|Motto||Self Reliance, Perfection Service|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Kalenga Saka|
Mzuzu University is one of the principal universities of Malawi. The school is located in Mzuzu, in the northern region of Malawi. It was founded in 1997 and accepted its first students in 1999. At the time the university opened its doors, the Chancellor was Malawi's former president Dr Bakili Muluzi and the first Vice Chancellor was Professor Terrence Davis. Professor Peter Mwanza, who later entered politics and became a cabinet minister, was active in establishing the university. He was Chairman of the University Council, and later Vice Chancellor.
Faculties and Departments
The University consists of the following faculties and departments:
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Environmental Studies
Faculty of Humanities and Social Studies
- Faculty of Science, Technology and Innovation
- Faculty of Tourism, Hospitality and Management Studies
The Centre for Open and Distance Learning is the focal point for providing education off-campus, including continuing education.
The school operates the following research centers:
- Centre of Excellence in Water and Sanitation
- The Test and Training Centre for Renewable Energy Technologies (TCRET)
- Centre for Inclusive Education
- "Profile: PROFESSOR PETER N. MWANZA, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D." Press Trust. Archived from the original on 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2011-03-03.
|This Malawi university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|