazine). 2014-04-09. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "FX Networks CEO John Landgraf : HBO Emmy move "unfair"". Cynopsis. 2014-04-10. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Myx TV Sets First Original Series". Multichannel News. 2014-04-15. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "First Look: Myx TV Debuts Original Reality Competition Series 'Call to Cosplay'". Variety. 2014-06-27. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "Myx TV Greenlights Hidden Face Dating Series Bagged (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Watch: Myx TV's 'Eat Your Words' Gives Foodies a Taste of Their Own Criticism". Variety. 2014-10-14. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Myx TV Renews 2 Series, Sets One New Spinoff". Variety. 2015-05-20. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "'Inkigayo' & 'K-Pop Incubation' Documentary Coming to U.S. via Myx TV". Billboard (magazine). 2014-12-12. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Myx TV to Air 'Inkigayo' and 'K-Pop Incubation' Doc in the U.S." Koream. 2014-12-12. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Myx TV Presents Shiver and Shake- Asian Horror Movies on Friday Nights". DreadCentral. 2015-07-17. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Asian-American Cabler Myx TV Launches 3 YouTube-Exclusive Series". Video Ink. 2015-08-17. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Sure, Why Not? This Web Series Involves Porn Stars Reviewing Candy Bars". Fast Company. 2015-08-26. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Cable Channel Myx TV Brings Trio of Web Series to YouTube". Tubefilter. 2015-08-18. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Myx TV to Debut Three Shows On New YouTube Channel". New Media Rockstars. 2015-08-18. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- MyxTV (2017-01-24), Purple Patch is America‰Ûªs Best Filipino Restaurant and Heaven For Foodies, retrieved 2017-10-25
- "Cablefax Awards Gala 2017 - Cablefax". Cablefax.com. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- Bruno Mars Exclusive Myx TV Interview April 2010. YouTube. 2010-05-05.
- "New Asian-American Network Myx TV Aims to Break Bamboo Ceiling". New America Media. 2011-08-14. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Myx TV presents the first ever K-pop dance convention in the US". Asia Pacific Arts. 2011-05-20.
- "2011 CableFAXIES Awards". CableFAX Magazine. 12 May 2011. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "Myx TV Honored by San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee and the Asian Pacific American Heritage ..." World News. 31 May 2013. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "Nominees and Honorees Announced for 6th Annual Taste Awards". Yahoo News. 11 November 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "NAMIC Announces Winners Of The 2014 Excellence in Multicultural Marketing Awards Presented in Conjunction With the 28th Annual NAMIC Conference". CNBC.com. 21 August 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Myx TV's variety show wins bronze in 2012 Telly Awards". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 28 April 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "NAMIC's Annual Awards Now a Rite of Fall - Multichannel". Multichannel.com. Retrieved 30 September 2017.