From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
September 3, 1956 |
|Occupation||actress, singer, and pop icon|
|Spouse(s)||György Gát (1976–1992)
Dr. Péter Ormos (2006–present)
Nóra Görbe (born September 3, 1956) is a Hungarian pop singer and actress.
- She is the daughter of legendary film actor János Görbe.
- She considered becoming a ballet dancer before turning to acting.
- Although having appeared in many films, television films and plays, she is most famous for her signature role as karate expert detective Linda Veszprémi in the crime-comedy series "Linda" (1984–1989). 
- She has two children with producer and creator of "Linda" György Gát, her former partner: writer Anna Gát (b. 1983) and Márton (b. 1989).
- Besides being an actress, she also recorded a number of albums and toured extensively in the 1980s and 1990s. She released children's albums as well.
- She has recently retired from the limelight, although a retro wave made her a press favorite after the re-run of the show.
- See also Hungarian pop
- Nóra Görbe website >> Biográfia (Hungarian)
- "Just for kicks: how a kung-fu fighting female TV detective reshaped gender norms in the Eastern Bloc", The Calvert Journal
- "Linda" on Allmusic Hungary (Hungarian)
- "Linda & Albatross" (Hungarian)
- "The Triumphant Return of Hungary's Woman TV Supercop". pestiside.hu. 2005-03-08. Retrieved July 28, 2009.
- Unofficial Nóra Görbe fanpage with photos and information
- Nóra Görbe at the Internet Movie Database
- Information on "Linda" hu:Linda (tévésorozat)