|Born||25 April 1957|
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Néstor Torres is a jazz flautist born in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, in 1957. He took flute lessons at age 12 and began formal studies at the Escuela Libre de Música, eventually attending Puerto Rico’s Inter-American University. At 18, he moved to New York with his family. Torres went on to study both jazz and classical music at the Mannes College of Music in New York and the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston, among other places.
On September 9, 2009, he played at the Greek Theatre (Los Angeles) with the Dave Matthews Band. He guested on the song "Lying In The Hands Of God." He performed at the 2010 Central American and Caribbean Games opening ceremony.
- Colombia En Charanga - Released: 1978
- No Me Provoques - Released: 1981
- Afro - Charanga Vol. 2 - Released: 1983
- Morning Ride - Released: 1989
- Dance of the Phoenix - Released: 1990
- Burning Whispers - Released: 1994
- Talk to Me - Released: 1996
- Treasures of the Heart - Released: 1999
- This Side of Paradise - Released: 2001
- Mis Canciones Primeras - Released: 2001
- Mi Alma Latina - Released: 2002
- The Sutra of The Lotus of The Wonderful Law - Released: 2004
- Sin Palabras - Released: 2004
- Dances, Prayers & Meditations For Peace - Released: 2006
- The Very Best Of Nestor Torres (2007)
- Nestor Torres - Nouveau Latino (2008)
- Del Caribe, Soy!: Latin American Flute Music (2017)
- Jazz Flute Traditions (2018)
- Dominican Suite (2022)
- Ruth Fernández muere víctima de un “shock” séptico y neumonía. Patricia Vargas. El Nuevo Dia. Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. Published 9 January 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Nancy Ann Lee (July–August 1999). "Nestor Torres". JazzTimes. Archived from the original on 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Interview Nestor Torres Archived 2005-02-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Grammy Award winner Nestor Torres joins FIU faculty, FIU News, October 18, 2010