Němčice (Svitavy District)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Mayor||Ing. Josef Racek|
|• Total||13.17 km2 (5.08 sq mi)|
|Elevation||385 m (1,263 ft)|
- See other places named Němčice.
Němčice is a village in the Svitavy District (until January 1, 2007 in the Ústí nad Orlicí District) of the Pardubice Region in the northeast of Bohemia, Czech Republic. It is situated in the north of Svitavy District, near historical town Litomyšl. The population of the village is around 900 inhabitants. The mayor is Josef Racek.
Administrative division and local names
- Němčice - central village
- Zhoř - small village situated in a valley to the east of central village Němčice
Some parts of central village have their folk names.
- Člupek - eastern part of village situated around the road junction of roads to Litomyšl, Vlčkov and Česká Třebová.
- Pudilka - northern part of village consisting of not more than 10 houses, situated close to adjacent village Vlčkov
- Podrybník - western part of village consisting of not more than 10 houses, lying on the road to Končiny 2nd part
The first written mention of the village was in 1347.
Two second class roads cross the village:
- road 358: the road part from Litomyšl to Česká Třebová, crossing central village, Člupek and Zhoř
- road 360: the road part from Litomyšl to Ústí nad Orlicí, crossing central village
Adjacent towns and villages
- Litomyšl - parts Litomyšl, Suchá
- Česká Třebová - parts Česká Třebová, Svinná
- Sloupnice - parts Končiny 2nd part, Horní Sloupnice
- "Němčice Village Website Organizational Structure" (in Czech). Antee.cz. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Turistika.cz Němčice Profile" (in Czech). Turistika.cz. Retrieved 30 July 2013.