|• Total||0.75 km2 (0.29 sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
När is a settlement on the Swedish island of Gotland, with 413 inhabitants in 2014. Formerly a socken, on 1 January 2016, it was reconstituted into the administrative area När District. The När Lighthouse is located east of the village on Närsholmen.
Singer and actress Josefin Nilsson (1969–2016), was born in När.
När is the name of the socken, now district. It is also the name of the small village surrounding the medieval När Church, sometimes referred to as När kyrkby. It is situated on the east coast of Gotland.
- "Tätorternas landareal, folkmängd och invånare per km2 2000 och 2005" (xls) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- "Gotland i siffror 2015" [Gotland in numbers 2015]. www.gotland.se. Gotland Municipality. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- The exact extent of the socken, now district, can be obtained by clicking on Kartinställningar and check the Socken box in the menu of this map from the Swedish National Heritage Board database.
- "Förordning om district" [Regulation of districts] (PDF). Ministry of Finance. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 24 May 2016.
- Lagerlöf, Erland; Svahnström, Gunnar (1973). Gotlands kyrkor [Gotland's Churces] (in Swedish). Stockholm: Rabén & Sjögren. pp. 218–219. ISBN 91-29-41035-5. LIBRIS 7232718.
- "När". www.ne.se. Nationalencyklopedin. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to När.|
|This article about a location in Gotland County, Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|